Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 44 Pike County Central 13
final
Congrats to Russell.
Pike Central was determined to keep 8 in the box. A bunch of passing yards for Russell.

Russell looked a bit hung over from last week.
Russell looked uninspired, especially in the first half. This was the worst they've looked on defense since the Ashland game. Too many missed tackles.

Jacob McKee had the best passing night I've seen from a Russell QB in a long time. 300+ yards passing with most of those yards hauled in by Landon Brewer. Brewer's got six touchdown catches and 400+ yards receiving in Russell's last four games.
Evan Ison played hard with the broken thumb. gutsy
Congrats Devils!
Likely last home game for seniors. This game played out like the entire season. Lack of a consistent running game has plagued this Team all year. Russell kids play hard and have excellent conditioning. Could go on and on about the offensive running scheme but no point square peg - round hole for the talent on this team. Passing game has progressed this year.
PCC played hard congrats to them. PCC played solid football for much of the game. I was impressed by the effort and execution those kids showed.
Congratulations to Russell!

It's been a really tough season for us, but I'm really proud of our kid's effort all season especially in this game. They really played their hearts out in this despite the score.

P.S I love the hospitality, everyone was super nice to us. I especially enjoyed talking to the man who runs the "Devil Fire", super, super nice guy!
Congrats on a Good Game Pike Central, Good Luck to Pike Central next season.