Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class 1A Rankings 9/5
ADI had Paintsvlle 2/3 passing but that doesn't matter . My point was if you only throw the ball 3 or u say 6 times the other team will be loading up the box stopping it . Pikeville knew Paintsville was gonna run the ball and couldn't do anything about it . And just be honest I picked pikeville to win the game and while watching it I never felt once they were going to win . And you trying to take a shot a Raceland about flood gates opening yes that's happened to all teams along with pikeville imo that's not what happened last Friday they were just out played. Lastly about me saying Charles is the only player ok maybe I wasn't clear he's the only player that stood out he never quit he was head hunting on defense and running like a bull on offense . Your o line got beat , your receivers dropped way to many balls , the QB was yelling at the receivers and line on the field . Now I watched the paintville / pikeville playoff game last year pikeville played great dominated paintville. Paintsville lost most of their line kash , Trimble that's a lot . After seeing them play this year it's obvious that pikeville lost a lot too and is having trouble replacing the ones they lost . The reason I went to see this game last Friday was one to see a good game and two to see how Raceland matches up with both teams and to be honest I feel Raceland is ahead of both team right now but it's early and things could change
anotherfootballnut Wrote:ADI had Paintsvlle 2/3 passing but that doesn't matter . My point was if you only throw the ball 3 or u say 6 times the other team will be loading up the box stopping it . Pikeville knew Paintsville was gonna run the ball and couldn't do anything about it . And just be honest I picked pikeville to win the game and while watching it I never felt once they were going to win . And you trying to take a shot a Raceland about flood gates opening yes that's happened to all teams along with pikeville imo that's not what happened last Friday they were just out played. Lastly about me saying Charles is the only player ok maybe I wasn't clear he's the only player that stood out he never quit he was head hunting on defense and running like a bull on offense . Your o line got beat , your receivers dropped way to many balls , the QB was yelling at the receivers and line on the field . Now I watched the paintville / pikeville playoff game last year pikeville played great dominated paintville. Paintsville lost most of their line kash , Trimble that's a lot . After seeing them play this year it's obvious that pikeville lost a lot too and is having trouble replacing the ones they lost . The reason I went to see this game last Friday was one to see a good game and two to see how Raceland matches up with both teams and to be honest I feel Raceland is ahead of both team right now but it's early and things could change
Pikeville did not load the box because they knew Paintsville likes to slip people out and respected their speed at WR. tyler Collins © was in his first game back at C after missing due to an injury the previous week. And there were plenty of players still playing hard even when down. QB yelled ONCE that I saw and that was over an easily catchable pass that was dropped. Again, losing Rhodes and Ray after halftime took away several options. Raceland MAY be ahead of both teams right now. Who knows. But it's how you finish the season that counts. Mac has always done a good job getting them better each week, which is why I think we will be just fine.

As for taking a shot at Raceland, well.... Let's just say that, like you, I simply had an opinion. I never said we didn't get outplayed, I said things happened and the floodgates opened. As a matter of fact, I'm positive I even said Paintsville was the better team Friday night.
Not just Friday night .. Paintsville is just better. And if your telling Pikevelle didn't load the box and Paintsville only threw the ball 3 or 6 times and 22 times all year ( that's according to you ) then that's just dumb coaching there are reasons teams don't throw one they can't or two they don't have to. Last Friday night Paintsvlle didn't have to
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Not just Friday night .. Paintsville is just better. And if your telling Pikevelle didn't load the box and Paintsville only threw the ball 3 or 6 times and 22 times all year ( that's according to you ) then that's just dumb coaching there are reasons teams don't throw one they can't or two they don't have to. Last Friday night Paintsvlle didn't have to
That's according to Paintsvilles own stats on KHSAA. But you're a smart guy, you can find them and verify them. Paintsville throws just enough to where they can be dangerous with it. Your seeming lack of understanding of this is kind of unsurprising. We aren't talking Belfry here, but Paintsville is a team with some good talent. And if you don't respect their ability to hit a pass over the top on you, they will also do that over and over. Personally, when Paintsville and Raceland play later (and yes I've seen some film already on Raceland), I'm picking Paintsville by about eleventy billion (hat tip to yalls most famous and irritating fan). Lol
:popcorn:
Awesome the Tigers are back at number 1 :1:
Wow this thread is picking up..... All I can say is the east is wide open and we can leave it at that. All teams bring a different aspect to the table and several teams match up differently.. Raceland will get a good test Friday as defensively Green up is pretty solid but there offense is lacking.

Pikeville gets its first road game of the season but I see them winning handily.
Hazard is on the road again for the 3rd time in month and face a Somerset team who lost the week before and who will be ready to play Friday night.. I can't wait to watch this one.

Paintsville gets ridgeview but it will be a blow out win..

