Poll: Who wins this battle of 3A vs. 2A?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
96.67%
Newport Central Catholic
3.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Newport Central Catholic 9-9-16
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Newport Stadium at Newport HS. Bellevue plays at Gilligan Stadium whichliterally is just on the opposite side of 471 which you see in the google map image below

Belfry fans can reminisce about the frigid 1985 Semi-Final that Belfry won there

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0994016,...a=!3m1!1e3

I remember that game I was a freshman and it was a very cold game
Looking at the aerial view, there's no parking there. Does anyone know where to park? Any NCC\NKY folks know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Looking at the aerial view, there's no parking there. Does anyone know where to park? Any NCC\NKY folks know?

Parking supposedly available at Newport HS and under the interstate
Under the interstate is close to field.
I think it is gonna be the game of the week on wymt.com
I think Belfry wins big! All of the Pirates opponents know they are gonna run the ball 12 out of 10 times! But stopping what you know is coming is an altogether different animal. With the O-line that is made up of MEN pretending to be high school boys. Until someone stops this beast, then I think Belfry wins State AGAIN! Central is obviously down this year after losing to Corbin. But honestly, thinking Belfry could hang with Trinity or Saint X ain't gonna happen!!!
NewCath in a upset win.
Pirates77 Wrote:I think Belfry wins big! All of the Pirates opponents know they are gonna run the ball 12 out of 10 times! But stopping what you know is coming is an altogether different animal. With the O-line that is made up of MEN pretending to be high school boys. Until someone stops this beast, then I think Belfry wins State AGAIN! Central is obviously down this year after losing to Corbin. But honestly, thinking Belfry could hang with Trinity or Saint X ain't gonna happen!!!

obviously down after losing to Corbin Confusednicker: ... Corbin beat Louisville Central. and no they couldn't hang with Trinity .
Running clock for Pirate fans.
BelfryPride Wrote:Looking at the aerial view, there's no parking there. Does anyone know where to park? Any NCC\NKY folks know?

I would park in Belfry and walk to Newport Confusednicker:
Belfry with a running clock in this one. I would love to see a game between Belfry and Trinity or any of the bigger power house schools. Belfry will more than hold their own in the trenches with any of them. Speed at the skill positions would probably favor the big northern schools but ol/dl Belfry is just as good if not better in my opinion.
I wish Mayfield could play in the 3a state championship so we could blow them out 😂😂😂
Does anyone know the score of the game?
Fundamentals grow some balls and sign the contract. We offered.
Final 41-8 Newport scored with 2:34 left in the game. Wished we would've had another minute to play so Belfrys freshman could've scored on Newport again.
I'm a Belfry fan Jack ass
We played good but we did have a little bit of a slow start good job boys