Poll: 15th POY for 06' 07'(stats coming from Khsaa)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
0%
Van Fergason-Paintsville
0%
Jamie Case-Belfry
0%
Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
0%
Robert Gannon-Phelps
0%
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
0%
Other:
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region POY: Who will it be(Remember Seniors only)..
On the post telling about devin rice points per game i miscalculated. So if you could edit that that would be great. He is only averaging 18 i believe. I put 257 instead of 157.
MVP2 Wrote:1.Case
2.McCarty
3.EJ
You are right...Case and McCarty are the 2 best players on this list...In the past 2 years these guys have been great for their teams...I like how you put Ethan Johnson third because if you go by thier whole careers he may have had the best career overall....I mean it seems like he has played for 10 years....I know he played a lot even as a freshman...But this isnt how it goes and Case is the best player....I would love to have him on my team because he can take the game over whenever he wants...All of these players are great so I think they should just have like a team or something instead of arguing over who is the best....All of these kids should get some kind of recognition :Clap:
Kills me that everyone thinks that the 15 region stops at Paintsville and doesnt come on dow the road to SC or LC. LC may not have the stand out player that puts up 30 a night but they do have a kid Named Tyler Brewer who is one if the best Defensive players in the region.

It was just like last year when Shawn Thompson was there putting up 20 plus points and 10 plus rebounds a game and no one even considered him at all. Heck there was about 4 games he had triple doubles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Kills me that everyone thinks that the 15 region stops at Paintsville and doesnt come on dow the road to SC or LC. LC may not have the stand out player that puts up 30 a night but they do have a kid Named Tyler Brewer who is one if the best Defensive players in the region.

It was just like last year when Shawn Thompson was there putting up 20 plus points and 10 plus rebounds a game and no one even considered him at all. Heck there was about 4 games he had triple doubles.

Well last year Shawn did have a great year but it just so happened someone was having a better year. If Brad Lowe wasn't in the 15th region then Shawn would have got player of the year. But POY is everything, it is an all around player that has defense, steals, assists, points, rebounds, and everything else. and at lawerence co just doesn't have a player like that.
Oh shawn played Defense and was the best all around player, if it wasnt for him they wouldnt have have won but two or three games last year. I also forgot to mention a kid this year by the name of Chet Pelfry. He has been the heart of the team this year leads the team in scoring, and Rebounds. And is playing on a good team. There record is only 10-14 but that doesnt mean anything. You cant take away from a kid that plays hard and keeps his team in most games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
If anything I feel the suspension may actually VALIDATE Case as the 15th Region POY.

Without Case, the Pirates were defeated handidly by Phelps and lost to Lawrence County. The Belfry offense really struggled during this time and I would venture to say that without Case, Belfry was a middle of the pack team if even that.

With Case earlier in the year Belfry travels into Phelps which is one of the tougher places in the 15th to get a win and comes away victorious.

With Case, about a week or so after losing to LC, the Pirates come back to win by 20 points in a game that they led by 30 at one point.

Since Case's return Belfry has went undefeated and defeated Pike Central on the road, Allen Central on the road, Lawrence County, and Pirarist all by double digits. All of sudden they went from being that middle of the road team less than a month ago to beign a legit contender to win the regional title.

Furthermore, Belfry is currently 19-7 on the year, 19-5 when Case has played. When Case was in action, Belfry only lost once to a 15th region team. That stat line alone seperates him from McCarty IMO.
15thRegionX Wrote:I just averaged Devin's points from KHSAA. As of Feb 11th he is averaging 25.12 pts per game. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_23420 if ya want to do it yourself.

Do it again....It's just under 18 points a game.
Arnett is the leading at just over 18 a game.
15thRegionX Wrote:On the post telling about devin rice points per game i miscalculated. So if you could edit that that would be great. He is only averaging 18 i believe. I put 257 instead of 157.

OOOPS...sorry, you already did.
Jamie McCarty from JC is a very great ball player and one of the best int the state don't get me wrong, but I mean of course your going to be a good ball player if your basically the only reason for your team even having a shot during tourney time. JCHS won on Thursday against PHS because M. Conley unstoppable scoring. JC boys fed off this and just kept adding on. It seems to me that only 1 player on the team of JC really makes a difference each game.
Batpuff Wrote:Kills me that everyone thinks that the 15 region stops at Paintsville and doesnt come on dow the road to SC or LC. LC may not have the stand out player that puts up 30 a night but they do have a kid Named Tyler Brewer who is one if the best Defensive players in the region.

I thought Thompson shoulda got it last year, I even picked him to win it. All Brad Lowe did was score points (and not many more than Thompson did), Thompson did it all. The sad thing about this award is it's always given to the senior who averages the most points, it's ridiculous.
If you think that's all Case does for Belfry you obviously haven't seen him them play...Brad Lowe was the best player last year..he did more than score for his team....and...the coaches vote for the Player of the Year...you think they vote for someone who just scores??
Hoops Lover Wrote:If you think that's all Case does for Belfry you obviously haven't seen him them play...Brad Lowe was the best player last year..he did more than score for his team....and...the coaches vote for the Player of the Year...you think they vote for someone who just scores??

Did I say that's all Case does, NO... I said this award always goes to who scores the most points, and if you go back and look at who has won it the last 5 years then you will see that. Get all of Brad Lowes stats from last year and compare them to Shawn Thompson's, you will see that Thompson was the better all-around player, Lowe just averaged about 5 points more than him.

My vote goes to Case because I think he the better all-around player, I NEVER ONCE said all he does is score.
Thompson was a nice player..watched him both games vs. Belfry...but I have to disagree...Brad Lowe IMO was the best player...also..it's hard to compare the two...they played different positions..
Hoops Lover Wrote:Thompson was a nice player..watched him both games vs. Belfry...but I have to disagree...Brad Lowe IMO was the best player...also..it's hard to compare the two...they played different positions..

I didn't say compare the players, I said compare the stats. I watched Lowe get shut down against Paintsville last year, Thompson ate Paintsville alive both times they played.
Along those lines I saw Thompson get only 11-13 points vs. Belfry at Belfry in a 13-15 point loss....
I think that McCarty is a great player. Keep it up. Keep playing with heart.
McCarty play hard? tha is just about the funniest thing i have read
Jamie Case should get it, like gamestopper11 said, he is not only a scorer, but leads the team in assists and deflections. That means not only is he an offensive threat, but a defensive one as well. He's definately the player of the year, in my opinion.
In my opinion, Jamie Case is the best player in the 15th region. There's not a doubt in my mind.
Jamie McCarty
gamestopper11 Wrote:McCarty play hard? tha is just about the funniest thing i have read

:thatsfunn
Anti-Jamie McCarty
Lets see you take him.
Mccarty
Big_Ben#7 Wrote::thatsfunn
Anti-Jamie McCarty
Lets see you take him.

Well I'd there are alot people on here who could take him cause he don't play defense.
well lol i dont even know who to pick they all have their nights but after the belfry JC game i would say Jamie Case with McCarty 2nd and Van F. 3rd
van had a good game tonight.... 22 vs p-burg
eric arnett had 29 with a dunk
Devin Rice gets my vote!