Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lex catholic 14 Lou central 13 Final
Belfry and Cath have to win another game to get to Bowling Geen.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry and Cath have to win another game to get to Bowling Geen.

What?Smile
Coachdad Wrote:Correct that quarterbacks lil legs ( lexCath)is what lost the game for Central.
As well as Centrals porous kicking game

Did the Catholic coach give the Central kid a shot on the sideline intentionally, or was it just him awkwardly trying to catch the kid. I thought fans were going to come unglued (I was on Central's side). It just didn't look good. I mean if you saw it, or had a better angle of what I'm talking about. But yep, Central missed field goals, and they did go for it once on 4th down I thought perhaps they should have tried the field goal. But I didn't know their kicker's ability, etc.. I still feel like Central was the better team. Both teams defenses adjusted well in different situations, IMO. It's just Catholics QB ended up being a big difference, maybe due to some good receivers and Central having to play so much coverage. Plus just using 5 wide and having the threat of the big running back, to either handoff to, or the little screen passes they would setup. I was surprised a finesse game beat Central, not unless you've got a Male roster, or some team like that...It was a great game, honor to watch it, and worth the 2+ hour drive.
smoke1015 Wrote:Did the Catholic coach give the Central kid a shot on the sideline intentionally, or was it just him awkwardly trying to catch the kid. I thought fans were going to come unglued (I was on Central's side). It just didn't look good. I mean if you saw it, or had a better angle of what I'm talking about. But yep, Central missed field goals, and they did go for it once on 4th down I thought perhaps they should have tried the field goal. But I didn't know their kicker's ability, etc.. I still feel like Central was the better team. Both teams defenses adjusted well in different situations, IMO. It's just Catholics QB ended up being a big difference, maybe due to some good receivers and Central having to play so much coverage. Plus just using 5 wide and having the threat of the big running back, to either handoff to, or the little screen passes they would setup. I was surprised a finesse game beat Central, not unless you've got a Male roster, or some team like that...It was a great game, honor to watch it, and worth the 2+ hour drive.

I sit in the press box , I can't see jack on the other sideline , lol
Crossbones Wrote:No, you said early on that Boyle was going to win it all! Even after Lexington Catholic beat them, you still said Boyle was going to win it all. Lets be honest here Jack.

I just went through all my posts back to last November and nowhere did I say Boyle would win it all I did say that the days of Belfry and Central dominating 3A were over with the addition of Boyle and Lexington Catholic, at the beginning of the year I thought Boyle or Catholic would win 3A and I still do.
Central is still a hard cat to clean up after just like Belfry in 3A. Catholic is good but they would not want to line up against Central again this week. This is a game that could have went either way.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I just went through all my posts back to last November and nowhere did I say Boyle would win it all I did say that the days of Belfry and Central dominating 3A were over with the addition of Boyle and Lexington Catholic, at the beginning of the year I thought Boyle or Catholic would win 3A and I still do.

My bad Jack! If you say you checked it then I believe you, I just know someone kept saying it and assumed it was you. Again, my apologies. But you did say Boyle was going to win the second Lexington Catholic game, if I'm not mistaken again and the Central game just to clarify.but I am sorry for making a false statement.:Thumbs:
I will say Belfry better be a little concerned this year. The only times they have beaten the speedy Central team, it was a very tight game. Now that same team, which by all accounts should be better this year than last, got beat before getting to Belfry. That means Belfry has to elevate their game that much more. I'm not saying they can't win it, I'm just saying any knowledgable fan should be a little more tight about this game this year.
Crossbones Wrote:My bad Jack! If you say you checked it then I believe you, I just know someone kept saying it and assumed it was you. Again, my apologies. But you did say Boyle was going to win the second Lexington Catholic game, if I'm not mistaken again and the Central game just to clarify.but I am sorry for making a false statement.:Thumbs:

I said it :biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:I will say Belfry better be a little concerned this year. The only times they have beaten the speedy Central team, it was a very tight game. Now that same team, which by all accounts should be better this year than last, got beat before getting to Belfry. That means Belfry has to elevate their game that much more. I'm not saying they can't win it, I'm just saying any knowledgable fan should be a little more tight about this game this year.

