Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 42 Lincoln Co 35
Final score. South will be the 3 seed. Coach Burdine has done an outstanding job getting this team headed in the right direction.
Nice comeback for South

South will travel to North in the first round.
South lost to North earlier in the year but it was closer than the score.
Don't forget Lincoln beat the snot out of North and South just beat them.

Should be a good game.
South Laurel is a completely different team with Grubb at QB. Would not surprise me if SL beats NL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:South Laurel is a completely different team with Grubb at QB. Would not surprise me if SL beats NL.

What grade is Grubb?
^
Should be a senior
Congrats to Cards. Huge turn around this year
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nice comeback for South

South will travel to North in the first round.
South lost to North earlier in the year but it was closer than the score.
Don't forget Lincoln beat the snot out of North and South just beat them.

Should be a good game.

31-0 I can't get that close? 1st meeting
That Lincoln game was a fluke anyway you want to look at it. Only game they have won this year. North, was AWOL - had some people trying to figure out new positions and just could not get it together, that happens to teams sometimes. Remember NL has improved a lot since both of those games too!

:eyeroll:
Nice win. Going in right direction.
Congrats Cards
Tight End Wrote:31-0 I can't get that close? 1st meeting
That Lincoln game was a fluke anyway you want to look at it. Only game they have won this year. North, was AWOL - had some people trying to figure out new positions and just could not get it together, that happens to teams sometimes. Remember NL has improved a lot since both of those games too!

Well don't tell me.
Prove it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see south win at north
Tight End Wrote:31-0 I can't get that close? 1st meeting

North scored two tds that was "flukes". First being the kick off returned for a td. South has since learned to quit trying to kick deep, and are covering kick offs 100× better. The last was the td when Larkey was trying to run up the score with a onside kick with about 2:00 left, and most of Souths starters out. It's also not a "fluke" when you get beat down by 22 points. I don't care where their minds was, or what they was trying out.

North may very well win, and should be favored. But I guarantee you that they are very nervous about playing this South team in the first game of district with Grubb at qb. I definitely wouldn't bet any money on this game for either team.
LWC Wrote:What grade is Grubb?

Unfortunately, he is a Senior. :Sad04:

Would have been nice to see him again next season with a chance to run the offense for the entire season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Grubb may be the best two-sport guy at South since Neil Warren. I think he should have been playing qb for them since he was a freshman. South could absolutely win this game, you have to give them credit on how much they have improved. But for Gods sake get over the "running up the score" crap. It was 24-0 at the time, that's a three-score game, no coach is taking his foot off the gas at that point. Larkey is man enough to say in print what everyone thinks, and that is North-South is not just another game for the kids involved. It's that way in every sport in the county, but almost every other coach is afraid to say it, "Oh it's just another game on the schedule". No it's not, Larkey owns it, and when his side is winning it rubs some folks the wrong way.
Van Hagar Wrote:Grubb may be the best two-sport guy at South since Neil Warren. I think he should have been playing qb for them since he was a freshman. South could absolutely win this game, you have to give them credit on how much they have improved. But for Gods sake get over the "running up the score" crap. It was 24-0 at the time, that's a three-score game, no coach is taking his foot off the gas at that point. Larkey is man enough to say in print what everyone thinks, and that is North-South is not just another game for the kids involved. It's that way in every sport in the county, but almost every other coach is afraid to say it, "Oh it's just another game on the schedule". No it's not, Larkey owns it, and when his side is winning it rubs some folks the wrong way.

