Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Regional Tournament Championship- Lawrence County vs Johnson Central
I'm going with the Bulldogs by 15. 80-65. Anyone else's thoughts?
Should be a classic. I'm going with Eagles by 5.
Dawgs 86
Eagles 67
Dawgs on a roll. Go Dawgs win region.
Jc 75 lc 71
Johnson Central 20-12 - 57th District Champions.
Lawrence County 28-4 - 60th District Champions.

LC beat JC 93-84 in Overtime @ LC on 2/6/16.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Johnson Central has won the 15th Region nine times in school history.....
1972, 1975, 1984, 2000, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.

JC has two wins in the Sweet 16....
2000 vs. Hopkins County Central, 66-64.
2014 vs. Campbell County, 58-56.
Lawrence County is looking for their first ever Regional basketball championship.

LC has been in the 15th Region the '05/'06 season. Before that, LC was in the 16th Region.

And we've said it all year..... Lawrence County, this is your 'Now or Never' season.
If you guys don't go to state this season, I'm not saying you guys will never go.... but the stars seem to be aligned for the Bulldogs.
Lawrence should dominate this JC team
Lac by 15+
This will be a high scoring game.....

Both teams thrive on getting up and down the floor and getting easy baskets in transition.
The winner will play Louisville Doss (27-5 from Region 6) on Thursday, 3-17, @ 12pm.
Five in a row!!! Go JC!!!!
This should be lawrence County year !!!!!
Lawrence 80
Johnston Central 68
I said 2 years ago I would set on my thumb to coach this Lawrence County team. Well it's time to go to Rupp! :truestory:
Lawrence County 78
Johnson Central 64
Johnson can post Pack up its a ball game
basketball101 Wrote:Johnson can post Pack up its a ball game

Tyler Pack earlier this season had 16 points on 8 of 9 from the floor with 6 rebounds against Lawrence County (could have been more if he had not been put out of game with only 4 fouls). Last year in regional against Lawrence County he had 11 points on 5 of 5 from the floor with 10 rebounds. During the regular season last year he had 8 points on 3 of 6 from the floor with 13 rebounds. For the Eagles to be successful Tyler must have a double double to open up the outside game.
Jc-67
lc- 62
I can't believe how many people are actually picking JC to win. I mean if Lawrence plays horrible and shoots about 30% from the field and turns it over maybe 30 times. But Lawrence is by far a lot better than Central.
Fighter09 Wrote:I can't believe how many people are actually picking JC to win. I mean if Lawrence plays horrible and shoots about 30% from the field and turns it over maybe 30 times. But Lawrence is by far a lot better than Central.

Is that what happened last time they played when they went into OT? Says that they shot 44% that game? Must not be that much better.
Fighter09 Wrote:I can't believe how many people are actually picking JC to win. I mean if Lawrence plays horrible and shoots about 30% from the field and turns it over maybe 30 times. But Lawrence is by far a lot better than Central.

At Lawrence County in the regular season:

Bulldogs shot 44.3% (Way above 30%)

Bulldogs turned the ball over less than 30 times.

Bulldogs hit 8 from 3.

Bulldogs hit 20 free throws.

Eagles took them to overtime.

Why don't we just play tonight and see who wins instead of meeting at 7:30 and presenting the trophy to Lawrence County.
THOMCAT Wrote:At Lawrence County in the regular season:

Bulldogs shot 44.3% (Way above 30%)

Bulldogs turned the ball over less than 30 times.

Bulldogs hit 8 from 3.

Bulldogs hit 20 free throws.

Eagles took them to overtime.

Why don't we just play tonight and see who wins instead of meeting at 7:30 and presenting the trophy to Lawrence County.

I was kind of exaggerating on purpose with what it would take for JC to win. I mean sure it's possible. But if Lawrence doesn't win it tonight with this team, they ain't ever going.
Fighter09 Wrote:I was kind of exaggerating on purpose with what it would take for JC to win. I mean sure it's possible. But if Lawrence doesn't win it tonight with this team, they ain't ever going.

We agree. This is the most talented Bulldog team that they have had for many years.
At LC late in the game it wasn't pack or blair that kept JC in the game it was grace taking the ball to hole and scoring. If I was LC I would play a zone with a chaser on blair and force their forwards to beat me from the outside.
Looking at the games, this looks like the one worth the price of admission.

Lawrence County 81 Johnson Central 76.

OR, if they get in Foul Trouble?
This is the big thing no one has mentioned. JC plays around 10 while LC might play 6 or 7! If that one or two key player(s) get 2 fouls early, then JC could REALLY put some space between them and LC making it hard to catch up.
Im picking LC 78-70 over JC..
Baseball Man Wrote:OR, if they get in Foul Trouble?
This is the big thing no one has mentioned. JC plays around 10 while LC might play 6 or 7! If that one or two key player(s) get 2 fouls early, then JC could REALLY put some space between them and LC making it hard to catch up.

Honestly I think that's the only way JC has a chance. Before I say this let me say one thing before I get someone yelling at me. I hope the Bulldogs win. If the 15th is to represented any at all in a good manner this year I believe Lawrence is the only team with a shot to win a game. BUT the refs seem pretty hesitate to call fouls on LC. I love watching this team but the foul call difference was pretty obvious when they played Magoffin. 10-2 at one point in the second half. Anyone who watched it and says it was cause Lawrence wasn't fouling is a liar. They were some definite fouls that wasn't called. So I don't think they will get into foul trouble. And I hope they don't, cause I want them to win this tournament. But if they don't I hope it's the right way this time.
This is the Bulldogs year and unless a miracle happen Lawrence Co will roll.

Lawrence Co 81

Johnson Central 60