7 E-town
8 Waggener
9 Garrard Co
10 Bell Co

Other receiving votes Adair Co, Russell, Paducah Tilghman, and Lawerence Co

What's your thoughts?

1. Belfry - agreed
2-5. Put in a hat an draw one out.
6-10. Same as 2-5 as all are about equal.

Others: I think Lawrence is high right now given the complete changing of everything and that Fleming Co should be in the mix as they could be the 3A sleeper.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:1. Belfry - agreed
2-5. Put in a hat an draw one out.
6-10. Same as 2-5 as all are about equal.

Others: I think Lawrence is high right now given the complete changing of everything and that Fleming Co should be in the mix as they could be the 3A sleeper.

I agree. 2 through 5 are very close.
I think the 2-5 statement is close to correct. I would say 3-5 though. I think #2 is gonna push Belfry more than expected this year.
IMO....Louisville Central should be at #3.... Waggoner's gonna push some teams down as well. I think Lex Cath is too high. Additionally...if Paducah Tilghman gets the kinks worked out...I could see them climbing into the top 6-7
bac2369 Wrote:1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Boyle Co
5 (Lou) Central
6 Caldwell Co
7 E-town
8 Waggener
9 Garrard Co
10 Bell Co

What's your thoughts?

9 out of 10 ain't bad. I had Russell in Bell out. Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
mysonis55 Wrote:I think the 2-5 statement is close to correct. I would say 3-5 though. I think #2 is gonna push Belfry more than expected this year.

You said pretty much same thing last year. Actually you said Corbin is going to surprise some. Belfry beat them by 28. These same two teams played in 8th grade middle school semi finals and Belfry beat them 21 -0. Just food for thought.
Crossbones Wrote:You said pretty much same thing last year. Actually you said Corbin is going to surprise some. Belfry beat them by 28. These same two teams played in 8th grade middle school semi finals and Belfry beat them 21 -0. Just food for thought.

I think belfry wins pretty handily if they meet corbin, but I just base this on belfry being that good this year since they return most of the great team they had last year. I don't really put that much stock into middle school scores. Mayfield senior class this year lost 8-0 to butler county when they was in 8th grade, but when the 2 teams met last season with both teams being junior heavy Mayfield won 50-0, and they could have beat them even worse.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think belfry wins pretty handily if they meet corbin, but I just base this on belfry being that good this year since they return most of the great team they had last year. I don't really put that much stock into middle school scores. Mayfield senior class this year lost 8-0 to butler county when they was in 8th grade, but when the 2 teams met last season with both teams being junior heavy Mayfield won 50-0, and they could have beat them even worse.

I don't really know about Corbin but I can tell you about Belfry we as good or better than last year were very big and as a team this is the fastest team we had speed all over the field and I do think these two teams meet again in the simi game good luck to both teams this year
bac2369 Wrote:1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Boyle Co
5 (Lou) Central
6 Caldwell Co
7 E-town
8 Waggener
9 Garrard Co
10 Bell Co

What's your thoughts?

I think Waggener will be much improved as will Tilghman.
Yeah, Mayfield made a total reversal on that one. I think it will be a little closer this year versus Butler Co.

I also know for sure that Belfry didn't beat this same team in 8th grade. That because the big qb didn't come to Corbin until he was in high school. You may beat them this year but, I suspect it will be closer.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, Mayfield made a total reversal on that one. I think it will be a little closer this year versus Butler Co.

I also know for sure that Belfry didn't beat this same team in 8th grade. That because the big qb didn't come to Corbin until he was in high school. You may beat them this year but, I suspect it will be closer.

With all respect 55 you are batting about .000 when it comes to your pre-season 3A predictions. HAHA

Most of those were picking Tilghman though to be fair. You are not the only person to be burned by Tilghman with a pre-season prediction.

With that said I think Corbin closes the gap a little especially thanks to playing at home but if this Belfry team stays healthy and brings their A game I don't see anyone except 6A schools that can go toe to toe. If you can win the LOS in HS football you are going to win and I don't think anyone from 1A to 5A is as good as Belfry up front on both sides of the ball.

Still a long way to go and all it takes is a couple key injuries to make a big difference
Looks good. I think you'll see Central represent the West yet again this year.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Looks good. I think you'll see Central represent the West yet again this year.

I was just talking to my buddy about that that last night at practice and I said the same thing
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With all respect 55 you are batting about .000 when it comes to your pre-season 3A predictions. HAHA

Most of those were picking Tilghman though to be fair. You are not the only person to be burned by Tilghman with a pre-season prediction.

With that said I think Corbin closes the gap a little especially thanks to playing at home but if this Belfry team stays healthy and brings their A game I don't see anyone except 6A schools that can go toe to toe. If you can win the LOS in HS football you are going to win and I don't think anyone from 1A to 5A is as good as Belfry up front on both sides of the ball.

Still a long way to go and all it takes is a couple key injuries to make a big difference
Hey buddy I been reading these guys stuff not yours lol and they all sound like Belfry has got any better and everybody else has I hate to bust there bubble but we have got better the guys up front are stronger all of our skilled players are much faster I think there going to be a fun bunch to watch I hope you get a chance to come watch them this year
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With all respect 55 you are batting about .000 when it comes to your pre-season 3A predictions. HAHA

Hey buddy I been reading these guys stuff not yours lol and they all sound like Belfry has not got any better and everybody else has I hate to bust there bubble but we have got better the guys up front are stronger all of our skilled players are much faster I think there going to be a fun bunch to watch I hope you get a chance to come watch them this year
Corbin returns almost everything from last season. . . That would usually mean a lot, but so does belfry. The pirates have to make thay long drive to Corbin this year. That is of course, if both teams take care of business up to that point. Two good teams on a collision course like this can become a distraction for one another. I just hope both teams take it one game at a time. If they do, it should be a fun game to watch come November. Anything can happen on a given night. If Corbin brings their A-game, I think they will have a chance.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Corbin returns almost everything from last season. . . That would usually mean a lot, but so does belfry. The pirates have to make thay long drive to Corbin this year. That is of course, if both teams take care of business up to that point. Two good teams on a collision course like this can become a distraction for one another. I just hope both teams take it one game at a time. If they do, it should be a fun game to watch come November. Anything can happen on a given night. If Corbin brings their A-game, I think they will have a chance.

One thing to consider is if this game happens I don't think the "long drive" part will actually affect Belfry all that much

This season alone Belfry will make trips to Knoxville, TN and Newport.. both longer trips than Corbin. Throw in the fact this Senior class has also went to Knoxville (CAK), Gallipolis OH (Gallia Academy), Harlan County, Bourbon County, Cabell Midland, Southwestern X2, and three trips to Bowling Green and a long bus ride just is par for the course at this point.

With all that said, Corbin is one of the greatest homefield advantages in the State and you have a team who is dreaming of Belfry every night that they go to bed... so you can expect their best shot for sure and a crazy atmosphere.
They ain't dreaming of Belfry they dream to be Belfry.
Tilghman will be an interesting wild card, but I believe the new staff will need time to build them. They lost a ton of offense (underrated QB - Dunigan, RB - Draw, WR's - McEwen and Prather, as well as a very good kicker R. Butler). Colbe Crim and Jordan Overstreet return along with some solid backup WR's from last season who will get a chance to prove themselves. Also, appears the new staff pulled some first timers from the hallways. The new OC will enjoy these players but might take some heat against a tough early schedule.