Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Mike Whitaker?
Can anyone tell me where he is now, and if he's still coaching?
Mike is an Asst. Coach at Montgomery Co. Living in Powell Co. on His farm. This is what His Dad told me a Month or so ago.
Cellking Wrote:Mike is an Asst. Coach at Montgomery Co. Living in Powell Co. on His farm. This is what His Dad told me a Month or so ago.

Correct, but he also has an administration/C.O job in Montgomery County as well. It's the reason he left Webster County last summer; a place he had grown fond of and was really doing some good things at in his one year. He hated to leave, especially with the timing, but the position at Montgomery County was just too good to turn down.
1-10 at Webster County
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:1-10 at Webster County

As were many before him and this past year.

Things beyond the record. Webster County is a coaching grave yard. He was able to get several thousand dumped into the weight room, new practice field and several other things that don't show up on the scoreboard.

Webster is a bottom 10 job in the state and has been for several years. The county has ONE drive through, a McDonalds. I frankly don't know of a county out there to compare it to. When I say there is absolutely nothing there, I mean just that..nothing.

A good number of the administration in the district are from there and don't even live in the county if that tells you anything.

Saying it's a tough place to win would be the biggest understatement ever.
had very little success at several of his stops.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:As were many before him and this past year.

Things beyond the record. Webster County is a coaching grave yard. He was able to get several thousand dumped into the weight room, new practice field and several other things that don't show up on the scoreboard.

Webster is a bottom 10 job in the state and has been for several years. The county has ONE drive through, a McDonalds. I frankly don't know of a county out there to compare it to. When I say there is absolutely nothing there, I mean just that..nothing.

A good number of the administration in the district are from there and don't even live in the county if that tells you anything.

Saying it's a tough place to win would be the biggest understatement ever.

There is a gas station down the road from the school that makes a mean turkey sandwich at the counter in the back though.
about 10 or 12 years ago they Webster made it to the semi and got beat by Corbin, You can win there you may have to recruite a little.....Fulton County is about the worse ive seen along with some others in Eastern KY. Whitaker could have success if he gets the right job.
Why did he go to Webster anyways??
hoghead Wrote:about 10 or 12 years ago they Webster made it to the semi and got beat by Corbin, You can win there you may have to recruite a little.....Fulton County is about the worse ive seen along with some others in Eastern KY. Whitaker could have success if he gets the right job.

Fulton County is unlike anything I've seen in Kentucky - two schools with about 200 students between them. A poor area with no great success in academics or athletics. What's the point of keeping two schools open?