Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2016
sstack Wrote:When talking about the Typical HHS team I was really only talking about the last 10-15 years when they have been crazy good and not the last 100 years. You are right, they have been blessed with a long string of very good QB's!
That 83' team loss was a tough one, weather really helped level the playing field in that one. That Sr. class and the class of 82' had some good athletes, but I think the coaching and athletes of today are better. The kids today put so much more time and effort into their sports, and more is expected of the coaching.
The 84' and 85' teams remind me alot of last years team and what I expect from this years team. They had some good players but where down in number of quality athletes (84' class was very small numbers wise for boys) and I feel coaching changes did not help then or last year.
As far as the girls soccer team, it is returning 3 D1 players, and I think 1-2 others will play D2 or 3; a lot of coaches would kill for that. Will they have success on the field though as a team?

So to follow, Highlands has played 101 years of football and the last 10 to 15 are what we are judging by. Gotcha. Teams from each era at most schools are quite different that is why I was questioning your use of the word "typical"

Seems you are calling into question the coaching. Care to elaborate on that a little? You do know that Jason Lynch has left the program correct? Big time hit if you ask me because he was the guy that broke down film like no other from what I have been told.
Highlands in a bad year beats 90% of all teams in the state.
Gosney named starter at qb.
Lynch left? Wow. That guy was good. It's just not the breaking down of film. That guy can coach. In 2012 when Dale missed the state due to a death in the family. He let Lynch call the shots on offense. He did remarkable. It pissed off a couple coaches. But Dale knew what he was doing. He'd be a better head coach. He was head coach of the JV team. And they did very well under him that year also. During the state game. One of the coaches tried to butt in. He told him to back off and shut up. I loved it.
Looking at schedule. I say 5 and 5 during regular season.
adopted purple Wrote:Highlands in a bad year beats 90% of all teams in the state.

Noway.
UK1fan Wrote:Gosney named starter at qb.

Because a blog says so?
QB? It's going to take a lot more than that.
Don Drumpf Wrote:Because a blog says so?

River city news has a article about it.
UK1fan Wrote:River city news has a article about it.

What is river city news? Did the Highlands Football Press Office release the name of the starting QB?
Don Drumpf Wrote:What is river city news? Did the Highlands Football Press Office release the name of the starting QB?

Sure did, G. Michael Graham himself. Gosney will be the starting QB and you can take that to the bank, unless of course he gets injured.
Who does Highlands have the scrimmage game with?
bo67 Wrote:Who does Highlands have the scrimmage game with?

Cincinnati St. Xavier
Where? That should be a test for them.