Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central
Who is the leading candidate for the head coaching job at Floyd central when south Floyd and Allen central combined. I have heard a few names and personnel don't see this beings great job because south Floyd and Allen central don't have much.
Triplett
Triplett is that the right hire for the school. He hasn't done much at south Floyd.
Who are the names that you have heard?
That will be interesting. Wonder who the boys coach will be? any names on that one?
Rodney Rowe
Mark Martin
Dougie Hopkins
Derrick Newsome
Bobby spears
Brandon gearheart
Henry Webb will make sure and get the coach he wants.
We need better K-8 programs. If these kids make it to highschool without simple basic basketball skills and out of shape it won't matter if he gives the job to coach Cal.
Anytime someone gets a chance to be a coach and make a difference it's a great job!
This could be a really good job and develop into a top Region team with the right hire
I think they need to hire someone who is not affiliated with either school. That way fans from both schools can't proclaim favoritism to one of the schools. I agree with earlier poster, it will be awhile before floyd central can compete. both schools have been down for quite a few years. Also need older, experienced coach who has proven track record of building programs from the feeder schools up and be patient, I think good things will come for this school in a few years.
Where will Floyd Central be located?
Floyd County.....
You reckon?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Where will Floyd Central be located?

On 680 coming from the South Floyd area, right before you get to the highway that you can turn towards either Hazard or towards Allen Central.

Go past/towards Allen Central, turn left/right as soon as you see the Dollar General beside the road. There you are. (Coming from Prestonsburg/Hazard)
From what i have heard this job has already been hired unoffically.
realdealuk23 Wrote:From what i have heard this job has already been hired unoffically.
And who might this be? Share with us. I have heard a couple names being thrown around.
I have heard rumors that Timmy Hall was going to be the new coach over there. He should make a dandy.
Who is Timmy hall.
They'll probably get girls from surrounding schools the first year or so because their new. if not Allen Central area kids going have to pick it up. SF has a good group but I suppose most AC's girls concentrate on VB
Ill agree that we need better feeder programs in the county to. Floyd county use to have some strong grade school programs..Now we seem to have a lot of "buddy system" coaches who play their own and buddies kids instead of developing talent and building real teams..I know that is kinda harsh but Ive seen so much of it that it kinda makes me nauseous...Good talent often wont even play ball anymore for reasons like this..
Has there been any news on this job. I recently heard the job was south floyds coach.