Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman @ Elizabethtown 11/11
mysonis55 Wrote:Trueblue, you are missing the boat. You are bashing me for talking about PT. You can check with all the long time posters on here. I have taken it on the chin far more times than any PT fan, due to picking PT to rise again. So, please before you start to alienate someone, learn which ones are for or against your program.

I do realize that you have spoken up for us often, but I also realize your ( and others) displeasure with the whole Rogers/Wyatt situation. After that I could also tell your displeasure with Treece leaving. It is fine if you don't like that, I get it, but since then you seem to put the whole team in a unfavorable light.
Maybe you don't mean it that way, but the way you type sure puts a negative portrayal on the whole program. And also one other whom likes to post that we are "terrible". I have no doubt that if I said the same about Mayfield you would take offense as well.
We all have opinions, which we know what they say about those, but no one on here or any other message board earns a dime for those opinions. We support our programs thru thick and thin and I always will. And all I am asking is that you choose your words on what you think our problems are in a more specific way if you see something. I despise internet tough guys and would be glad to share thoughts with you any time in person about football because I truly love and respect the game beyond my own team.
I wish Mayfield nothing but the best, and have supported them many times. Regardless of where we appear to be to you currently, I truly believe Barber is leading us in the right direction, and in time I believe you will see that as well.
So I am going to leave this argument because we both have better things to do than argue in an endless circle.
Going with PT for some reason mysonis55 playing a mind game with PT posters
:Confusedinglepar

PT 49
E'town 35
I really don't think the Treece thing is that big a deal. My point is just that they didn't start winning because he left. They started winning because they were playing teams they should beat.
Despite what some have said on here, PT isn't terrible.. They aren't a perfect football team, but, they have some strengths and can enforce those, at times. When they played Mayfield, they got down early, but, in the 2nd half, outplayed them and showed some promise. A couple of nice receivers with good size, a couple of hard running backs and a QB capable of throwing it pretty well. The main issue with them, this year is a small line and not a lot of depth. If they've shored up the line play, they could be a pretty dangerous team.
Etown's best running back, Derek Smith, who sat out the past two games with a concussion, will reportedly play tonight.
Barber seems like a good guy, and PT has some dangerous athletes and a few really good lineman. I do think they will struggle against a E town's D. Good luck!

What # is Derek Smith? #14?
I should know better than to pick PT. They may be the most inconsistent team in the state. No rhyme nor reason to how they play from week to week. Great athletes but are able to stink the place up on any given Friday. Able to win or lose against anybody. I hope they have turned the corner.
Smith is wearing #36 in the videos he has posted on Hudl
If 36 plays PT is in bad trouble. Kid looks impressive.
Too bad Alec Gold didn't get to play. Great game plan for the all star. Empty every play and #23 standing on the sideline. TrueBlue you can't be happy with this?
Alec had his opportunities early but the game plan changed quickly due to PTs inability to control the line of scrimmage.
Etown won the battle up front and everything else faltered from there.
PT proves to be fool's gold
E's Army Wrote:PT proves to be fool's gold

No one from PT was on here claiming we were going to beat the world.
I guess my statements were pretty much on point.
mysonis55 Wrote:I guess my statements were pretty much on point.

Well I guess we will see you on ESPN soon for your spot on analysis!
Can you go ahead and pick next year's super bowl winner and I'll split the winnings with you!?!?😂
Tilghman did what Tilghman does - turn in another wildly inconsistent performance in which they are competitive one week and suffer a baffling capitulation the next.

If the school and boosters and alumni are content with the way the football program is going - and they not only accept, but embrace mediocrity - then this will have been a very fulfilling season.
Our #1 issue which was due to catch us is our lack of size up front.
We got away with it on teams with less talent, but Etown proved to be more than capable of covering that gap.
Ok, this years Super Bowl champs are the Dallas Cowboys. With an outside shot at New England, as much as I would hate for the Pats to win.

