Poll: Who will win the 2A State Championship?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
85.71%
Newport Central Catholic
14.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Newport Central Catholic (2A State Championship)
Well with great sadness the time has come for our last game of the season, our traditional final game is played in December against a distant opponent that varies most years to make it more interesting. This year its Beechwood's brother, NCC. I think this should be a fun opponent for a change and am really looking forward to it!
Not Familiar with either team, so Ive gotta root for and pick the public school

Prediction
MHS- 41
NCCHS- 27
Prior to Gridiron Bowls, the privates were dominating all state titles. In football however, they only have 2 shots. One is NCC against my beloved Cards. The other is Lex Cath against the powerful Pirates from Belfry. In both of those games they are the underdogs. I hope ours doesn't go to the privates.
Could be a close game but Mayfield wins again with 2nd half magic.
GO MAYFIELD

Mayfield is a team that always finds a way to win. Look forward to our game next year and seeing myson55 and 64SUR get together for a little football talk.
I hope that I don't have to film the next time we get together so we can talk more.
Mayfield was down by two scores in the second quarter last week. They were being pummeled on both sides of the ball. Absolutely nothing was working on offense. Most teams would have just quit and taken their beating.
For them to turn the game around like they did was nothing short of remarkable. This is a team of destiny and I don't see them losing in bowling Green. Wirh their mental toughness and excellent coaching they will bring home yet another trophy to the football mecca of West kentucky.
I am having trouble getting into the flow of things this week. I went to breakfast today, but no game tonight.
Mayfield thoroughly impressed me last week in the way they fought back to defeat DeSales. I was ready to talk smack to 55 because I just knew they couldn't beat DeSales. Well they proved me wrong yet again.

The championship game was last week. This one may be close early, but Mayfield pulls away late.

Mayfield 35
NCC 17

You guys just need to move on up to 3A. Smile
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Mayfield thoroughly impressed me last week in the way they fought back to defeat DeSales. I was ready to talk smack to 55 because I just knew they couldn't beat DeSales. Well they proved me wrong yet again.

The championship game was last week. This one may be close early, but Mayfield pulls away late.

Mayfield 35
NCC 17

You guys just need to move on up to 3A. Smile

LOL hell no. PT doesn't want mayfield in 3a. It's bad enough losing to them once a year
I'm not convinced that Mayfield rolls in this one. They looked to have bought a lot of 2X jerseys and we seem to be buying a lot of mediums... not saying that we haven't overcome this week in and week out, but NCC has some athletes that could give us fits.
I'm feeling unwanted and insecure. We were in 1a and no one wanted us there and said for us to leave and go to 2a. We barely get going in 2a and now they don't want us here and are trying to kick us out to 3a. Then the 3a teams over here are saying they don't want us. We really aren't that bad of people.
It's official. I'm enroute. Should be there for the WKU game.
Think Sid Herndon will play a major factor in this game. Offense will have to play game of the year and so will defense. Prediction: mayfield- 28
NCC- 21
Take state!!!!
Don't take NCC lightly.,.
We won't. They wouldn't be here if they weren't a good team.
Let's go NCC. Come on up to 3A Mayfield, we like good competition.
With Mayfield somewhat healthy I think they win by 5TD's
Not sure we'd have the horses to compete with Belfry.. Boyle, Central and Lex Catholic would be awfully tough, too.. I'd love to play those guys though, just to see how we'd stack up.. I do think we'd still be a Top 5 team in that class..
Mayfield eeks out a close win in the final minutes! Enjoy yourselves in BG today...weather is supposed to be fantastic for football!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I will take a win by 1 if that's all we can do. I however think NCC is going to have a hard time scoring.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Since Myson started a thread about "Are we giving up", I thought I would post for the first time in about a year. I'm glad NCC made it back to BG for the 4th straight year. The guys in the mountains can "talk" all they want but they still haven't been able to produce anyone who can knock off NCC. Maybe they should try something different than just talking! As far as NCC's team goes, its a mirror image from the last years team, with a couple different wrinkles. This year they use a tightend, sometimes 2, as well as a fullback. This gives them more leverage in blocking postions instead of zone blocking with 5. They block the initial defender well, but they have a hard time getting to the second level. This is why Smith is not having as good of a year as he could of. Smith hurts you more as a screen player or in the slot to create space. Qb is has improved, but still has more to do. He needs to read faster, throw sooner, and run sooner when pressured. Besides Wrobleski, I don't see their receivers being better than last year, its a toss up. They might be taller, but they lack break away speed. Defensively, they are ok. I think the secondary is the weak point. The dline has a quick tackle, but teams make the mistake of running away from him. When he's hard counted and you run at him he plays high and 3 yards down field. If you run away from him you better make sure the block is sustained because he also makes a lot of tackles chasing from the backside. Linebackers are solid and react well, I think this is their strong point.
??? Belfry done more than talk they did beat them. When you lump " guys in the mountains " together I assumed you meant everyone From the mountains.
I like NCC and what they have accomplished but you made it sound like they could beat every team in the mountains.
If you guy's want to talk about the game, the n talk about the game. If you want to attack each other with childish comments, then there is no need to be on this site!

Remember, it's a privilege, not a right!