Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County coach Jim Hicks suspension extended
Greenup County High School has suspended coach Jim Hicks for 15 more days.
Apparently there was a handshake deal made yesterday between Hicks and GC superintendent John Younce, that Hicks could return with certain stipulations. Hicks came back today and refused the deal. Thus the new suspension.

And as sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives....

What a circus.
What caused the suspension in the first place?
FBALL Wrote:Greenup County High School has suspended coach Jim Hicks for 15 more days.
Apparently there was a handshake deal made yesterday between Hicks and GC superintendent John Younce, that Hicks could return with certain stipulations. Hicks came back today and refused the deal. Thus the new suspension.

And as sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives....

What a circus.

GOOD HE DESERVES IT.. I HOPE HE DOESN'T COME BACK AT ALL
Interesting....Wonder if they will keep him as coach after the season?
what did he do
Why is this whole ordeal such a CIA-high security hush-hush thing. I've read several different websites and no one, I mean NO ONE, will say what in the heck Hicks is suspended forRolleyes . What's the big deal? What's going on? Why so much secrecy? What on earth did the man do? What, what, what????

Now, with that said, I will add that I can very well understand Hicks getting suspended for something. He has always walked on thin ice with his coaching antics and classless behavior. He was a risky choice when they hired him. They should have done more research on him before bringing him in as coach. You get what you ask for.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why is this whole ordeal such a CIA-high security hush-hush thing. I've read several different websites and no one, I mean NO ONE, will say what in the heck Hicks is suspended forRolleyes . What's the big deal? What's going on? Why so much secrecy? What on earth did the man do? What, what, what????

Now, with that said, I will add that I can very well understand Hicks getting suspended for something. He has always walked on thin ice with his coaching antics and classless behavior. He was a risky choice when they hired him. They should have done more research on him before bringing him in as coach. You get what you ask for.

The whole thing centers around so called recruiting violations. Something the KHSAA investigated and cleared him of. The bottom line is the powers to be at GCHS now want him out and are really powerless to do anything about it. They granted him tenure at the start of the school year. Their solution is an independent investigation that noone seems to no the exact details of. I think he has been put on double secret porbation by Dean Wormer.

They are trying to drive him out by making it impossible for him to coach. Some of this is pure politics and some of it Hicks has brought upon himself. However you look at it, it is only making the whole situation look even more absurd to those on the outside. And making the Greenup County School system into one big joke.
FBALL Wrote:The whole thing centers around so called recruiting violations. Something the KHSAA investigated and cleared him of. The bottom line is the powers to be at GCHS now want him out and are really powerless to do anything about it. They granted him tenure at the start of the school year. Their solution is an independent investigation that noone seems to no the exact details of. I think he has been put on double secret porbation by Dean Wormer.

They are trying to drive him out by making it impossible for him to coach. Some of this is pure politics and some of it Hicks has brought upon himself. However you look at it, it is only making the whole situation look even more absurd to those on the outside. And making the Greenup County School system into one big joke.

Who cleared him of Recruiting violations? It is a well known fact that Hicks
is a flagrant recruiter who doesnt mind talking or calling prospective players to come play for him. If the KHSAA cleared him, they just didnt do a thourough investigation.