Now back on point. I keep hearing this lack of size line excuse. Not flying. Just about every year that Mayfield has been to state in the last 7 years, they have been undersized on the line almost every single game. I think Joe prefers the faster line. This year and 2010 being the only years that I can recall the Cards having the size to match up.
Tica Wrote:Lets relive the Perry Thomas "glory days" at Tilghman.

2007 = 9-5
2006 = 6-6
2005 = 7-5
2004 = 8-4
2003= 13-1
2002 = 10-3
2001 = 8-4
2000 = 9-3

That is 8.75 wins a year.
Wyatt averaged 8.16 wins a year in six years including going 2-8 with the bare cupboard that Thomas chose not to coach 2008.

With the exception of Wyatt's first year, the Thomas era is consistent with Wyatt's better years, and was generally consistent with the highly-touted Rogers and appears to be not far from this year under Barber. It is also a fact that there was no need for grief counseling on either side when Thomas left because of playoff falters and the stark outlook had Thomas returned in 2008. I'm not sure if Thomas has an overall winning record at Campbellsville, but he is regarded as a good NAIA coach and was seen as a good HS coach also.

I guess there's a lot of things that Tilghman does not do, like letting players quietly live with coaches to get eligibility. But more than most programs for its size, Tilghman has produced quality college and pro players including two currently playing professional ball and at least 4 playing at D-1 schools. For a time last year, Tilghman had three on the field for UK, the only school to accomplish that. So perhaps the continued sniping comes from people who
are jealous, or were never able to beat Wyatt when he was in high school, or maybe someone applied for a job and did not get hired. IDK. It's not a perfect program, unlike others in the area. We lose games, We have squabbles. And apparently, PT evokes a near obsessive fascination in fans of other programs who chose to follow us, causing critics to talk to themselves through alternate nicks. It's all good.

I agree with most of what you said Tica.
But in comparing the Wyatt era to Perrys time at PT you should also note in 78 games Wyatt lost 30. It took Perry 101 games to lose 31.
Also, as others pointed out the level of competition was much higher in Perry's day and this was even more true in the playoffs.
And don't mistake me for a Perry groupie, I still believe him not winning a championship in 2003 was inexcusable with a nationally ranked team which featured a 300 lb O line, the second best RB in the country and a future NFL qb. To lose in the semi final At home no less was the worst upset in my memory.
I don't agree either with your "bare cupboard" statement. Yes they went 2-8 the next season, but that was with most of the same players who won state the following year so there was still ample talent sitting around when Perry left.
All that being said like you I am optimistic for the future of the program and I think Coach Barber is making good improvments. I hope he can convince more men to come out next year. I think lack of numbers and depth is one of the biggest issues along with the excessive penalty problem we have been struggling with for years.
I fully expect Tilghman to be much improved over the next 2 seasons
mysonis55 Wrote:Ok, this years Super Bowl champs are the Dallas Cowboys. With an outside shot at New England, as much as I would hate for the Pats to win.

Now back on point. I keep hearing this lack of size line excuse. Not flying. Just about every year that Mayfield has been to state in the last 7 years, they have been undersized on the line almost every single game. I think Joe prefers the faster line. This year and 2010 being the only years that I can recall the Cards having the size to match up.

Well what on earth then is it you want me to say?????

You are like chasing a fart in the wind
you can't see where its going
you can't catch it
and if you do get in front of it you find its just crap-:please:
I simply think that PT would have been better served to have kept this staff completely new and to not have brought back a coach that I personally saw allow his team to become totally undisciplined. Football is nothing without discipline. If you don't have it, you won't be successful. I think there could have been a much better decision made there.
So you are saying then your problem revolves around your dislike of Wyatt.
Wyatt is NOT the head coach.
Coach Barber has been in place for 5 months, and I do not believe that is enough time to completely change a program.
Tilghman 24 Etown 21
:thatsfunn Game was played on the 11th