I kind of think that, but then again I don't know if Catholic has the overall speed to beat them. And I know they aren't as physical. The thing is, from what I saw, Catholic has good coaching and will be able to go toe to toe with Belfry's coach as far as gameplan and adjusting. But man I think Elizabethtown is a danger to beat Cathoic. E town is very very good. They have proven they can be down and come back, also, like Catholic did.
Coachdad Wrote:I sit in the press box , I can't see jack on the other sideline , lol

Ah gotcha, lol. It probably wasn't anything. We sat behind coach Scroggins mother and got to talk to her a bit. I had always wondered where the fan support at Central was, in the past. But they had a decent turnout that night. Plus I hear they always pick it up the further they go in the playoffs as far as fans. Catholic had a decent amount of fans but I guess I expected more from them as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will say Belfry better be a little concerned this year. The only times they have beaten the speedy Central team, it was a very tight game. Now that same team, which by all accounts should be better this year than last, got beat before getting to Belfry. That means Belfry has to elevate their game that much more. I'm not saying they can't win it, I'm just saying any knowledgable fan should be a little more tight about this game this year.
No one in their right mind would think Belfry is going to waltz to a title.

With that said we have heard predictions of Tilghman dominating the class. We have heard how Boyle would dominate the class from the jump. Now we are hearing that LexCath is the front runner.

Instead of proclaiming LexCath the new kings of 3A let's pay a little homage to the team who was won the last two Titles and return 7 starters from last season.

LexCatj may very well win it... Though unlikely it may even be Etown vs Corbin.. But the fact of the matter is for all the bold predictions that Belfry and Central should have just moved over and let Boyle and Central through we saw Central handle Boyle and if not for three missed FGs they would have beat LexCath

At the end of the day this is a very, very good class and odds are you won't see one team rule with an iron fist moving forward
I don't think Etown will pull it off. I do think if all things line up properly and Corbin is healthy, they could upset Belfry. I really expect it to be Lex Cath and Belfry though. That will be a dog fight. Too early to declare a winner but, I think we can rest assured it won't be easy.
Coachdad Wrote:Correct that quarterbacks lil legs ( lexCath)is what lost the game for Central.
As well as Centrals porous kicking game

Nah, Lex Catholic adjustment after halftime on defense was the difference. As fast and quick was Lou Central, that speed was neutralized just enough to keep them from scoring. And yes I was there.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No one in their right mind would think Belfry is going to waltz to a title.

With that said we have heard predictions of Tilghman dominating the class. We have heard how Boyle would dominate the class from the jump. Now we are hearing that LexCath is the front runner.

Instead of proclaiming LexCath the new kings of 3A let's pay a little homage to the team who was won the last two Titles and return 7 starters from last season.

LexCatj may very well win it... Though unlikely it may even be Etown vs Corbin.. But the fact of the matter is for all the bold predictions that Belfry and Central should have just moved over and let Boyle and Central through we saw Central handle Boyle and if not for three missed FGs they would have beat LexCath

At the end of the day this is a very, very good class and odds are you won't see one team rule with an iron fist moving forward

I would tend to disagree with what you said about 3 missed FG by Central and should have beaten Lex Catholic. Lets give credit where credit is due. Lou Central had ATHELTES and SPEED and can score at will. Lex Cath defensive adjustment, just enough speed to neutralize their speed, heart and will beat Central. Not to mention the 4 turnover that Lex Cath spotted Central and only managed 13 pts in the 1st quarter and half. That tells me Lex Cath won it, not because Lou Central gave the game away due to missed field goals/ PAT.
FBfan4life Wrote:I would tend to disagree with what you said about 3 missed FG by Central and should have beaten Lex Catholic. Lets give credit where credit is due. Lou Central had ATHELTES and SPEED and can score at will. Lex Cath defensive adjustment, just enough speed to neutralize their speed, heart and will beat Central. Not to mention the 4 turnover that Lex Cath spotted Central and only managed 13 pts in the 1st quarter and half. That tells me Lex Cath won it, not because Lou Central gave the game away due to missed field goals/ PAT.

I understand what you're saying.....but in the end....you have a one point game....with 3 missed FG's and a missed extra point.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I understand what you're saying.....but in the end....you have a one point game....with 3 missed FG's and a missed extra point.

I too understand what you're saying, but think about it. Lou Central is VERY EXPLOSIVE. They could have scored anywhere and anytime during that game, but like I mentioned Lex Cath bowed neck, stood their ground, played with BIG hearts and made the stops necessary to hold Lou Central to FG attempts. And one would think that a team like Central, forcing 4 turnover in a quarter and a half and would only capitalize by 13 pts.... That tells me that Lex Catholic did an outstanding job.
I saw it against Boyle County and it happened again Friday.