24-0 with 2:00 to go and you onside kick, isn't trying to run it up and embarrass kids you live in the county with? Just for your information, it's just some idiot parents that feel the way Larkey does about it being a big game. The kids obviously want to beat each other, but they don't put near the stock in it as a lot of parents.Nor should they. Most of these kids are friends before the game, and will be afterwards. I have a feeling that Larkey would have a different opinion on this stuff if Wayne County had beaten them 100-0 like they could've.
I just feel that he thinks he has a ax to grind with South because of his dad, but I think he forgets that it was Laurel county back then. Some of the remarks he's made on the radio about South is uncalled for. I'm sure North people would feel the same way if Souths basketball coach run his mouth about North kids after beating them.
Sure seems like you're the one carrying the axe there big guy. And if Chris has hard feelings toward that school, then I guess he is human. From the outside at least, it sure seemed like his dad got a raw deal. And it may not have been South back then, but guess what? All the banners, all the jerseys, all the history, stayed with the school, none to the new school. And while that may be fine, I know no one over the age of 30 or so that doesn't equate "South" and "Laurel Co." as the same school. And again, if you think it's running up the score in a game that's still TWO TOUCHDOWNS shy of a running clock, again it just looks like you have a kid playing and you got your feelings hurt. South will get their chance at payback in two weeks.
Van Hagar Wrote:Sure seems like you're the one carrying the axe there big guy. And if Chris has hard feelings toward that school, then I guess he is human. From the outside at least, it sure seemed like his dad got a raw deal. And it may not have been South back then, but guess what? All the banners, all the jerseys, all the history, stayed with the school, none to the new school. And while that may be fine, I know no one over the age of 30 or so that doesn't equate "South" and "Laurel Co." as the same school. And again, if you think it's running up the score in a game that's still TWO TOUCHDOWNS shy of a running clock, again it just looks like you have a kid playing and you got your feelings hurt. South will get their chance at payback in two weeks.

No axe to grind here. It's just that, if you're going to have that kind of attitude publicly, then be prepared to be called out on it and not get butt hurt. Also, did you or anyone with half a brain really think South was scoring 25 in the last 2:00 with their jv in the game? You can defend it all you want, but it is what it is.

Lastly, and the final thing I'll say about it. I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're not old enough to know why his dad was let go back in the day. Not saying I would've went as far as letting him go, but it was 100% self inflicted. I still say it's the worst thing Laurel county did by letting him go. Kind of like UK letting Bear Bryant go back in the day.
Actually I'm plenty old enough to know, believe me. But wasn't here at the time. And we will just agree to disagree on the run up the score deal, neither one of us is ever gonna think the other is right. So let's just leave it at that.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:No axe to grind here. It's just that, if you're going to have that kind of attitude publicly, then be prepared to be called out on it and not get butt hurt. Also, did you or anyone with half a brain really think South was scoring 25 in the last 2:00 with their jv in the game? You can defend it all you want, but it is what it is.

Lastly, and the final thing I'll say about it. I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're not old enough to know why his dad was let go back in the day. Not saying I would've went as far as letting him go, but it was 100% self inflicted. I still say it's the worst thing Laurel county did by letting him go. Kind of like UK letting Bear Bryant go back in the day.

*****When there is 2:00 to go and you pull off an onside kick, no one is trying to RUN up the score first thing! 2nd thing: this is a football forum why bring up OLD stuff that makes no difference in talking about a football game! Pretty *weenie* IMO! :ChairHit:
Tight End Wrote:*****When there is 2:00 to go and you pull off an onside kick, no one is trying to RUN up the score first thing! 2nd thing: this is a football forum why bring up OLD stuff that makes no difference in talking about a football game! Pretty *weenie* IMO! :ChairHit:

Maybe you should take one out of Vanhagar's playbook and quit trying to convince me that a onside kick with 2:00 left in a game that you're up 24 in, isn't running up the clock. Especially when the other team had its bench in, and had about 60yds total for the game with the starters in. Or, here's a million dollar question that you can answer that may convince me. If it wasn't running up the score, why didn't they just take a knee and run out the clock when they recovered it? I'll wait for that answer.
The fact that the North coach has said on numerous occasions, that he would beat South by 100 if he could, kind of speaks for itself. Listen, if you beat a team 100-0 I honestly don't have a problem with it. It's the others team job to stop you, not pity you. But when it reflects poorly on you, you better be ready to own that too. Now see, I said I wasn't commenting on this anymore, and I let you bait me in. Last one, I promise. (Unless you answer the taking a knee question. But it better be worth arguing.) Lol.
Lot of love in London.