Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A 2016
Glacier Wrote:I think Bracken will be making a push for 2nd in that district next year, we return 21/22 starters next season and Brossart loses everything. Bracken has been beating them consistently at the younger levels for the last several years. Paris will still have speed but it will be interesting to see how hard graduation hit them because they lost a ton, if we were to ever beat them it will have to be the next year or so because they have been solid at the lower levels.

While the Polar Bears will forever hold my vote as having the greatest Mascot of all time, outside of the Polka(WV) "Dots", I think they will be improved next year, but not enough to win the district. They will need to find some more balance offensively and find another play maker to compliment their 1300 yard rusher from a season ago. You cant be one demensional and win in the post season, unless your named Belfry or Johnson Central.
I did my preseason top 10 records of the combined opponents non district records of each...

Beechwood 42-44
Russellville 31-48
Nicholas Co 29-38
Bethlehem 33-45
KCD 47-35

KCD is one of three whose opponents combine for winning records...
The teams mentioned above I will add the total number of games too..

Beechwood 7
Russellville 7
Nicholas 6
Bethlehem 7
KCD 7
I would say that Beechwoods is a little deceiving.Stiff compation where they play
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I would say that Beechwoods is a little deceiving.Stiff compation where they play

2 teams with losing records, 4 teams with winning records, each team has better than 5 wins... Weakest schedule in sometime.. But that same schedule will be better this year...
Beechwood a toughest opponent New Cath
Russellville- Franklin Simpson
Nicholas- West Carter
Bethlehem-Paris
KCD-Adair County
If the east side of Class A sleeps on Nicholas County this season they will get them. This will be the best team they have fielded ever. The coaching staff has been prepping this Senior group for all long time for this season. Many will be starters for their 3rd and some 4th seasons. They will win their district as no one will be able to compete with their size, strength, and skill. They may run the table in the regular season as they are just better up front. I see them facing Raceland in the regional finals.
Rams by eleventy billion!
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If the east side of Class A sleeps on Nicholas County this season they will get them. This will be the best team they have fielded ever. The coaching staff has been prepping this Senior group for all long time for this season. Many will be starters for their 3rd and some 4th seasons. They will win their district as no one will be able to compete with their size, strength, and skill. They may run the table in the regular season as they are just better up front. I see them facing Raceland in the regional finals.

Do they have any speed this year? That seemed to be their issue last year. They were definitely strong and physical.
thecoacher Wrote:Do they have any speed this year? That seemed to be their issue last year. They were definitely strong and physical.

Fairview wasn't slow last year and they nearly pulled the upset....
Does Nicholas Co. really have a shot at being a serious threat this season. This program typically struggles.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If the east side of Class A sleeps on Nicholas County this season they will get them. This will be the best team they have fielded ever. The coaching staff has been prepping this Senior group for all long time for this season. Many will be starters for their 3rd and some 4th seasons. They will win their district as no one will be able to compete with their size, strength, and skill. They may run the table in the regular season as they are just better up front. I see them facing Raceland in the regional finals.

wishful thinking on your part. not gonna happen.
pjdoug Wrote:wishful thinking on your part. not gonna happen.

Agreed. 10-23 last 3 years, all wins against bad teams. Another horribly bad schedule.
If Nicholas Co. had a more reliable staff that knew how to scheme and prepare and not just rely on kids talent they'd have a chance. Nicholas Co is one of those schools that has 4 coaches coaching 20 different sports, and they're all Nicholas Countians.
Thrillex Wrote:If Nicholas Co. had a more reliable staff that knew how to scheme and prepare and not just rely on kids talent they'd have a chance. Nicholas Co is one of those schools that has 4 coaches coaching 20 different sports, and they're all Nicholas Countians.

That is very typical of small town schools. Don't have the ability to hire large staffs. Also finding quality coaching in small communities is tough. I am not knocking the Nicholas staff. Making a general statement about small schools.
Raceland has one of best coaching staffs in Class A. Hard to find a staff with more quality coaches. Raceland program changed when the admins decided to start hiring good coaches for teaching positions.