Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat on your spouse in Michigan and spend life in prison?
Philanderers beware: spouses caught cheating in Michigan could end up spending the rest of their life in prison.

Full story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070118/od_...sexoffbeat
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
wow thats pretty crazy but i agree with it!
I agree with it, too. I just didn't know adultery was a crime.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Yeh me neither at least a Government crime but im glad it is at least there!! Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery!!
That's crazy but it's not such a bad idea.

I disagree with all of you...... we're going to put a person who cheats on their spouse in jail for life, but we let people guilty of much lesser crimes go without much more than a smack on the wrist........ To me, this isn't even funny.......
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Let's see. Your spouse cheats on you with a concenting adult and gets life. But, I sale your 10 year old kid Crystal Meth and get maybe 5 to 10. If I'm lucky I just get probation. Yeah, that law makes alot of sense. Stupid IMO!
Read the article its been on the books for a long time, no one had been charged with it since 1971.

A smart DA found it on the books and used it to try to add time on a drug dealer:

The appeals court decision involved a man convicted of trading prescription painkillers for sex.

In an attempt to increase his jail time, prosecutors used an obscure provision of the state's criminal law to charge him with criminal sexual conduct, which occurs whenever "sexual penetration occurs under circumstances involving the commission of any other felony
Yeah, But the article also said that Adultery was a felony in MI.
ridiculous IMO!!!!!!
Pretty weird if you ask me.
Me 2!