Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 63 Ashland 54
Russell gets big lead. Leads by 10 to 15 for most of the game. Allows a late comeback by Ashland to make it close. Typical Russell.
Nice win russell
heck of a game! 40 got a little heated didnt he!! HAHA
TOMCAT06 Wrote:heck of a game! 40 got a little heated didnt he!! HAHA

Just a little. Bonner was being very physical but you don't respond by throwing and elbow. Accept the call and keep playing. It was not smart.
FBALL Wrote:Just a little. Bonner was being very physical but you don't respond by throwing and elbow. Accept the call and keep playing. It was not smart.
i dont think that a technical was exactly the right call though i think htat the ref just wanted to make a big call in the game and make himself feel good. Or mabye look like he did sumthing important
Congrats to Russell. Saying that they had a big lead and blew it, kind of reminds you of the NBA's Phoenix Suns, lol.
Congrats to Russell! But they got the big lead by Ashland mistakes and poor shooting. When Ashland settled down a bit they cut the lead to 10 at the half and then again at the end of the game. Russell clearly the better team in this one, but that doesn't mean that they can't be beat by the Tomcats or other 16th teams on another night.
Look for Russell to run the table through the rest of the regular season.

If any other 16th region team beats them it will be a major upset, and they always get better in February/March. They have 4 of the top 15 players in the region, to go with the #1 player in the region. That is too much talent for any other team in the 16th and that is just the way it is.
COngrats Russell
Anybody that could possibly give them a run for their money in the region tourny?
j/w
FBALL Wrote:Just a little. Bonner was being very physical but you don't respond by throwing and elbow. Accept the call and keep playing. It was not smart.

Yeh bonner is just an intense player!!! He plays with a lot of emotion just like he does in football, but i def. think 40 deserved a technical he looked a bit rediculous throwing himself around like that!! but it was entertaining!!
Congrats Russell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Great win for Russell. Ashlands Student section was very rowdy receiving several warnings from their AD or some other Ashland Administrator as well as Russell's Principle Alan Thompson. They demonstrated their lack of class by heckling the boy on Russell's Cheer squad. There was also one particular Ashland student who was clearly making an attempt to start a fist fight outside with anyone in the Russell Student section who was willing to fight. Some ole stuff you come to expect from Ashland. Maybe these kids should be reminded of the Ashland/Russell fight from 1963 at Ashland. BTW Ashland students started that brawl as well. Sore loosers and hoodums abound in Ashland. They just can't stand that a smaller school is better than them. Not just in athletics, but also in academics and the arts. They may beat us in football every now and then but they're a bigger school. Bragging about beating Russell would be the equivalent of bragging about beating up your little brother.
Congrats Russell
DevilsWin Wrote:Sore loosers and hoodums abound in Ashland. They just can't stand that a smaller school is better than them. Not just in athletics, but also in academics and the arts. They may beat us in football every now and then but they're a bigger school. Bragging about beating Russell would be the equivalent of bragging about beating up your little brother.

Dude I am not an Ashland fan, but I am very familiar with the Ashland and Russell rivalry, and this has to be the dumbest post ever.

In case you haven't noticed, sore losers and hoodlums abound everywhere and at every school. And your comments about the so called Russell superiority over Ashland in every sport and academics is an exageration of the truth and it does nothing to stop the kind of conduct you are on here speaking against. You are doing nothing but lowering yourself to the same level as the people you are speaking against.

Talk about the game (not the students or the schools)!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Dude I am not an Ashland fan, but I am very familiar with the Ashland and Russell rivalry, and this has to be the dumbest post ever.

In case you haven't noticed, sore losers and hoodlums abound everywhere and at every school. And your comments about the so called Russell superiority over Ashland in every sport and academics is an exageration of the truth and it does nothing to stop the kind of conduct you are on here speaking against. You are doing nothing but lowering yourself to the same level as the people you are speaking against.

Talk about the game (not the students or the schools)!

I had an axe to grind. I don't like Ashland. I don't like Boyd County either. Sue me. Everything in my post is true. If you can disprove anything I said categorically then do so.
BTW I have seen much more ridiculous posts on here than this.

I never said that Russell is "better in every sport"
We do however excell in Athletics, Academics and the Arts. When was the last time Ashland won a State wide title in anything? I think Russell is superior, that's my opinion and if you disagree that's fine.
DevilsWin Wrote:I had an axe to grind. I don't like Ashland. I don't like Boyd County either. Sue me. Everything in my post is true. If you can disprove anything I said categorically then do so.
BTW I have seen much more ridiculous posts on here than this.

