Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Overtime on WYMT
I see comments on here all the time saying it's all about the kids and I agree with that. Not about my kids or your kids, but all the kids. WYMT gave reports from the whole area on scores, and highlights for all the teams,well almost all the teams. How does PCC's girls feel this morning about not being important enough to show highlights or at least a report about their winning the JP Deaton tourney. Not even the score on a roll at the bottom of the screen. I guess they just ran outta time. They needed to get the important stuff in I guess like that hair flip.
Where was the tourney held? Wouldn't the scores and outcomes need to be reported to them?
Big Hammer Wrote:I see comments on here all the time saying it's all about the kids and I agree with that. Not about my kids or your kids, but all the kids. WYMT gave reports from the whole area on scores, and highlights for all the teams,well almost all the teams. How does PCC's girls feel this morning about not being important enough to show highlights or at least a report about their winning the JP Deaton tourney. Not even the score on a roll at the bottom of the screen. I guess they just ran outta time. They needed to get the important stuff in I guess like that hair flip.
I like the way wymt reported the game an highlights for Holmes vs knott county! They showed several highlights of kcc making plays an at the end , oh by the way knott lost to Holmes for championship! Why didn't they show some highlights of the winning team! They did win the whole thing!!,
FrozenColonel Wrote:Where was the tourney held? Wouldn't the scores and outcomes need to be reported to them?

The tournament was at Breathitt Coliseum 30 mile from the station. No excuse for reporting from all corners of the coverage area and not even giving the score on the championship game from Jackson
I have watched Randy Napier's teams for about 20 years and he never gets the coverage his teams deserve. Must be some bad blood there.. But there is one thing about it, they have to cover them in the wymt or it will look really bad.
What hair flip? I didn't see it.
Big Hammer Wrote:The tournament was at Breathitt Coliseum 30 mile from the station. No excuse for reporting from all corners of the coverage area and not even giving the score on the championship game from Jackson

If it was that close I am very surprised they did not get the coverage then. Has someone in the Perry School system upset someone high up at the station???
I don't really know. It could of been just a mistake. But if it was a deliberate snub it was pretty dirty
Big Hammer Wrote:I see comments on here all the time saying it's all about the kids and I agree with that. Not about my kids or your kids, but all the kids. WYMT gave reports from the whole area on scores, and highlights for all the teams,well almost all the teams. How does PCC's girls feel this morning about not being important enough to show highlights or at least a report about their winning the JP Deaton tourney. Not even the score on a roll at the bottom of the screen. I guess they just ran outta time. They needed to get the important stuff in I guess like that hair flip.
It seemed like he did say that,Randy Napier did will his 850th win , but didn't say who they beat.
Yes he did right at the end of the show. Maybe it's not Randy maybe it's the county system,but I've never heard anything about it