Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 80 Jackson City 79
Cordia played Jackson City at "the Jungle" . The final score was Cordia 80 JC 79. Cordia had two varsity players quit ...Josh Taylor and Tyler Noble...JV scores Cordia 48 JC 42
Congrats Cordia...Crazy season for the lions players quitting and coming back and quiting again and a lot players missing prac. but Good luck on the rest of the season
Congrats Cordia.
Congrats Cordia!
Much Needed Win!
Sounded like a great game. Congrats Cordia
Congrats Cordia!
congrats to Cordia
congrats cordia,,with tayler and noble out this leaves the lions wounded
congrats cordia...the Lions needed this for some confidence. A lot of post on here about Honeycutt's coaching style but it sounds like this problem could be summed up in the attitudes of the players. A coach of mine once said that if something good happens the players get the praise and if a team loses the blame always goes on the coach. From my experience Honeycutt is a great coach, i wish more people would give him credit. Hopefully the Lions can get it back together, look out if they do.
zonebuster23 Wrote:congrats cordia...the Lions needed this for some confidence. A lot of post on here about Honeycutt's coaching style but it sounds like this problem could be summed up in the attitudes of the players. A coach of mine once said that if something good happens the players get the praise and if a team loses the blame always goes on the coach. From my experience Honeycutt is a great coach, i wish more people would give him credit. Hopefully the Lions can get it back together, look out if they do.
Honeycutt is a good coach....he was way too easy on the kids for missing practice and when he got tired of the excuses and became strict on missing practice....kids started complaining and quit and have threaten to quit or complain....I think he should have been strict from day one and maybe next season he will start out being that way .....I agree with him on the fact that the players need to be on time and at practices unless they are sick or something that is relavent for missing....Cordia has a pretty descent ball team....granted they may not be state contenders, they definately are contenders in the mountains......it just seems like every game they have a differnt team playing because one quits, or one is sick or one is injured....im NOT making any excuses for the team but I know they can be a good ball club when they play together like they do in practices.....
Congrats Cordia, much needed win.
zonebuster23 Wrote:congrats cordia...the Lions needed this for some confidence. A lot of post on here about Honeycutt's coaching style but it sounds like this problem could be summed up in the attitudes of the players. A coach of mine once said that if something good happens the players get the praise and if a team loses the blame always goes on the coach. From my experience Honeycutt is a great coach, i wish more people would give him credit. Hopefully the Lions can get it back together, look out if they do.
As a friend of Jeff Honeycutt and a former player @ Cordia I appreciate this on behalf of Jeff. I can honestly tell you alot of these kids could not have played for Coach Dook Combs. Maybe he was too strict, but he was our coach and if we wanted to play we had to obey the rules and if these kids want to play @ Cordia that need to respect Honeycutt and obey his rules.Oh a couple good wins and Jeff is back to being a good coach again.