Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 75 Cordia 42
I watched the first half of this game. No team in Ky is that much better than Cordia. They have a multitude of talent. This is for Coach Rhodes! Throw the damn ball inside every time down the floor! You have two monsters in the paint. He couldn't coach a bitty league team. My god man wake up!
If this big kid ,Oumar Keita, wants to be appreciated as a dominant big man and learn to play as a big man he needs to transfer to hazard. I can assure you that Big Al will throw him the ball inside. Don't get me wrong I'm a PCC fan but I want the best for this kid. Transfer to Hazard big guy and Big Al will make sure you are the best you can be.
I want to ask the veterans of this site to please watch the replay of this game ,especially the first half, and tell me that this kid along with his big counterpart shouldn't dominate any team.
Obviously you didn't watch the 2nd half they threw the ball inside just about every trip down the floor. The one kid henry has trouble holding onto the ball. Every time they went inside it got knocked away. Everybody wants to blame Rhodes when a kid doesn't do what somebody thinks they should. I know for a fact that Rhodes tells these kids all the right things to do but players have to listen. Al is a good coach but I promise you he can't get anymore out of oumar than Rhodes can.
Oumar is still probably just about 50% from his leg injury. He can't jump hardly at all he as just been able to move laterally in the last week. I will say this I do agree there with you they are not tat much better than cordia,but I guess it is an excuse cordia has played 8 games in 12 days with a short bench. And the last 3 games they have had 6 players their best outside shooter has been out with a concussion. That hurt them bad. I will say this the team was ready to come home and was not ready to play. They looked tired and tey even said they were tired. Just a poor performance.
I was not aware that they were without a player and no I did not watch the 2 nd half. I like rhodes don't get me wrong he's a good guy. It's just my opinion that al is better.
However, I watched them against Bryan Station who is the worst team in Lexington and they looked worse on fresh legs. They are overrated. And yes I think it's because of the coach.
I wouldn't call them overrated I would call them inconstant. They have proven they can play with anybody good or bad. They are really young mainly all freshman and sophomores. And the 2 seniors they have have never had to play a lead roll before. The Nelson kid has only played 16 games in his highschool career. I will agree with you the Bryan station game was pitiful but there was some team issues the night before with some kids and I won't call anybody out but this team just need time together. Cordia is really playing for next year. When this team is locked in and focused they are really good but when they are not they can be really bad. I said before the year if they go .500 with the schedule they they will have a successful season. They could have played the schedule some other 14 region teams have played and they may be un defeated but I don't think that really helps anyone but the coaches record in the long run!
I appreciate the insight Buford T. That clears a few things up for me. They really are a talented group and I wish them the best.