Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Maroons college prospects
Riley Hall gets all the pub but I wonder when the Maroons staff are going to start promoting the best college prospect on their roster in Mason Helton? The kid has D1 size and the strength but not much buzz around him. While Hall is a nice player I think the Helton kid is your big time talent and equal in value to this team and how bout some pub for the best all around player in the Pulaski area in George Gregory? Jesse Whitaker? Dont believe me go watch em play one night.
What are the credentials on those guys? Height, weight, 40 time, any other information you might have.
Pulaski has several guys that will (or should) be playing on Saturdays.
Has Hall received any offers yet?

Surprisingly hasn't been a lot of recruiting buzz with him but I think he will make someone a fine QB at the next level. Would be an excellent fit for a FCS school or like MAC school such as Ohio, Miami (OH), etc
Since were talking next level talent, id like to see a top 3-5 player list from each Pulaski area school. Whom from your respected school has the most potential to make that leap?
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Since were talking next level talent, id like to see a top 3-5 player list from each Pulaski area school. Whom from your respected school has the most potential to make that leap?

I'll bite on that:
I think as far as the jumpers are concerned you have Hatcher, Doan, and both Cornett boys, there are several others that could make the leap but those are the ones that stand out to me

I think pulaski: Hall, Johnson, Helton are the best three.

Southwestern: Edwards, and the kid they call Turbo (no idea of his real name)

There is some nice talent in our area
Lots of great talent in the county. PC has 2 great players in Riley Hall and Blake Johnson. Helton and Gregory are very talented also. Jumpers will be much improved this year and the Warriors will be a region contender as well. Looking forward to the season!!
I would think danny butt not playing football will hurt SW some.
I don't know a lot about the other schools recruiting but there are at least four at SW that are getting some college recruiting interest:

Patrick Edwards - Sophomore, proved himself as a freshman with almost 1300 rushing yards even though he missed regional championship game with injury. Much bigger and stronger over the winter.

Floyd Fannin - Junior, defensive end has proven himself for several years as a top defensive player in both games and camps.

Austin Dalton - Junior, defensive tackle at 6'4" and 300+. Good speed and very strong.

Lucas Turpin (Turbo) - Senior, defensive end at 6'2" and 235. Moved to defensive end and tight end last year after greatly improving strength and
speed. Very strong and athletic.

All of these guys have performed very well at the high school level earning All District and All County honors with a couple receiving All State honors. They also have put up good numbers at college camps and combines.

There are probably a couple of others but I don't know the details.
Having Danny on the field would help any team. It is selfish, and irresponsible to tell a multi-sport Athlete kid he needs to focus on one sport. He needs to play Football, and Basketball to see where his best chances are to get his school paid for...He doesn't have the Height for Basketball.....just my opinion..
SouthSider Wrote:Having Danny on the field would help any team. It is selfish, and irresponsible to tell a multi-sport Athlete kid he needs to focus on one sport. He needs to play Football, and Basketball to see where his best chances are to get his school paid for...He doesn't have the Height for Basketball.....just my opinion..

Who gave Danny that advice?
Topic was college prospect.... but I haven't read anything or anyone receiving or being offered.