Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Tournament
Thoughts an Predictions:
The 2016 WYMT Mountain Basketball Classic is scheduled for January 4-9, 2016 and will be held at Knott County Central High School.

GIRLS
Bell County Lady Cats
Appearance: 4th
All-time record: 4-0
Best finish: Champion (2014, 2015)

Breathitt County Lady Cats
Appearance: 1st
All-time record: N/A
Best finish: N/A

Harlan Lady Dragons
Appearance: 2nd
All-time record: 0-2
Best finish: Fourth (2015)

Harlan County Lady Black Bears
Appearance: 2nd
All-time record: 1-1
Best finish: Third (2014)

Johnson Central Lady Eagles

Knott County Central Lady Patriots

BOYS
Buckhorn Wildcats
Appearance: 7th
All-time record: 5-8
Best finish: Runner-up (2012)

Clay County Tigers
Appearance: 25th
All-time record: 44-21
Best finish: Champion (1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2011)

Harlan County Black Bears
All-time record: 5-3
Best finish: Fifth (2012, 2013)

Knott County Central Patriots
Appearance: 19th
All-time record: 27-26
Best finish: Champion (2012, 2015)

Lawrence County Bulldogs
Appearance: 3rd
All-time record: 2-3
Best finish: Fourth (2014)

Letcher County Central Cougars
All-time record: 2-6
Best finish: Fourth (2011)

Perry County Central Commodores
Appearance: 16th
All-time record: 31-11
Best finish: Champion (1999, 2000, 2003, 2009, 2013)

South Laurel Cardinals

I copied this from WYMT's web site. Looks to me like a great field!! Lots of competition for both boys and girls teams!
Always a great tournament and they give a lot of needy kids scholarships.
If things work out with the brackets a lot of questions will be answered in the 13th. :popcorn:
South and Clay final would be an early season showdown. Not don't count out Lawrence County or Perry Central
It wouldn't surprise me if the 15 region team LC wins this one. I think they r one of the top teams in that region, but in order i would say the best teams r Clay co., Harlan, South L, and Lawrence. I haven't seen all of the teams play, but did get a chance to see South L play at Belfry, and their big man can cause u problems although it was a close game against PCC.
I like Clay and South Laurel in the Championship. South Laurel has a cakewalk to the championship. I think Clay and PCC will battle in the semis but Clay has too many horses for them.
Watch it Pap. Hahahahaha :happysmile:
I'm going to say it is South and Lawrence in the finals. Beating PCC will be a tall task for LC in a 14th region hosted tournament, but I think they get by PCC and I honestly think they would be a matchup nightmare for Clay. Clay would actually be wise to slow that game down, or get run out of the gym.
Don't write off PCC just yet. They'll be a tough game for anyone in the Classic. They always play better in this tournament. Is Tobler playing?
I'm pretty sure Tobler is back playing. PCC-LC is definitely the hardest game to pick, and I'm nowhere near confident in that pick. Clay got a really rough draw though. I think either of those teams are bad match ups for Clay. I also wouldn't count out Buckhorn beating HC.
nice to tourny with even better matchups.
Tobler has been back for about 6 games now. Buckhorn could give Harlan a game if they are hitting like crazy. They just don't have the horses this year. Hoskins is a nice high school player but he's about it. No inside game at all.
[Image:

]

Knott will be rolling Wednesday night. Ole fatpat will be glad to see all his friends from Manchester. Want to make sure you bring your helmets cause we will be ready to rumble. #concessiontatersareyummy More mash taters please!!!