Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 60 Bath Co. 55 2OT
Nail Bitter in Pond Creek tonight. The Pirates improve to 2-0 on the year with the win. I believe former 15th region coach, Bart Williams, thought he would schedule the Pirates right after football season, drive 6 hours round trip, and leave with an easy win. The Pirates had something to say and pulled out the double overtime win despite only having a few practices together as a team. Congrats on the 2-0 start.
I do not believe he did the scheduling as may have been done before he got the job.......Bath also played last night and had to go to Belfry today.... Why beat on Bart, he supported the Pirate football team.... Bath also had 7 Seniors last year and won 7 games..... Need to be a little more humble like your football coach.....I have been a Belfry supporter for a long time.... And as always I wish the Pirates the best....
Congrats to the Pirates!
Game was only 1 OT. The scheduling of this game took place AFTER Williams was named head coach.
Game was only 1 OT. Pirates off to a great start so far this year.

This game was scheduled AFTER Williams was named head coach at Bath Co.
Game was only 1 OT. Also, the game was scheduled AFTER Williams was named head coach at Bath.
I doubt if Bart would have chosen a 3-hour drive just to play a football school. Pretty sure both coaches who are close friends scheduled this game looking for a competitive test early in the season. I admire both coaches for it as Belfry will probably return the favor next season. It must have been a great game. I'm sure Bart was disappointed with a double OT loss but they said the Bath crowd doubled the Belfry crowd, which is very sad if you are a Pirate. Sounds like the entire town of Pikeville was there including the Panthers basketball team. Must have been a fun early season game to watch. Good luck to both of these teams.
Did not mean to post that many times, it did not show up, bad internet connection on my part and I posted 3 different times. Sorry about that.
poppypi2015 Wrote:Nail Bitter in Pond Creek tonight. The Pirates improve to 2-0 on the year with the win. I believe former 15th region coach, Bart Williams, thought he would schedule the Pirates right after football season, drive 6 hours round trip, and leave with an easy win. The Pirates had something to say and pulled out the double overtime win despite only having a few practices together as a team. Congrats on the 2-0 start.
Did the same thing to Hazard.....scheduled while they were still playing football! Lol
The coaches are great friends and have a ton of mutual respect for one another. Also, it is clear that Bart has many who respect him from the Pikeville area because there were many people there to support him.
Belfry's crowd was low due to the fact the Varsity cheer team was competing at state in Lexington.
My initial list was suppose to be like a news clip. Didn't mean for Bart's posse to get fired up over it.
KingGotNext: I am sure Bart is respected as a "person" by most, but a lot of the teens are really good friends with Bryce, Bart's son. They went to watch him play and support him as well.
IMO, I still say Lawrence and PCC make it out of district and Pirates don't make it out.
Sorry I made such a mistake..... Just found it odd that a new Coach would schedule his games after school is out... I did check and Coach Thompson ask Bart wherever he ended up to call and they would play... And yes they are good friends... Sorry again for not having all facts together. I might have made a good politician....
We just can't beat anyone any good. Our schedule is very weak this year and we are still hovering around .500. The people we are beating are losing all the majority of their other games. Coach is doing a good job of promoting himself though.