Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle County
45.45%
Somerset
54.55%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County @ Somerset 9/25
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Lovell is not the fastest one the team. And his first step is down fall. You know nothing about this team. Somerset will probably have three of the fastest players on field

No Somerset wont have the 3 fastest kids on the team.
I watched Lovell plenty and he is very fast, as is McClure

We also have one of the top def lineman in the state in Kirby

I know a lot and cant help i work in pc, it aint home to me
Shades of the old ROCK, could come to the surface at any time, it's hard to go against them, but I think Somerset will pull this one off, 14-20 Somerset!
former Wrote:No Somerset wont have the 3 fastest kids on the team.
I watched Lovell plenty and he is very fast, as is McClure

We also have one of the top def lineman in the state in Kirby

I know a lot and cant help i work in pc, it aint home to me

No... Just no.

10 for Rock, I'm assuming that is McClure, has decent speed. He doesn't have the speed Somerset Has at multiple positions. Hatcher, Doan, CornettX2 are all faster... Sorry.

Rock DOES have the advantage in size and physicality I'll restate that. But you are delusional if you think that 10 is faster than anybody on the field. As for the defensive lineman... you need to travel outside this region.
JumperPride1 Wrote:No... Just no.

10 for Rock, I'm assuming that is McClure, has decent speed. He doesn't have the speed Somerset Has at multiple positions. Hatcher, Doan, CornettX2 are all faster... Sorry.

Rock DOES have the advantage in size and physicality I'll restate that. But you are delusional if you think that 10 is faster than anybody on the field. As for the defensive lineman... you need to travel outside this region.

Kirby was picked as top 50 players in the state adn one of few Jrs who made the list.

Lovell is very fast

We are not huge on the line, but yes we are physcial
Somerset is not world beater and Rock isn't either but I do see it being a closer game than many think, Somerset pulls away in fourth quarter to win 28 - 14.
former Wrote:Kirby was picked as top 50 players in the state adn one of few Jrs who made the list.

Lovell is very fast

We are not huge on the line, but yes we are physcial

Ive seen both programs play this season. Reading thr above statement among others you've posted on this thread leads me to believe you have not.
Somerset
In all seriousness I think this game a rivalry like it was in the early 90's. I know things got heated right before they dropped each other in 94 or 95. Allways play each other hard on the basketball courts and the baseball diamond.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Lovell is not the fastest one the team. And his first step is down fall. You know nothing about this team. Somerset will probably have three of the fastest players on field

I think former sings soprano in the Pulaski County choir.
pjdoug Wrote:I think former sings soprano in the Pulaski County choir.

:hilarious:

Reckon he could do the "weee eee eee eee....eee eee eee eee eee" part from the "The Lion Sleeps tonight?"....

or the "a wheem a wheh a wheem a wheh part?

Im actually a great singer

I still say somerset is underestimating the speed of our backs.

Yeah we all know somerset has some fast kids too, but we also do to
Never said rock didn't have speed, they just don't have somerset type speed. Trust me the kids and staff at somerset are not underestimating Rock, it's going to be a dog fight. We all know that.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Never said rock didn't have speed, they just don't have somerset type speed. Trust me the kids and staff at somerset are not underestimating Rock, it's going to be a dog fight. We all know that.

It sounds to me that everyone in somerset is bragging about how much faster everyone is than our kids and we have no speed.

I bet if Lovell breaks through they dont catch him. The kid is fast

And Im related to the Lovells and watch him quite often
former Wrote:It sounds to me that everyone in somerset is bragging about how much faster everyone is than our kids and we have no speed.

Nobody is denying Rock has a little bit of speed in the backfield. Saying that Rock has the fastest player on the field, however, is asinine. Somerset has gone 2-2 with "the fastest player on the field" this season, probably SHOULD be 3-1 with the only loss coming to Beechwood... That said speed isn't the only factor that wins ball games nor is it the most important factor usually unless teams are otherwise evenly matched.

Tomorrow will take care of itself. The better team will win. If Doan, Cornett (either one), or Hatcher get in space with nothing but green in front of them you may change your tune.

Good luck, travel safe if you're coming to the Patch.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Nobody is denying Rock has a little bit of speed in the backfield. Saying that Rock has the fastest player on the field, however, is asinine. Somerset has gone 2-2 with "the fastest player on the field" this season, probably SHOULD be 3-1 with the only loss coming to Beechwood... That said speed isn't the only factor that wins ball games nor is it the most important factor usually unless teams are otherwise evenly matched.

Tomorrow will take care of itself. The better team will win. If Doan, Cornett (either one), or Hatcher get in space with nothing but green in front of them you may change your tune.

Good luck, travel safe if you're coming to the Patch.

Agree speed is not the only thing needed to win a football game. I'll take any of the 4 mentioned above in a foot race with any player on Rock's Team. Good Luck to both teams. Should be a Great High School Football Game.:Clap:
I went to the Garrard County game to watch Rockcastle. They are smallish with decent speed. They played pretty good defense except for a couple of busted plays and really need to find their offensive stride. They were short a couple of pretty decent players during that game which hurt them. If everyone is back and they are healthy, and...they play defense then it should be a game. I was impressed with the way a couple of them hit during the game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free game.
former Wrote:It sounds to me that everyone in somerset is bragging about how much faster everyone is than our kids and we have no speed.

I never said rock doesn't have speed nor am I bragging about somerset's speed. You said Rock would have the fastest kids on the field and that just isn't true I'm not taking anything away from Lovell hes a heck of a player and I expect him to have a good game. He is fast but Corrnett and Doan have game changing speed. With that said speed means nothing if the opposing team's defensive line makes a living in your back field. If somerest fails to get their playmakers into open field we may be in for a long night.
Somerset is bigger than the rock. So who said rock had size is wrong the rock will be the smallest team every game they play . but they do seem strong
Rock has to control Hatcher to win. He makes big plays throwing off sprint outs and also running the ball. He has the ability to get the ball to the Cornetts who are both play makers. If you over play him Doan will take one to the house.
If the young Jumpers will show up to play from start to finish, I think they win.

However, Rock is very, very capable of taking advantage or every thoughtless mistake made by those in the purple jerseys.

I'm glad to see this rivalry renewed and many thanks to both coaches for the decision. Regardless of tomorrow's outcome, SHS and the Rock always comprise a solid/competitive non-district contest between two traditionally solid, nearby programs. Most years, it should provide both a worthwhile, less-pressure "trial run" for upcoming district and playoff games.

My only complaint lies with the fact that this is Somerset's homecoming. Really?? Coach Lucas likely had minimal influence on the decision, but somebody making these decisions is clearly asleep at the switch.

Gimme the Jumpers by less than a TD:

SHS - 33

RCHS - 28
The rain tonight is going to take the quickness and speed advantage away from Somerset and it's going to be harder to catch wet balls in the rain

Rock will hopefully be prepared ad take advantage of this