Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 56 Bath County 7
final
That was a beat down from the start.

Still boggles the mind how Fleming Co beat this team.
Russell had everyone back tonight with the exception of Jacob Howard who is done for the year with a torn acl.
Congrats to Russell.
Russell is on a roll of really embarrassing bad teams. It looks like the coach has gotten through to them after they were embarrassed by Fleming. No mercy. I like it.
So what's the tiebreaker look like now?
This is the time of year when the Senior players see the finish line to a race they may not ever run again. I think Russell is playing a lil banged up but playing with a lot of grit.
If Russell beats Raceland they win it. Probably win it regardless due to head to head win vs West Cartet.
Russell was lucky to win this one seeing how they aren't very physical.
Did Fleming County "poke the bear"? It seems like they have been on a roll since we beat them. Might have been a good thing for Russell.
I know the level of opposition hasn't been great, but can anyone recall Russell having a more statistically dominant three game stretch than the one they're on now? The last three weeks combined have been 183-13 in Russell's favor. The Devils are averaging 515 yards of total offense while giving up just 98 during this stretch.

Let's hope they can carry this offensive momentum into the playoffs.

Drey Boehm's really coming into his own as a playmaker for this team. Touchdown receptions, touchdown runs, kickoff return touchdowns, interceptions.... he's doing a little of everything right now.
Russell is going to be a tough out come playoff time. As a lc fan i think Russell has to be a favorite to win that game if it happens.
FBALL Wrote:If Russell beats Raceland they win it. Probably win it regardless due to head to head win vs West Cartet.

Fair or not, the head to head win vs West does not factor in the tiebreaker. If all steps are exhausted, then the commissioner will likely use that but in the three way tiebreaker, that doesn't matter.
cats3x Wrote:Fair or not, the head to head win vs West does not factor in the tiebreaker. If all steps are exhausted, then the commissioner will likely use that but in the three way tiebreaker, that doesn't matter.

Well Fleming is out due to number of opponents wins. It's down to Russell and West. In that case if they finish tied with the same number of opponents wins I do believe it will go back to head to head.

If Russell beats Raceland it doesn't matter.
One more week to sort tie breakers out.
FBALL Wrote:Well Fleming is out due to number of opponents wins. It's down to Russell and West. In that case if they finish tied with the same number of opponents wins I do believe it will go back to head to head.

If Russell beats Raceland it doesn't matter.

To make a long story short:
If Russell loses and West wins this week, and they end up tied after adding the points of the too 4 wins, they continue to look at the win totals of the teams they beat.

Due to this, West would have their victory over East (who has won one game), as the eventual tiebreaker. Lewis and Pendleton wins cancel out, and Russell's win over West (& West over Fleming) do not count I. This step of the tiebreaker is done before looking at head to head.

Very hard for the teams to be tied in step two (opponents wins) without West winning.

Russell can lose and still win the tiebreaker. It is also possible (though extremely unlikely) that they could win against Raceland and still lose the tiebreaker.
I think Fleming should get bonus points for having the cojones to go to Russell and beat them. Obviously no one else in the district could. West Carter played them at home and didn't beat them. Bath talked smack about this being their year under a new regime and couldn't get it done. It should be worth 10 bonus points at least. Lol
thecoacher Wrote:I think Fleming should get bonus points for having the cojones to go to Russell and beat them. Obviously no one else in the district could. West Carter played them at home and didn't beat them. Bath talked smack about this being their year under a new regime and couldn't get it done. It should be worth 10 bonus points at least. Lol

True, it was a big win for them.
The 3-way tiebreaker between Russell, West, and Fleming go as following heading into Week 10. Fleming County has two teams with possible 6 wins if they win next week and then remaining wins for Fleming County are 1 or 2 wins. Fleming will end up with 14 or 15 points so they are basically out of the #1 seed. Then you have West who beat Powell 6 or 7 wins, Nicholas with 5 or 6 wins, Bath 5 or 6 wins, and Magoffin with 2 wins. Bath plays Nicholas and West vs. Magoffin. West could end up with 20 points max. or 19 points. Russell has Greenup 5 wins, Ironton 6 wins, Bath 5 or 6 wins, and if we beat Raceland 5 wins. Russell would end up with max if beating Raceland with 21 points or 20 points. If Russell and West would both end up with 20 then it still goes to Russell with the Win over West Carter. It is basically between Russell and West and if Russell beats Raceland then Russell has 21 points. West Carter max points if Powell beat Lexington Christian and Bath beats Nicholas would be 20 Points or 19 points if LCA beat Powell. So, Russell beats Raceland and 1st place goes to Russell with 21 points to West 20 points.
way to go Russell.