Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 42 Harlan County 21
Demarcus ware Wrote:The Jags are getting to enjoy success after years of hard work from the players, and coaching staff. The schedule is what it is, can't help it if the district is probably one of the worst in KY football. They've done exactly what has been ask of them, and that's win. Could the non-district schedule be tougher? I'm sure it could but for this year it is what it is. Just keep winning Jags and don't listen to the haters. As for Jag fans bragging or whatever I just haven't seen it, nothing wrong with being proud of your team being undefeated this season so far. Take it from a beatdown, very depressed HC fan you don't always get these kind of years and when you do, enjoy them :Cheerlead

Exactly. I've been a fan forever, I still don't know how good we are this year as compared to other strong teams in this area, but I do know we are light years from where we used to be. For way too long, we were everybody's homecoming game. I think most everyone in the area respects the job that Chris Larkey has done, but as far as respecting the team as a real threat to go deep into the postseason, we first have to do something in the postseason, I get that. For crying out loud, last year was our first playoff win! Ever! It takes a while to make believers with a track record like that.

I do think this team potentially could be 11-0 going into week 2 of the playoffs like a poster said earlier. That would get you a home game with one of the Pulaski's, where a win or even a loss, as long as it was competitive to the end, would go a long way towards getting a more positive outlook from folks on the outside looking in.
Nothing I have read has been a beat down on North Laurel. Everything that I have read has said they are good but its hard to tell how good. Unfortunately the schedule is what it is, and we probably won't find out until playoffs. Congrats on a great season and a probable undefeated season as well. Not many can say they been apart of something like that.
Ninja Wrote:**lose

if you say so... :HitWall:

I c huke on fonics worked fer u!!!:lame:
You can say what you want when you want; somebody somewhere will have a problem with it! LOL If Harlan County was undefeated at this point in the season, I would be screaming from the roof tops! AND, I wouldn't care who I made mad!

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Jags because of their coach. I know what family means to the Larkeys, and I can't tell you how much I respect that.

So, the Jags will win until they lose. And if their fans are smart, they will enjoy every single second of it!!!
I am proud of the Jags. Regardless of what any fan from another team may say, they just don't know this team and our struggles in this county.
NL has had really good success in the past four or so years and it has really carried over. Who would've thought though that this season with so many sophomores starting and in key roles that the record would be 6-0.
I'm sure the schedule was made with the same thought that NL would be starting I think 6-8 10th graders at key positions. I was shocked at the low turnout for Harlan County because I've seen them pack the visitors side before but not last night. Also the score may have been close but I never felt like Harlan County threatened.
Yes it was 14-7 at half but then it was also 27-7 at one point late in 3rd quarter. I've read on here twice now that North made score look worse because of onside kicks but lets not kid ourselves. Harlan County couldn't stop North last night. Jaguars had 379 yards rushing and 62 passing, that is almost 450 yards of offense compared to 42 rushing and 160 passing for the Bears and that includes a thirty yard fumble recovery for a touchdown for the Bears.
On the plays that NL scored after the onside kicks it wouldn't have mattered where they started from because Nelson and McWhorter broke loose each time and couldn't be tackled. Best team won and it was comfortably after halftime IMO. I saw a bunch of hard nosed kids on both sides of the ball.
North Laurel is obviously good, just how good, time will tell. If they take care of business as expected, they will more than likely host Southwestern in the 2nd round of the playoffs, which will be a winnable game for them, especially at home.

Enjoy the ride because these kind of seasons don't come around every year.:Thumbs:
Anyone that has followed what I have been saying here since I joined, knows, I have been a JAG fan since I got back in this area (A buddy I work with drug me to his kids football game and I was hooked). I wanted a team to follow and started following these Sophomore Jags in Middle School. I knew then, they were the BOMB - they just had so much determination and hard nosed ability. It has been so much fun watching them mature and come in to their own. Honestly since so many of them are starting this year I have been OK with the schedule. I felt like they could learn a LOT and possibly not get hurt bad in the process with that schedule. I knew any of these teams could be tuff competition, but felt like they could handle it, not sure their Coach wasn't of the same mind set. I would be remiss if I didn't say how impressed with the upper classmen in this group, we have been - they have set a really good example for these young sophomores, what a great bunch of Seniors. We have got to know some of them and they are terrific young men. I think personally everything is working out well for the JAGS, this season and as others have pointed out, it doesn't matter what anyone says about their schedule one way or the other, the JAG fans are going to be fans win or lose. 5 years from now all anyone will remember was their record and that this was the team that broke the school record for most consecutive wins. Anything else that happens the rest of the season is just whipped cream with a cherry on top. It's all good! :yes:
NL's Nelson had 196 yds, 3 TD's & 39 yd TD reception. Mcwhorter had 170 yds, 2 TD's, 2 passes for 50 yds and a TD.
Iv'e seen the schedule thing go a lot of different ways in my life. I've seen teams with their chest stuck out about how hard their schedule is only to get decimated by injuries playing in slobberknocker type games all season and end up a shadow of the team they were at the start. I've seen teams with what was considered weak schedules go on and beat all the good teams who were crying about how weak it was. I've seen teams with weak schedules go all the way to state and come a hair of beating dominating teams like Williamsburg-v- Mayfield last season and I've also seen teams with a tough schedule go all the way. I think it comes down to the caricature of the team and coaches and their ability to realize who they are playing and to be real with themselves about who they are beating and to approach every game like a learning experience and to get better each game in preparation for the next. They key to getting better is to play teams who can test your weaknesses with a certain strength that they have and to schedule a few teams who are capable of beating you, but that you also have a chance against. Playing teams who beat you soundly is a double edge sword because games like that can teach you some things, but it can also hurt the kids confidence and morale and slow the learning and improvement process. Looking at NL's schedule I do think they have some teams who are very weak and have no chance, but I also think they have a few who are capable of beating em. As long as they are getting better and smarter every game I think they will be alright.