Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ W. Jessamine 9/4
I am going to stick with North Laurel again this week, even though it is an away game. They just seem to be building well on this season, getting it together as it goes along. North Laurel, by 2 TD's!
Tight End Wrote:I am going to stick with North Laurel again this week, even though it is an away game. They just seem to be building well on this season, getting it together as it goes along. North Laurel, by 2 TD's!

I wish that North Laurel would have played a tougher schedule this year, believe that it would have helped them come playoff time. I noticed that the first 5 teams they play are 0-10, so it may be a while before they really get tested.
Easy win for North 42-14
Jags get win #3 Friday night. The O-line along with Nelson & Company been looking good so far in the early season. I'd say Coach Black will be getting the DB's tuned up after the Harrison Co game and hoping to see McWhorter go to the air some in this one. Jags by 3 TD's. Go Jags!!
Jags win
SEKYFAN Wrote:I wish that North Laurel would have played a tougher schedule this year, believe that it would have helped them come playoff time. I noticed that the first 5 teams they play are 0-10, so it may be a while before they really get tested.

I wondered about that after the redistrict the KHSAA laid on them, should have left it the way it was as it worked out they were trying to equal it up & one team dropped down to 4 and left it un-even anyway. It would have been fine left the way it was. North, has been on the upward swing for several years, I think they would have done fine right where they were at.
North Laurel wins in a big way. :Cheerlead

North Laurel 56
W. Jessamine 07
North Laurel keeps on rolling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
North with a running clock in this one....be a good time to work on the passing game. North may run the table this season at 10-0. Unfortunately it will not do much to help prepare for week 2 of the playoffs. Need an upgrade in schedule to take the next step.
Jags by 26.
North Laurel 43
West Jess 14
Leonards_loser Wrote:North with a running clock in this one....be a good time to work on the passing game. North may run the table this season at 10-0. Unfortunately it will not do much to help prepare for week 2 of the playoffs. Need an upgrade in schedule to take the next step.

Bingo. We have a winner.
The mighty Jaguars will take it - 34-28. Good luck to the players and coaches in preparation this week!
West Jessamine is awful and play North and Whitley in back to back weeks. They could easily give over a 100 points up in those two games.
jags by 28
North Laurel.
I think North will keep on rolling. I agree with who ever said they should have left the District alone. Hope they can improve enough with the schedule to make some noise in the play offs! Could be done!
Wellllll....if it was last years district setup, we would probably be in line for another third place finish, which would mean a first round road game, then even with a win, a second round game at one of the Pulaskis, same scenario as last year. Under this setup, we have a real shot at winning the district, which would mean a home game and probable win in playoff week one, then the second place Pulaski team at home in week 2, where we would at least have a punchers chance. I'm all for competition, and I wish our non-district schedule had at least a couple more stronger teams on it, but we've had such little football success I'll take whatever breaks we can get. And while I do think this may turn out to be our best team ever, I wouldn't raise a district banner just yet. Whitley and Perry Central so far look like the two teams in the district that could give us trouble, and guess what? We get both of them on the road.
Van Hagar Wrote:Wellllll....if it was last years district setup, we would probably be in line for another third place finish, which would mean a first round road game, then even with a win, a second round game at one of the Pulaskis, same scenario as last year. Under this setup, we have a real shot at winning the district, which would mean a home game and probable win in playoff week one, then the second place Pulaski team at home in week 2, where we would at least have a punchers chance. I'm all for competition, and I wish our non-district schedule had at least a couple more stronger teams on it, but we've had such little football success I'll take whatever breaks we can get. And while I do think this may turn out to be our best team ever, I wouldn't raise a district banner just yet. Whitley and Perry Central so far look like the two teams in the district that could give us trouble, and guess what? We get both of them on the road.

You make some good points. Being a fan for several years now, I want this team in particular to do well, since they were the kids that were Frosh when I jumped on the wagon. I think from what I hear they will be probably the best team North has ever had. Hoping for continued success for these kids, I just think they are a really good group. My Buds and I sure have enjoyed watching them play. :flame:
Jaguars will roll on Friday like Oprah through a dozen cupcakes.
North 42 to 21
E's Army Wrote:Jaguars will roll on Friday like Oprah through a dozen cupcakes.

:pondering: