Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 2017
Warriors will be so down this year. Going to take a lot to get a good run, and our 8th grade isn't very promising. What they got to do to fill spots?
1) Play red rover red rover and dare our deserted players back over from pc and Somerset

2) get the athletes out of the halls and onto the field,
Willie Turnover Wrote:1) Play red rover red rover and dare our deserted players back over from pc and Somerset

2) get the athletes out of the halls and onto the field,
I couldn't agree more. To many lost, but it takes our coaches and there parents to step up. We have to much talent just laying around that is for sure.
Which kids are they missing in the hallways?
2016 was there Best chance to get Over the hump!!! It will be Hard year at the reservation.
My son will be a Freshman so I am excited in that regard. The 8th grade class has a few athletes and do not forget the middle school coach made the situation worse and many kids refused to play for him. Our best defensive guy went to Meece after spring practice and I believe has already re-enrolled at Southern Middle.

As far as the varsity is concerned it comes down to finding 3-4 offensive/defensive lineman. They return two on the d/line and two on the o/line gonna have to have guys go both ways and develop some depth. They will not lack at the skilled positions as they return everyone but the QB, one RB, and one WR. Still return Patric Edwards JP Vaught and looking at stats on KHSAA they accounted for roughly 2,300+ offensive yards Patric had 20 tds and JP had 14. If I'm not mistaken they had a young guy play QB during the summer 7 on 7 for some reason not sure if anybody knows his name or how he did? Return plenty of athletes just gotta find the lineman to plug in. Should still be a frontrunner in the district. Region will be a toss up this year. North Laurel, Harlan, and Whitley should field solid teams. Pulaski returns a lot but they lose a lot. Should be a good year.
3 or 4 linemen is not easy to find.
E's Army Wrote:3 or 4 linemen is not easy to find.

They are not but when you have a few athletes it doesn't always matter. Get them guys in space. I highly doubt SW runs much of the wishbone or I formation. They will look a lot like they did early in the year and will spread it out.
Anybody have a clue on what the schedule looks like. Short of South Laurel, Pulaski, and Lincoln in some order I haven't heard much on the non district schedule.