Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New River
Was wondering if anyone has ever fished at this river?

Have some facts on it that it is the second oldest river in history behind the Nile River. It starts in Virginia and ends in North Carolina somewheres in the blue ridge. I went there with my family two summers ago and didnt have any luck what so ever, didnt catch a thing. Then this summer Me my Dad and Grandpa went. My Grandpa and I got into the river, started to fish and I had already caught 4 fish on my first 5 cast and ended up catching 9 smallmouth that weekend, it was awesome to I loved every minute of it!

Again was wondering if anyone has ever fished there?
Where did you go?
I love fishing New River! I've taken my jon boat, but wadding is the only way to go.
Armchair QB Wrote:Where did you go?

New River in Virginia
What town. Pembrooke?

Nothing like fishie for smallies. I have fished the Virginia side and the Wv Side. Great fishing at both. Bigger fish on the Va side and more numbers on the WV Side. Looking forward to going back this summer.

-STAT- Wrote:New River in Virginia
Yepp, it was in Pembrooke. I think we are now making it a every year thing to go in the summer, I cant wait to go back I love it!
I have never went, but some of my buddies go every summer. I may go with them this summer.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
BC75 Wrote:I have never went, but some of my buddies go every summer. I may go with them this summer.

You really should, its filled with smallmouth who will fight to the finish.
great place to fish there in pembroke, at the mccoy falls area. a place called daves campground. There is a web site http://www.newriverjunction.com tells you all about it. I have had my best luck in late may early june or september.
i never have fished it but some of my buddies have real good smallmouth fishing.
It is a great place to go but the last time i went we did not do to good because we went to early....i should have went in june
hondaman Wrote:great place to fish there in pembroke, at the mccoy falls area. a place called daves campground. There is a web site www.newriverjunction.com tells you all about it. I have had my best luck in late may early june or september.

Nice place to stay, but Dave won't let you clean fish there anymore. So if like eating them don't stay there.
-STAT- Wrote:Was wondering if anyone has ever fished at this river?

Have some facts on it that it is the second oldest river in history behind the Nile River. It starts in Virginia and ends in North Carolina somewheres in the blue ridge. I went there with my family two summers ago and didnt have any luck what so ever, didnt catch a thing. Then this summer Me my Dad and Grandpa went. My Grandpa and I got into the river, started to fish and I had already caught 4 fish on my first 5 cast and ended up catching 9 smallmouth that weekend, it was awesome to I loved every minute of it!

Again was wondering if anyone has ever fished there?

stat what were you fishing with? i went memorial day weekend and slayed them on soft plastics. In one day i caught 17, total of 28 that whole weekend.
Went there last year but they had some heavy rain the day before we arrived and the first day we were there up river so it brought a bunch of grass down and went didn't catch much of anything other than the grass.

However we did get some real good rapids from the higher than normal conditions it was fun until we wiped our canoe out.
new place is always nice