Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Horses for 15th Region Tournament?
Thoughts?
If I had to go with anyone other then LC or JC, it would be the winner of the South Floyd and Magoffin game. South Floyd does have a win over JC this year so shouldn't be taken lightly.
Pikeville has wins over 6 of the 8 teams in the tourney. They haven't played LC and have a 2pt loss to Magoffin.
Magoffin has wins over everyone except Lawrence.
BillSelf Wrote:Pikeville has wins over 6 of the 8 teams in the tourney. They haven't played LC and have a 2pt loss to Magoffin.

There losses to magoffin was 85-50 and 66-54. Don't remember a 2 point loss .
Hornet dad Wrote:There losses to magoffin was 85-50 and 66-54. Don't remember a 2 point loss .

According to khsaa they were no 2pt lose.
Hornet dad Wrote:There losses to magoffin was 85-50 and 66-54. Don't remember a 2 point loss .

You're right, my bad. I thought the 5 was a 6. I seen 66-64, instead of 54.
Any team not named Lawrence County.

LC is the only team in the tournament who has not lost to a region opponent. All others have between 4-11 losses to other region teams. Magoffin having the least with 4 and Belfry having the most with 11.

Here is a breakdown of each teams W/L against each team other than LC in the tournament......

1. Magoffin Co. 9-2
2. East Ridge 6-4
3. South Floyd 5-5
4. Johnson Central 2-3
5. Pikeville 6-8
6. Allen Central 3-7
7. Belfry 2-5

LC has only faced 3 teams in the tournament Belfry, Johnson Central, and Magoffin Co. LC has a 5-0 record in those games defeating Belfry 3 times.

The only other team most are giving a chance to win not named LC is JC which has losses to each team (SF, Pikeville, Magoffin) on LC's side of the bracket.

The team with the best record against all other in the tournament is Magoffin Co. at 9-2 in which LC defeated in their only meeting 89-74 on a neutral court.

It is simply LC's to lose, so everyone else in the tournament is a dark horse.

JC is everyone's 2nd choice by luck of the draw only. Switch JC & LC in the bracket and JC may not even be the favorite to win that side of the bracket as they hold L's to each team on that side.

Good luck to all in the tournament. Anything can happen on any given night, and that of course is why they play the games. Everyone including myself have seen bigger upsets in tournaments in their life and one could be possible in the 15th. I for one just don't see it happening this year.
BillSelf Wrote:Pikeville has wins over 6 of the 8 teams in the tourney. They haven't played LC and have a 2pt loss to Magoffin.

Pikeville got embarrassed at home by 30+
Like I said about 4-5 weeks ago, S F could easily get on track and surprise some people.
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Pikeville got embarrassed at home by 30+

That was at the first of the season. In 2001, I seen SF get beat 84-26 on their home floor against SV, they won 8 games straight after that and won the region. In 2011, SF beat Pike Central by 27, then 2 weeks later in the region, PC beat them by 5.

I've seen it happen numerous times in many levels of basketball.

They play the games for a reason.

Magoffin has yet to play SF at full strength. That should be a great game.
Im kinda pulling for a South Floyd upset..No offense to anyone else but Id like to see those beaver creek boys bring it home..
South Floyd played Magoffin twice without J.R. Tackett and Brady Ousley. Magoffin was at full strength then before the injury to their big man. Regions are tough to win and hopefully this old man can see the Raiders win. I have a lot of respect for Magoffin though and have known their coach a lot of years. It should be a very good game. Did someone have to bring up the 2011 regional game against Pike Central?
Wyatt Earp Wrote:South Floyd played Magoffin twice without J.R. Tackett and Brady Ousley. Magoffin was at full strength then before the injury to their big man. Regions are tough to win and hopefully this old man can see the Raiders win. I have a lot of respect for Magoffin though and have known their coach a lot of years. It should be a very good game. Did someone have to bring up the 2011 regional game against Pike Central?

Brady Ousley played the 2nd game, but it was maybe his 1st or 2nd game back.
My bad