I never said that Russell is "better in every sport"
We do however excell in Athletics, Academics and the Arts. When was the last time Ashland won a State wide title in anything? I think Russell is superior, that's my opinion and if you disagree that's fine.

First of all which team had a player go completely bizurck because he was be guarded tightely? Yeh that was #40 for RUSSELL!!! Second of all the main reason are student section was going crazy is because we hate Russell As much as Russell hates Ashland! And you ask about Ashland winning a state tital, yeh we havent won a state championship in about 16 years but look at how many ashland state championships there have been over the years in every sport!!! A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN RUSSELL!!! And has Russell's basketball team ever won a national title???? Ashland has!!! To say that Russell is a smaller school is true by the ranking in sports but to be completly honest the schools don't have that much of a difference in size! So to say that Ashland beating Russell is like beating up your little brother is stupid!! Ashland and Russell has always been a huge rivarly and in most cases when a game is such a huge rivarly it doesnt much matter anything other than who wants it more and who works harder for it!! There have been many cases were Ashland hasnt wanted it as much as russell and vis versa it happens its sports! And to say that Ashland is a bunch of hoodlems is also dumb russell has their fair share of them also just like the hoodlem in the devil costum running around on the court!!! And when you said, "I never said that Russell is "better in every sport" We do however excell in Athletics, Academics and the Arts." Is just an example of how you dont excell in academics b/c it doesnt make any sense saying your not better in every sport but you excel in athletics!! Ashland vs. Russell will ALWAYS be a huge rivarly and students and alumni from each school will always hate each other its all part of it!!:redboxer:So yeh your post was dumb and maybe mine is to but it happens! Lets face it I hate Russell You hate Ashland and thats that! And I love the rivarly!!! Ashland is :1:!!
DevilsWin Wrote:Great win for Russell. Ashlands Student section was very rowdy receiving several warnings from their AD or some other Ashland Administrator as well as Russell's Principle Alan Thompson. They demonstrated their lack of class by heckling the boy on Russell's Cheer squad. There was also one particular Ashland student who was clearly making an attempt to start a fist fight outside with anyone in the Russell Student section who was willing to fight. Some ole stuff you come to expect from Ashland. Maybe these kids should be reminded of the Ashland/Russell fight from 1963 at Ashland. BTW Ashland students started that brawl as well. Sore loosers and hoodums abound in Ashland. They just can't stand that a smaller school is better than them. Not just in athletics, but also in academics and the arts. They may beat us in football every now and then but they're a bigger school. Bragging about beating Russell would be the equivalent of bragging about beating up your little brother.

Both of these schools have hated each other for years and continue to hate each other, and that's why it's called a RIVALRY. From your post you make it sound like Russell's student section was completely innocent. Why do you think the Ashland kids did the stuff they did??? Just to do it?? No, because the two schools don't like each other, and Russell, just as much as Ashland, agged it on.

As for the 1963 brawl, I wasn't even alive then. That was YEARS before I was alive, actually. But even if the Ashland kids started that brawl, I'm sure the Russell kids played just as big of a part in it.

If you want to talk about a "lack of class", then why don't you mention the 2nd quarter when Russell's student section started chanting "Ashland Sucks" during a timeout? VERY classless, especially when the game wasn't even halfway over, and even though Russell had a lead, Ashland still came back and nearly won it.

There are sore losers and hoodlums everywhere. Even at Russell Rolleyes. I remember seeing some sore losers from Russell after they lost the football game this year. Russell did win the basketball game, and I'm not trying to argue or to make excuses- Just simply stating the fact that this is a rivalry, and that type of stuff is to be expected from BOTH sides. As for you saying that Russell is better in athletics, think again. Although you all have made it to two straight 2A state title games (which you should be very proud of) you did lose to Ashland this year. I guess Russell has beat Ashland too many times to count especially since we lead the series 31-20 and have only won "every now and then."

In academics though, I won't argue you a bit- With some of the teachers Ashland has, I feel very sure that Russell is better academically.

Bu in athletics, this has always been a rivalry between two great schools that have a ton of pride, and it has always been close and probably always will be. Russell did beat us Friday, but we don't care! Russell played a great game Friday, and for us, it's back to the drawing board. But to say the stuff you did, is ridiculous. You got the win, what else do you want from us?
This has came to a bitter end right here. If you want to continue to talk about the GAME then feel free to start another thread.