Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCLA 87 Kentucky 77
Not much effort from UK in this one.
One of the worst performances from a UK team ive seen since the abysmal Wiltjer years.

Kentucky just doesn't have a good big man. I don't see how anyone could see Skal as a top NBA pick. They look as soft as UKs offensive line.

Gotte toughen up. Still a long time to go.
Confusednicker:
The good thing is it's still early in the season and there's a ton of time to improve. But you're right not too much positive to take from this one, with the exception of Briscoe. This team will lose their share of games but I think they'll be improved when it matters most. Skal has a long way to go, but I think he will eventually get it figured out. Let's hope it's sooner than later.
My only thoughts are, i'd much rather lose now than late March. This team will improve, I hope Marcus Lee is ok.
We do NOT have a big man that plays physical, we get pushed around and do not even want to get boards! Skal is weaker than pond water and seeing Tyler Ulis push him and tell him to man up was the best thing about this game. Hopefully that sparks a fire under Skal's butt because he is an incredible talent.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not even mad. This isn't last year's team and will need to improve throughout the season. I'm more excited about next year than I ever was this year especially if a few stay off this team.
One thing that get me more upset than anything is the play of Poythress. For five years now it seems he never gets any better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My thoughts exactly. I'm not even mad. This isn't last year's team and will need to improve throughout the season. I'm more excited about next year than I ever was this year especially if a few stay off this team.
One thing that get me more upset than anything is the play of Poythress. For five years now it seems he never gets any better.

He isn't playing like his normal self. He isn't flying around the court trying to dunk anything that gets close to the rim. The thought of that knee injury has to be bothering him in my opinion.
Wow, just did not see any energy or much desire to play which is what bothered me most. They can not play D, but are young and that should get better. Rebounding and getting 50/50 balls was terrible. I see some struggling this year and think next year is when they are really going to be good with many from this year returning and the new crop of players coming in. I still think this is going to be a fun year to watch and see how they grow. Can not get too upset about this game, they are young and first road game and it was on west coast. Let's hope they are playing better come 12/26
This will be the first of a few loses. UofL, Vandy, LSU to name a few. We play like this against Vandy and it will be a long game!
IRIS Wrote:This will be the first of a few loses. UofL, Vandy, LSU to name a few. We play like this against Vandy and it will be a long game!

I would not lump LSU in there, they are not playing well either.
looks like Cal will have to get the football pads back out when this team practices like he did couple yrs back and that got them tougher..
^I believe that is definite coming, because he acknowledged the fact that they are soft right now. What I'd do is let Ulis have a closed practice with them and let that little man strike the fear into their eyes like he did with Skal. LOL
sstack Wrote:I would not lump LSU in there, they are not playing well either.

Just my opinion. Ben Simmons is one of the best if not the best in men's basketball.
You could see this one coming and probably another one in Dec....Camp Cal will resume over Christmas break and hopefully this team will toughen up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Cal loses another game this year then we need to bring back TUBBY!