The most underrated part of LexCath is their red zone Defense.

Central and Boyle both saw impressive drives end with Field Goal attempts. That is the mark of a very good team.
smoke1015 Wrote:Ah gotcha, lol. It probably wasn't anything. We sat behind coach Scroggins mother and got to talk to her a bit. I had always wondered where the fan support at Central was, in the past. But they had a decent turnout that night. Plus I hear they always pick it up the further they go in the playoffs as far as fans. Catholic had a decent amount of fans but I guess I expected more from them as well.

That was an average amount of Central fans for a 3A playoff game I say about 800-1000 on centrals side because you have to count all the people who don't sit in the stands , I say the stands were about 4.5/10 capacity . As I have stated years in the past Central only packs their stadium full when they are playing their 6A city foes. You also have to factor in that there was also the Male/Trinity game DeSales/CAL , Holy Cross/ Beechwood and Fern Creek was playing 20 min from Louisville at south oldham , they had something going on at the convention center , Louisville Basketball was playing , Christmas on Ice was at the center for the arts, ect ect , but I always get bashed when I say there are a lot of other things going on in Louisville and that high school football does not shut the town down , but people don't understand that is a good amount of people in Louisville for a 3A high school football game
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think Etown will pull it off. I do think if all things line up properly and Corbin is healthy, they could upset Belfry. I really expect it to be Lex Cath and Belfry though. That will be a dog fight. Too early to declare a winner but, I think we can rest assured it won't be easy.

There isn't any way in hell Corbin beats Belfry. NO WAY. This will be a running clock, possibly before the half. Unless one of those lined up stars falls out and lands on Belfry's bus.
Coachdad Wrote:That was an average amount of Central fans for a 3A playoff game I say about 800-1000 on centrals side because you have to count all the people who don't sit in the stands , I say the stands were about 4.5/10 capacity . As I have stated years in the past Central only packs their stadium full when they are playing their 6A city foes. You also have to factor in that there was also the Male/Trinity game DeSales/CAL , Holy Cross/ Beechwood and Fern Creek was playing 20 min from Louisville at south oldham , they had something going on at the convention center , Louisville Basketball was playing , Christmas on Ice was at the center for the arts, ect ect , but I always get bashed when I say there are a lot of other things going on in Louisville and that high school football does not shut the town down , but people don't understand that is a good amount of people in Louisville for a 3A high school football game

Actually that explains a lot, or makes it make more sense. We debated on watching Male and Trinity. Central was just easier, plus we've always liked the atmosphere, even while getting our asses handed to us.
Every time that I look at the title of this thread, I think about how devastated those boys had to have been. They will still be searching for answers when next season starts. It's hard to understand how you can be so close to something that big to lose in that manner.
smoke1015 Wrote:There isn't any way in hell Corbin beats Belfry. NO WAY. This will be a running clock, possibly before the half. Unless one of those lined up stars falls out and lands on Belfry's bus.

if Belfry has to ride a bus to the game all of them must be from West Virginia,and Corbin should stay home since they have zero chance Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Every time that I look at the title of this thread, I think about how devastated those boys had to have been. They will still be searching for answers when next season starts. It's hard to understand how you can be so close to something that big to lose in that manner.

I respect Central and sympathize, but can't feel sorry

Three of their Championship wins over Belfry were decided by inches or one or two plays that went their way.

When you play at a very high level against top flight teams all it takes is one mental error or one extraordinary play being made. Sometimes you're the G.O.A.T and sometimes you're just the goat.
mysonis55 Wrote:Every time that I look at the title of this thread, I think about how devastated those boys had to have been. They will still be searching for answers when next season starts. It's hard to understand how you can be so close to something that big to lose in that manner.

Those guys understand life is bigger than football, there is probably plenty of real life stuff going on in all their lives , they will think about it for a few days then life goes on , world keeps on spinning
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I respect Central and sympathize, but can't feel sorry

Three of their Championship wins over Belfry were decided by inches or one or two plays that went their way.

When you play at a very high level against top flight teams all it takes is one mental error or one extraordinary play being made. Sometimes you're the G.O.A.T and sometimes you're just the goat.

EXACTLY no reason to feel sorry, it's a high school football game, yea it stings to lose but then every day life kicks back in