Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg 8/19
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:As much as it pains me to say........ Pikeville names the score.

Sorry. I'm just a realist.
Welcome back to the board buddy. Been a while
Pikeville 42-7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pikeville 49 to 7
PHSForever Wrote:Heard Floppy was considering taking the over cuz the SOS is so strong in this one. Said it was a bigger SOS than Sheldon Clark. Lol

PHS I'm doing my all to provoke JP :Clap::1:
Doubt he's gonna be provoked as easily since he's studied the SOS of Pikeville and Paintsville. LOL!
PHSForever Wrote:Doubt he's gonna be provoked as easily since he's studied the SOS of Pikeville and Paintsville. LOL!

No one on this site is better than JP for SOS, hands down :1:
Panthers by 36
TigerBlues Wrote:No one on this site is better than JP for SOS, hands down :1:
You're much too modest. Your SOS prognostications were only wrong once last year. Lol :flame:Confusednicker:
I think this has the potential to be a better game than most people think. I understand that Pikeville is the defending 1A state champs, but what is life going to be like without Pugh? Pugh was the heart and soul of last years team. When you lose a player of his caliber, plus the leadership he brought on and off the field, you have to wonder, how will this team respond without him, being this early in the season?

With that being said, I think Pikeville wins by two touchdowns, but I just don't see a running clock game. Prestonsburg has enough athletes and overall speed to keep them in the game, but in the end, I think the physicality of Pikeville will wear the Blackcats down. I think Pikeville will improve each week and once again will be a favorite to bring home another championship. Good luck to both teams.
PHSForever Wrote:No. Apparently, as of last time I was informed, Pburg is still protesting his transfer. Seems like an actual physical move, the fact his mother apparently let them know all the way back in like April or so he would be moving due to her getting a job, and they still somehow think he was recruited or whatever.

Heard anything else? Is the kid going to get to play? Its not just him, all her kids go to school in Pike co last I heard. She did say the move was about a job best I remember.
Blacksmith Wrote:Heard anything else? Is the kid going to get to play? Its not just him, all her kids go to school in Pike co last I heard. She did say the move was about a job best I remember.
Been traveling all week but will see what I can find out. But as of now still not cleared. But it will likely be after this game I bet. Lol
That's a shame. Not that I wanted to see the kid go, lord knows Pburg could have used him but from everything Ive heard the transfer was legit. Should just let him play and be done with the pissing contest..
Pikeville names the score in this one.
Pikeville leads this one going into halftime 26-8.... Prestonburg will get the ball back after half
Any updates? Last I saw I think it was 14-14 early in the 2nd quarter.
Half time was 26-8 pikeville up
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Half time was 26-8 pikeville up

I thought I read 14-14 on that other site...that's what I get for going there for updates...atleast I looked here first for a update thread Smile
updates?
What the hell has happened to Pburg football? :pondering:
Per WYMT the final score was Pikeville 47 Prestonsburg 14.
PHSFAN Wrote:Per WYMT the final score was Pikeville 47 Prestonsburg 14.

True. Pburg's final score came against Pikeville's underclassmen on a running clock at games end.
UpYours Wrote:John is so jealous of Pikeville he had the "P" in the Prestonsburg logo on the KHSAA Riherds Scoreboard website changed from Red to Maroon.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...fb16/48973

Looks like Coach Mac allowed John to change the logo back to red. 10 to 1 odds John buys out the contract with Pikeville.
UpYours Wrote:Looks like Coach Mac allowed John to change the logo back to red. 10 to 1 odds John buys out the contract with Pikeville.
You mean like Pikeville did after 2010 season after losing 4 straight?
UK Fan14 Wrote:You mean like Pikeville did after 2010 season after losing 4 straight?
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't 2011 first year of the new alignment that saw Pikeville pick up a 4th team in their district and added a mandatory game to the schedule?