Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAL 16 DeSales 0
Surprised to see DeSales shutout
Thought Desales would win this one. There goes the rankings.
CAL was the better team, at least they were tonight. Their defense is outstanding.
Didnt see this being a shutout either direction. Mayfield ppl have to be happy with this outcome. 2A west is going to be an all out brawl come late november.
I enjoyed watching this one. I learned a lot tonight. From what I saw tonight, I think CAL has too many weapons for this to be reversed in Nov. This has been a fun year of football so far. I like how tight things appear to be.
^ how do u like your chances 55?
Impressive by CAL but I wouldn't cast doubt on DeSales just yet. Last year CAL won the first game 17-0, in 2013 they won it 27-24, and in 2012 they won it 30-21. Want to guess how the second meeting turned out those years?
I hate to say this but I see light at the end of the tunnel for Mayfield. :truestory:
CAL could be that light. A big locomotive rolling down the tunnel with their lights on.
DeSales offense not very impressive, especially when passing. THe game is online for all to see which was nice
My take is that the team we need to be concerned about is Murray or Owensboro Cath winner.
I will say that Wburg of 14 would take either of what I saw last night.
55. Pm me back
Think a Desales/CAL rematch will happen, and should be a barnburner.
Idk.. after watching the game I think cal handles them..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Idk.. after watching the game I think cal handles them..

I haven't seen either of them. I haven't even seen Mayfield since McCracken game. By listening to the Murray game on radio it sounds like Mayfield has some work to do if they want a good run in the playoffs.
It sounds the same way it did last year after the first district game Killbilly. What happened? We played a good team without probably a top 5 back in the state of Ky. I would say that could pose a problem for any teams running game. Who didn't expect that?
Kill.. if u go to preps an pull up ds cal thread it's like on the second page.. follow link an u can watch whole game..ds looked huge on the line but they were slow cal kinda looks like us mixed with murray..ya first half our offense had no anwser for murray d. Passing still has to get better.. passing game is 50/50 coaching fault /player.. coaches shoulda seen wat was going on and ran diff plays.. Landon shoulda figured out to get it over the lineman,but even NFL qbs get it slapped down..as long as we continue to improve injury free .. we will be ok..
mysonis55 Wrote:It sounds the same way it did last year after the first district game Killbilly. What happened? We played a good team without probably a top 5 back in the state of Ky. I would say that could pose a problem for any teams running game. Who didn't expect that?

Good point. Going into the game I thought it would be tuff, and thought a loss was a real possibility. I would have been happy eve with a 1 point win.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Kill.. if u go to preps an pull up ds cal thread it's like on the second page.. follow link an u can watch whole game..ds looked huge on the line but they were slow cal kinda looks like us mixed with murray..ya first half our offense had no anwser for murray d. Passing still has to get better.. passing game is 50/50 coaching fault /player.. coaches shoulda seen wat was going on and ran diff plays.. Landon shoulda figured out to get it over the lineman,but even NFL qbs get it slapped down..as long as we continue to improve injury free .. we will be ok..

I never would have believed from the 1st time I seen them scrimmage Milan that the passing game would be a problem. It was extremely windy in Marshall County that night so im assuming it was in Mayfield, and could see why it wasn't at its best.
Having a really outstanding RB tends to help open up the passing game. That's what people are missing. If teams are putting 8 in the box to stop the run, they can't cover all the receivers.
DeSales could miss their shot to finally play Mayfield.
:thatsfunn:hilarious:
mysonis55 Wrote:Having a really outstanding RB tends to help open up the passing game. That's what people are missing. If teams are putting 8 in the box to stop the run, they can't cover all the receivers.

true story.
ontopofthewest Wrote::thatsfunn:hilarious:

:biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:My take is that the team we need to be concerned about is Murray or Owensboro Cath winner.

The team Mayfield needs to be concerned about is the team they are playing that particular week. :ChairHit:
We've been doing this year after year for better than 100 years. I'm sure they know not to overlook anyone.