Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to South Floyd Football
Although basketball season is still left your last football season as South Floyd has ended. I'm sorry this wasn't your best season, but thanks for all the years you've played and good luck in the new Floyd Central high school next year. As a poster in another thread said, you will be missed.

:Thumbs:
Hate to see the little schools close but time marches on
How is the attitude in the community about consolidation?Do you guys think you will put a more competitive football team on the field next fall??
A ? to South Floyd fans....In your opinion...

Who is the best Coach in your schools history?

What was your best team in school history?

What was your biggest victory in school history?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How is the attitude in the community about consolidation?Do you guys think you will put a more competitive football team on the field next fall??

I don't live in the area affected by this consolidation so I can't answer the question about the attitude. As far as a more competitive football team, even though South Floyd had a rough year, Allen Central had a great year this year but as in all consolidations the schools that come together have to bond before things are going to work as well as they can. I hope for Allen Central and South Floyd that this will happen quickly and that they can be a force in all sports. It will be interesting to watch.
It could be interesting. All of the experience that the players of the teams have attained combined into one team can make for a tough team. Thinking Harlan County after consolidation and how tough they were there for several years and of course Mercer County after consolidating with Harrodsburg brought them a state title. Gotta get the kids to buy in as well as parents.
papagrit Wrote:It could be interesting. All of the experience that the players of the teams have attained combined into one team can make for a tough team. Thinking Harlan County after consolidation and how tough they were there for several years and of course Mercer County after consolidating with Harrodsburg brought them a state title. Gotta get the kids to buy in as well as parents.

If I remember correctly, Mercer County didn't have to play in their new higher class the first year (when they won the state title). Floyd Central is going to be rewarded by being in Belfry's class and district their very first year. In other words, play like a big dog or hide under the porch.
South Floyd has several kids who will make a difference at Floyd Central next year. They didn't have enough of those kids to win this year but adding them to AC they will be able to shine.
Can't wait to see all those kids come together to make sum great teams in the future
No one seems to want to deal with the truth in this, so here I go:

There's NO comparison between Floyd Central and what Harlan County and Mercer County did.

First of all, Floyd is putting two together two small schools who have been bad in football for 20 years. Allen Central had its best year and just lost by 45 points in the first round of the playoffs.

Cumberland played in 3 state championship games before closing. Cawood and Evarts had several very good teams and each won a regional championship. Neither South Floyd or Allen Central had ever won more than one playoff game in a season, unless I forgot something.

If the Floyd consolidation was bringing in all four Floyd schools you may be talking about something, but putting together two schools that are only going to have 700 or so kids probably isn't going to turn anything around.
HCS Wrote:No one seems to want to deal with the truth in this, so here I go:

There's NO comparison between Floyd Central and what Harlan County and Mercer County did.

First of all, Floyd is putting two together two small schools who have been bad in football for 20 years. Allen Central had its best year and just lost by 45 points in the first round of the playoffs.

Cumberland played in 3 state championship games before closing. Cawood and Evarts had several very good teams and each won a regional championship. Neither South Floyd or Allen Central had ever won more than one playoff game in a season, unless I forgot something.

If the Floyd consolidation was bringing in all four Floyd schools you may be talking about something, but putting together two schools that are only going to have 700 or so kids probably isn't going to turn anything around.
this wasn't allen centrals best year their best was in 2009 they went 10 and 2