Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 3
hop24 Wrote:See posts 1 and 8. Get to play again next year as well:Clap:

If SK gets a win against H next year the overall series will be 25-3.... closing in on us. Its a shame SK cant get a trophy in the old case for beating a 1-5 Highlands team... would be a nice addition to the cobwebs
mantax Wrote:Define an 'athlete' for me then will you? You keep saying this and I find it absolutely hysterical. They have enough 'athletes' if they would decide to play them on both sides of the ball and quit trying to play kids that are nowhere close to being varsity ready. An athlete does not have to run cross country or track. You can evaluate kids there, but leave the football analysis to those that at least know what they are talking about.

Highlands came to play in this game and it simply blew up with 3 picks inside the 25 yard line and another in the end zone. Been a big big problem all year and will be interested to see if it finally gets addressed during the bye week. Continuing to put the same kids out on the field is going to provide the same results that have occurred early on this year.

Time is now to take your best 15-25 players and they do everything from special teams, to defense and to offense. One of best 5 offensive lineman is probably playing 3rd string QB and another is playing only on the defensive line. Two of the best defensive lineman are only taking snaps on the offensive side of the ball. You have 9 receivers and cannot get the ball to them, so you move them to defense at OLB/DE, corner and safety and instantly make yourself better.

And you are an expert? Why? Because you played high school ball and have a son on the team. He is one of the "athletes" on the team, but sorry they do not have enough of him! I agree they need to play best players both ways, but still do not see this as still being enough to turn this team into a winning team.
sstack Wrote:And you are an expert? Why? Because you played high school ball and have a son on the team. He is one of the "athletes" on the team, but sorry they do not have enough of him! I agree they need to play best players both ways, but still do not see this as still being enough to turn this team into a winning team.

Now you do not know if you do not try correct? Whole point that has been made for weeks. Numerous kids in this program would make this team substantially better if they were actually playing on both sides of the ball and perhaps even on special teams. The kickoff return game needs to be better than it has been.
I said both ways before this season even started. I know what they have. But they have to be in shape to go both ways. Seeing how fast you can run 10 yards does not get you in shape. But running 50 twenty yards sprints AFTER practice does. And then add 5 every week. We were running 100 by the end of the year. We all went both ways and NO ONE got tired
Example. When Cooper beat Highlands they had a lot of kids going both ways. But they were gassed at halftime and at the end of the game. Reason? Not in good enough condition. If Cooper would have been in shape. They would have hung at least 50 points on the board
Highlands getting beat down. Love it
Blue/Red Wrote:Highlands getting beat down. Love it

I'm sure LCC is quite used to knowing what a beat down and a running clock feels like. Confusednicker:
All great programs go through down times, it's just the way it is. I'm not a big Highlands fan, but I do have a ton of respect for what they have accomplished in the past. There is too much pride and enthusiasm around the program, for the Bluebirds to be down for a long period of time. I have noticed, the majority of fans who are "kicking" Highlands, while being down, are usually the same fans that are used to be kicked around by Highlands, year in and year out!!!
sstack Wrote:They are this year. Just not a good team. Lacking athletes at all positions
Didn't they stop taking in kids from outside of Fort Thomas? Guess they'll "coincidentally" open up the enrollment boundaries again next year.

Seriously, I was talking to a friend that went to Highlands and played football because he's always at the Wings & Rings behind my place and his girlfriend bartends there, which he lived in Newport and listed at least 7 other players that were from nowhere near Fort Thomas (graduated in '06, I think).
Talon Wrote:Wow what has happened to Highlands? Are they missing Muller ( spelling? ) that bad?
I didn't think he'd make that big of a difference because of everyone talking about "how great their feeder program is," (which, as I noted above, might be some of it, but it's also complete garbage to suggest that they're all from near the school), but it's looking like it might be because of Dale. I figured other coaches might have learned from him in all the years, but you can't really teach to have a mind like that.
birdman44 Wrote:is this the last year of H.S. football? Highlands is now 99-1 with winning seasons.... boo hoo. im still kinda high from all championships and rings. Did everyone think that H could be boss every year? cant happen... Im really surprised the birds haven't really had a bad year before this. Really it shows how great that 100 year run really was. we are humans in Fort Thomas after all.

Its funny that all the kids on this 1-5 H team have 2 more rings than the entire program history of SK.

HA!!

It's like the saying about the Steelers go but just changed the name to Highlands:

Quote:How does a Highlands fan change a lightbulb? They don't, they just talk about how good the old one was!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
You want to talk about Highlands having kids from out of district, how about your alma mater? So how did the 5 kids from Boone County end up at CCH of all places a few years back? This whole bit about Highlands getting tuition students is simply nothing more than laughable. The he said, she said, it said, bartender said, cab driver said is pure nonsense. Moving into the district does not make you a "tuition" student now does it? CovCath draws students from all 3 counties in NKY as well as across the river in Ohio does it not? Especially with the basketball program.

