Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation
Bobcat4years Wrote:Southwestern Pulaski , Boyle Co, Lincoln Co., Perry Central, Knox Central, South Laurel and sure that they are more that broke this rule..
KHSAA should look at Tennessee and change the rule on scrimmages..
Don't get me wrong, the rule is 1scrimmage and we broke it.. Pay price and go on.. Needs to be changed for the game.

So south laurel went to camp and scrimmaged who
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With how weak some districts are you would be foolish not to take the extra scrimmage to be honest. If you are a 6A school playing great teams every week I could see taking the BYE and playing Week 0, or a team in a 3-team district who schedules a bear of a schedule..

If you are a smaller school and have two teams in your District that you will have a running clock on in the First Half it's almost as good as a BYE anyway. Take the extra scrimmage.

Personally I am a little surprised some teams don't play two scrimmages and only 9 regular season games on purpose.

I whole heartedly agree with the bottom. I've wondered that myself.

Or some of these teams that struggle with numbers, and injuries throughout the year are inveitable; why not just scrimmage once and play 9 games. Nothing says you HAVE to play 10 games.
Well considering you can only play 10 games a year in the regular season at most may be the reason everybody wants too. 9 games means most likely that every other year you will only play four home games as well. That's a big money loss to some schools. It's also kind of wrong in the fact that these kids start practicing in early July and don't quit until November or December depending on how far they make it and then turn around and lift weights all winter. Seems to me 10 games is a must. Imagine playing nine games and having a kid who failed to break the rushing record in this state by 5 yards. That wouldn't feel too good.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Southwestern Pulaski , Boyle Co, Lincoln Co., Perry Central, Knox Central, South Laurel and sure that they are more that broke this rule..
KHSAA should look at Tennessee and change the rule on scrimmages..
Don't get me wrong, the rule is 1scrimmage and we broke it.. Pay price and go on.. Needs to be changed for the game.

So who did Boyle scrimmage early this year?
Southwestern and Boyle scrimmages at Jabeez and then scrimmages outside camp