Poll: What area of the State has the most Football Titles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Northern Kentucky
40.00%
Eastern Kentucky
10.00%
Central Kentucky
50.00%
Western Kentucky
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What part of the State has the most Titles?
There seems to be some debate in a few posts in a few different threads about what part of the State has a stronghold on Football So, I thought I'd make a new thread just for those debates. I'm sure we have some football guru's on here that can find the records of which area has the most titles. 2015 was the year of Eastern & Western Kentucky for sure.

*Louisville Area will be included in Central Kentucky
**Pulaski, Somerset, London will be included in Eastern Kentucky
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, considering Highlands in N. Kentucky which was a juggernaut. It would seem to be the favorite. But then again Central Kentucky with Danville, Boyle, Scott Co.,Trinity, Male and St. X may knock off the Notherners
We did a thread last year if someone can find it...but it was Jefferson County/Louisville by a wide stretch

I want to say it went:
1. Louisville Metro
2. NKY
3. WKY
4. EKY
5. CKY
6. SKY
7. Lex Metro
I just did it real quick... I was very strict in that teams like Collins and Bardstown were considered CKY instead of Louisville and that Lexington was only Fayette County

1. Louisville 58
2. NKY 53
3. WKY 47

4. CKY 37

5. EKY 25

6. Lexington 6
7. SKY 4
If you call Louisville Metro the counties that touch Jefferson...and you call Lexington metro the counties that touch Fayette

Louisville Metro: Add Nelson, Hardin, and Shelby County Schools (+11)
Lexington Metro: Add Woodford, Clark, Scott, and Bourbon Counties (+8)

Updated Totals Reflecting These Changes:
1. Lou. Metro= 69

2. NKY= 53

3. WKY= 47

4. EKY= 25

5. CKY= 18

6. Lex Metro= 14

7. SKY= 4
Since 2000

1. Lou Metro= 24 (Trinity X 11, Central X 5, Male X 2, St. Xavier X 2, DeSales X 2, Collins X 1, Bardstown X 1)

2. NKY= 18 (Highlands X 9, NewCath X 4, Beechwood X 3, Cov Holy Cross X 1, CovCath X 1)

3. WKY= 15 (Mayfield X 6, Bowling Green X 4, Fort Campbell X 3, South Warren X 1, Tilghman X 1)

t4. CKY=10 (Boyle County X 6, Danville X 3, Mercer County X 1)
t4. EKY= 10 (Belfry X 5, Breathitt County X 1, Pikeville X 1, Hazard X 1, Russell X 1, Bell County X 1)

6. Lex Metro= 4 (LCA X 2, LexCath X 1, Scott County X 1)

7. SKY= 1 (Pulaski Co X 1)
Seems to largely follow the population as would be expected
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Since 2000

1. Lou Metro= 24 (Trinity X 11, Central X 5, Male X 2, St. Xavier X 2, DeSales X 2, Collins X 1, Bardstown X 1)

2. NKY= 18 (Highlands X 9, NewCath X 4, Beechwood X 3, Cov Holy Cross X 1, CovCath X 1)

3. WKY= 15 (Mayfield X 6, Bowling Green X 4, Fort Campbell X 3, South Warren X 1, Tilghman X 1)

t4. CKY=10 (Boyle County X 6, Danville X 3, Mercer County X 1)
t4. EKY= 10 (Belfry X 5, Breathitt County X 1, Pikeville X 1, Hazard X 1, Russell X 1, Bell County X 1)

6. Lex Metro= 4 (LCA X 2, LexCath X 1, Scott County X 1)

7. SKY= 1 (Pulaski Co X 1)

So only 31 teams have won a state title since 00 and most of those only have one title. Weve been six classes for almost a decade now and its ridiculous that only 31 teams have a state title. Historically, there has been almost no parity in this state and its hurt more than its helped. Im not blaming the T, Highlands, and Mayfields etc. who have won title after title, but can there not be several teams get a program together and steal a title ever once in a while?

Just crazy to me.
He took all the fun out of it.
I glad to see WKY doing as well as they did.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Seems to largely follow the population as would be expected

By and large it does with the exception of Lexington.

Lexington for the most part just doesn't stack up.

Mayfield and Danville are outliers as "rural" teams with double digit championships. Really a testament to both programs.
Lexington is the most unusual case maybe in the entire country as to why they can't be more productive in football. The only thing I can figure is lville teams have been so dominant over the years that Lexington simply never had to want too to win a title.
Lexington is Basketball city. Clearly the best football team in the city this year was LexCath. Henry Clay is in rebuild mode. Bryan Station and Lafayette are mediocre. Tates Creek and PLD are horrible and LCA couldn't have came within 3 TD's of Pikeville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]