Be careful where you point especially when you know it can blow back in your face.
mantax Wrote:Define an 'athlete' for me then will you? You keep saying this and I find it absolutely hysterical. They have enough 'athletes' if they would decide to play them on both sides of the ball and quit trying to play kids that are nowhere close to being varsity ready. An athlete does not have to run cross country or track. You can evaluate kids there, but leave the football analysis to those that at least know what they are talking about.

Highlands came to play in this game and it simply blew up with 3 picks inside the 25 yard line and another in the end zone. Been a big big problem all year and will be interested to see if it finally gets addressed during the bye week. Continuing to put the same kids out on the field is going to provide the same results that have occurred early on this year.

Time is now to take your best 15-25 players and they do everything from special teams, to defense and to offense. One of best 5 offensive lineman is probably playing 3rd string QB and another is playing only on the defensive line. Two of the best defensive lineman are only taking snaps on the offensive side of the ball. You have 9 receivers and cannot get the ball to them, so you move them to defense at OLB/DE, corner and safety and instantly make yourself better.

The Highlands program has grown to close to 100 players. Part of the draw was the number of guys that touched the field each game - Subs within the platoons and guys playing special teams and winning seasons.

My thought - its hard for the head coach to shut this system down to playing 25 to 30 guys since he was directly involved in building the system.

Lets hope he shortens the list of guys touching the field during a critical game but I do not think he can afford nor should he have to in all remaining games in the season.
I agree. When both ways needed You gotta do it.
WideRight05 Wrote:I'm sure LCC is quite used to knowing what a beat down and a running clock feels like. Confusednicker:

And it looks like you need to start getting use to it.
mantax Wrote:You want to talk about Highlands having kids from out of district, how about your alma mater? So how did the 5 kids from Boone County end up at CCH of all places a few years back? This whole bit about Highlands getting tuition students is simply nothing more than laughable. The he said, she said, it said, bartender said, cab driver said is pure nonsense. Moving into the district does not make you a "tuition" student now does it? CovCath draws students from all 3 counties in NKY as well as across the river in Ohio does it not? Especially with the basketball program.

Be careful where you point especially when you know it can blow back in your face.

Most kids come from Kenton County. I don't ever remember any from Campbell County and very few from Boone.

They also come for the academics, for the family of the school, the tradition, and for the Catholic education, as well as many other reasons. If they come just for sports or they don't fit into the Catholic setting of a family, they're normally rooted out and don't last, which was the case with the kids from Boone years back that ended up at Highlands. They were going strictly for sports.

If students only came to CCH for sports, they'd be a Single A school.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Blue/Red Wrote:And it looks like you need to start getting use to it.

Oh, I will. It'll be nice to see Highlands force a few running clocks on their opponents now.
BFritz Wrote:Most kids come from Kenton County. I don't ever remember any from Campbell County and very few from Boone.

They also come for the academics, for the family of the school, the tradition, and for the Catholic education, as well as many other reasons. If they come just for sports or they don't fit into the Catholic setting of a family, they're normally rooted out and don't last, which was the case with the kids from Boone years back that ended up at Highlands. They were going strictly for sports.

If students only came to CCH for sports, they'd be a Single A school.

At Highlands before each home game the starters for both offense and defense announce their name and the grade school they attended on the big screen.

I would love to see other schools like CCH do this. Note: Big screen not required.
WideRight05 Wrote:Oh, I will. It'll be nice to see Highlands force a few running clocks on their opponents now.

Highlands has been running from the clock this year hopping the games will end soon
Blue/Red Wrote:Highlands has been running from the clock this year hopping the games will end soon

Letcher County Central has been running from playoff success for a decade.
My old friend Tampax, my have the tables have turned. Seems u have been exposed, now I can put a name to the gutless punk that was running his mouth. Ur no expert my friend, that's for sure. I'll just sit back and laugh and laugh.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:My old friend Tampax, my have the tables have turned. Seems u have been exposed, now I can put a name to the gutless punk that was running his mouth. Ur no expert my friend, that's for sure. I'll just sit back and laugh and laugh.

Oh wise one, please show us the way. Once a tool, always a tool. Everyone knows that in NKY you are the one and only self proclaimed expert right? What are you doing with your free time these days? Bashing more kids and coaches at NCC?
Reality is a funny thing. I think ur finding that out. Only coach I've ever bashed at ncc is Dave Schneider, no way that guy should be coaching at any level.