Only thing I can say is I'm glad it's football season.
PHSForever Wrote:That's according to Paintsvilles own stats on KHSAA. But you're a smart guy, you can find them and verify them. Paintsville throws just enough to where they can be dangerous with it. Your seeming lack of understanding of this is kind of unsurprising. We aren't talking Belfry here, but Paintsville is a team with some good talent. And if you don't respect their ability to hit a pass over the top on you, they will also do that over and over. Personally, when Paintsville and Raceland play later (and yes I've seen some film already on Raceland), I'm picking Paintsville by about eleventy billion (hat tip to yalls most famous and irritating fan). Lol

Lol
Pikeville will get better as the season progresses. When you have backups in certain positions due to some starters being out due to injuries, then it takes time for the offense and defense to click. I did like what I saw in the 4th qtr., when this team got on fire and put some points on the board, even though it was too little too late, they never gave up, even when three of their best went out with injuries, and never played 2nd half, they still put points on the board. Again, this team will improve, and make plenty of noise when it counts
ALL teams will get better as the season goes along , teams don't peak week one , lots of teams have injures or kids playing varsity for the first time . Example 4 out of the 5 offensive lineman for Raceland are playing varsity for the time this year they are getting better each week and will continue to get better . There's not some magic potion in pike co ky that allows teams and players to get better and not anywhere else
The only thing we know for sure right now is the defending champs got beat by one of 4 contenders for the east side of the bracket. Teams still got to prove things later on as this is season 1 and season 2 begins November 4th.
I still think a Tiger from the west side wins this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still think a Tiger from the west side wins this year.

The east shall rise again.......
I was at this game. From what I see so far is a lot of excuses from the pikeville side. Fact of the matter is the Tigers dominated this game in every way minus a few special teams plays. Phelps had a 70 yard td run called back. Qb fumbles in the end zone. Panthers had several turnovers that were given back to them by the refs. Then there were the 2 onside kicks, which honestly the first one should have went to the Tigers.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Paintsvillle
2 Russellville
3 Beechwood
4 Pikeville
5 Hazard
6 Raceland
7 Nicholas
8 Fairview
9 Harlan
10 Holy Cross

What's your thoughts?

1.Beechwood
2. Russellville
3. Paintsville
4. Raceland
5. Nicholas

In order to be the man, you must beat the man. Paintsville has not beat the man.
Mountian Man Wrote:I was at this game. From what I see so far is a lot of excuses from the pikeville side. Fact of the matter is the Tigers dominated this game in every way minus a few special teams plays. Phelps had a 70 yard td run called back. Qb fumbles in the end zone. Panthers had several turnovers that were given back to them by the refs. Then there were the 2 onside kicks, which honestly the first one should have went to the Tigers.
Lol
Coach Chuck Wrote:1.Beechwood
2. Russellville
3. Paintsville
4. Raceland
5. Nicholas

In order to be the man, you must beat the man. Paintsville has not beat the man.
Lol.
People can't stand paintsville being a high caliber team, it seems. It's like because they weren't very competitive for years, some are in denial that they are probably the best in single A right now. They certainly played last weeks #1 ranked team like they should take the slot
swampdonkey Wrote:People can't stand paintsville being a high caliber team, it seems. It's like because they weren't very competitive for years, some are in denial that they are probably the best in single A right now. They certainly played last weeks #1 ranked team like they should take the slot

IDK if they are the best team In 1A but they are definitely a contender. Several good 1a teams in the mountains this year. IMO it will come down to the Tigers and Rams
After last night...

1.Paintsville (Win over Pikeville is the only statement win in single A so far.)
2.Russellville (Hard to judge based on teams they have played so far.)
3.Raceland (Same as Russellville, Ashland is down big time this year.)
4.Pikeville (Seem to have best up side but long ways to go.)
5.Beechwood (Only measuring stick is against Somerset, who played Hazard roughly the same by score.)
6.Hazard (Using Fairview as measuring stick.)
7.Fairview (Maybe giving credit to the name.)
8.Nicholas County (Really cannot judge anything by teams they have played.)
9.Williamsburg (Might be better than Harlan, who knows.)
10.Frankfort (Only lost to Williamsburg by one.)
Coach Chuck Wrote:1.Beechwood
2. Russellville
3. Paintsville
4. Raceland
5. Nicholas

I am by no means a Paintsville fan but this is laughable. Paintsville convincingly beat the defending Class A state champions last week. Imo that is the very definition of beating the man.
Raceland will get a bump in the ranking this week from 64SUR. Confusednicker:
Pikeville did lose a lot -
Pugh - one of the best RB Pikeville has ever had opened up the passing game with his run threat.
Jarrell - Speedy sure handed deep threat - that opened up the running game with his deep ball threat - speed and play making ability- and an overlook thing HIS BLOCKING

Vanderbeck - Kid was everywhere - done a little bit everything. I would see him stay after practice and run sprints. SOLID SOLID missed player on both sides of the ball

C. Charles - INTENSE - Team really fed off his intensity - Both sides of the ball player - BIG HITS Big plays. had the biggest game of life when i counted at state.

Roop, Coleman, I. Lucas - B. Goble - D. Meade and anyone else I forgot.

That's a tough group to replace .... But on a good note : Pikeville has a heck of a Freshman Class that are going to be something else couple years -

still got our QB - Rhodes - heck of a runner .
Blake Charles - Beast - I think hes pound for pound one of the toughest hard nosed football players in the state
Clay Slone, Mikey McDonald - Cody Dials who made some great plays on D on last years team. - Gunner .. and so on ... They got some players and come playoff time I think will be in contention to make a run for state.

Dawhare #9 looks like a heck of player too - and some of the other kids I don't know their names -

Don't doubt my Panthers #hailpikeville
Slic Ric Wrote:Yes... they were 1-0 before we played them. They beat West Union, OH 33-0, who (no disrespect) must not be very good.
West Union beat North Adams 55-0 I think.

I heard that the East Carter v North Adams game was called in the third quarter because 3 WU players had been Ambulanced off the field and they didn't want to risk more injuries.