Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Size
Just curious. Which school has the largest roster and the smallest roster in each class.
Not sure about the other classes. I just know that DeSales is probably tops in 2A. We have a roster of 101 kids.
ColtPride Wrote:Not sure about the other classes. I just know that DeSales is probably tops in 2A. We have a roster of 101 kids.

That's probably the top 10% of teams in the state, regardless of class.

I'd say that number wouldn't be challenged until you got into 5A, at least.

Well, Mayfield. But, that's it.
SK has close to 100 varsity kids and 60 Freshman.
Raceland has 72 in 1A , I would say that's the most
3A:
Belfry, Caldwell County, and Corbin typically are near the top I would say. All are usually in that 70-80 range

Overall:
Trinity typically only dresses Soph, Jr, and Sr players and are around 99.
Bowling Green has 110 in 9-12 this year.
I think Prestonsburg is down to 27 according to max preps which is what a local article I read also said....Use to be 60+ easy, least that's what Im remembering.
I think Hazard (1A) has 45 boys and 1 girl on the roster. Not bad for a school with 300 students.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I think Hazard (1A) has 45 boys and 1 girl on the roster. Not bad for a school with 300 students.

Solid. :Thumbs:

Tradition. Facilities. Independent school (not too many kids having to drive 20+ minutes one way to school). Not exactly a farming community.

Usually four factors leading to such good turn out & the last two have a bigger impact on that than most will ever want to fully admit.
Paintsville dressed 47 last week and it's probably the largest roster they have had since the sixties.
Getting ready for Hometown TV24 game of the week Wayne County @ Perry Central, Wayne Co. has 82 on their roster.