Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark and South Floyd
Does anyone know the schedule for those two schools?
I checked the KHSAA site and they only have two games listed for Sheldon Clark. September 2nd against Betsy Layne and October 21st against Lawrence County. Both game at Sheldon Clark.

South Floyd has 5 games listed.
August 19th at Betsy Layne
These games are all at South Floyd:
September 9th vs. Knott Central
September 16th vs. Allen Central
October 7th vs. Jenkins
October 28th vs. East Ridge.
Sheldon Clark schedule

9/2 Betsy lane home
9/16 tug valley home
9/30 @Sherman wv
10/8 @ hundred wv
10/21 Lawrence county home
Only 5 games for Sheldon Clark with practice only a couple of weeks away... Looks like they've picked up some teams they can probably play with, but the community has to be disappointed with only 5 games on the schedule

Think the new coach may have dumped too many teams from his schedule? Any chance he'll be able to pick anyone else up?
SHELDON CLARK as of 7/22

08/19 (H) Paintsville
08/26
09/02 (H) Betsy Lane
09/09
09/16 (A) Tug Valley (WV)
09/23 (H) McCreary Central
09/30 (A) Sherman (WV)
10/08 (A) Hundred (WV)
10/14
10/21 (H) Lawrence County
10/28

I think 08/26 is Prestonburg
I think 10/28 is Morgan County
I found 2 more for Sheldon Clark today.

Like I thought:
08/26 (A) Prestonburg
10/28 (H) Morgan County

That should get Sheldon Clark to 9 games,
Still missing 1 game on either 9/9 or 10/14
I heard on Thursday that South Floyd only has 21 players out this year for football. Accurate? Any SF fans can let us know?
It'd be good to have a 10th game... Tolsia (WV) is open 9/9 and in need of a 10th game

That'd be a great money game for them
PHSForever Wrote:I heard on Thursday that South Floyd only has 21 players out this year for football. Accurate? Any SF fans can let us know?

Coach Hall posted a picture of the team at camp on Facebook and they had 22.
22 players is typical numbers for a small school in Applacahia these days
kids03 Wrote:22 players is typical numbers for a small school in Applacahia these days
Not true. Pikeville had 40 last year, Paintsville had about that, Jenkins had about 30-35 I believe. Those numbers are more typical (30 plus). 21-22 is typical for a program about on the verge of collapsing. I realize it's going to be merged soon so people may be waiting for that. Who knows? Hopefully they stay injury free and pick up a few more players
Was told the had a handful missing camp and expected the usual last minute kids when school starts. They should be around 30 kids. A healthy number for a school with only 150 bous
20-something players on a roster is pretty typical for Class A schools in eastern Kentucky, from what I've seen.
Pikeville is far from typical, plus it's bigger than a lot of the other Class A schools in the area.
Jenkins just has 26 on its roster last year, and I remember them with less than that some years, which is not really bad for schools with 100 boys.
HCS Wrote:20-something players on a roster is pretty typical for Class A schools in eastern Kentucky, from what I've seen.
Pikeville is far from typical, plus it's bigger than a lot of the other Class A schools in the area.
Jenkins just has 26 on its roster last year, and I remember them with less than that some years, which is not really bad for schools with 100 boys.
I totally see your point, but it's still off. Based on official KHSAA rosters from 2015 for the true EKY schools:

Paintsville 43
Pikeville. 42
Hazard 48
Harlan 34
Pineville 32
South Floyd 33
Jenkins. 26
Phelps 19

That's an average of 35 players per roster. Paintsville has the smallest enrollment other than Jenkins if I recall correctly. That number would increase if I included Raceland and Fairview, whom had 61 and 37 players respectively listed on their rosters. But they are in an area with a much bigger population base so I left them out. Not belabor ing the point, because some of these schools ended season down quite a bit due to injuries and people quitting a do understand that. But roster numbers in the 20's are not fairly typical except at a few programs with no real football tradition.
SHELDON CLARK as of 7/22

08/19 (H) Paintsville
08/26 (A) Prestonburg
09/02 (H) Betsy Lane
09/09
09/16 (A) Tug Valley (WV)
09/23 (H) McCreary Central
09/30 (A) Sherman (WV)
10/08 (A) Hundred (WV)
10/14
10/21 (H) Lawrence County
10/28 (H) Morgan County