Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best LB's from 06'?
Advance Eagles Wrote:Are you talking about Wes Woods from Prestonsburg. He has been selected along with Kasey Clark to play in the KY/Tenn All-Star game.

Did Slusher make that squad?

The hit of they day at Papa Johns at State was when Josh Wills dropped Brandon Ford for a 2 yd loss in the 2nd play of the game. His Great grandchildern will feel that hit.

I believe they were talkin bout WYMT's hit of the YEAR, not hit of the day....
Those of us not in the WYMT area havn't had the opportunity to see it.

All of the kid mentioned are really good. It would be impossible to say who is the best.
You must also realize that the Kentucky /Tenn. allstar game is a politically driven game. You got to have some pull to get on that team from this part of the state. The only non political list or all star team is the Courier Journal all state team. It is actually done by just votes.
But all the athletes listed are very deserving.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I believe they were talkin bout WYMT's hit of the YEAR, not hit of the day....

I'm sorry were there any mountain teams that went to Louisville and didn't have to buy a ticket? LOL

I think Fball is right though. These are all great players.
I Rule The World Wrote:You must also realize that the Kentucky /Tenn. allstar game is a politically driven game.

The goal is to beat Tennessee not to make friends.
You are correct.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I believe they were talkin bout WYMT's hit of the YEAR, not hit of the day....

I was there to witness that hit. It is my understanding that Ford ended up playing the rest of the game with a shoulder separation from that hit. It may not have been the hit of the year but it was massive to say the least.
It was not his best hit this year. A guy from Cawood caught a 5 and in and Ryan Howard missed him but Timmy was coming along, and mauled him. Hit him so hard he left his feet, the guy's feet flew in the air, and he knocked Ryan down. Wymt wasn't there at that time, or that would have been the hit of the year.
What about the hit that Wills gave to the kid from Estill Co.??? The guy couldn't remember his name after that one. Had to be taken to the Hospital.
DevilsWin Wrote:What about the hit that Wills gave to the kid from Estill Co.??? The guy couldn't remember his name after that one. Had to be taken to the Hospital.

I remember that as well. Didn't Wills start from about the "R" and met the RB at about the 35 or 40 with a full head of steam. Violent hit right there as well.
Midee1 Wrote:I remember that as well. Didn't Wills start from about the "R" and met the RB at about the 35 or 40 with a full head of steam. Violent hit right there as well.

That was the hardest hit I have seen in a high school game in a long time. Wills did have a about a 30 yard running start before contact was made. The recipient of the hit said it didn't hurt but he couldn't remember his name or where he was for about 20 minutes. Kinda hard to remember pain when you are unconscious. He was taken to the hospital for observations. Thankfully it turned out to be a concussion and nothing more serious. The kid was a pretty tough little RB.
DevilsWin Wrote:What about the hit that Wills gave to the kid from Estill Co.??? The guy couldn't remember his name after that one. Had to be taken to the Hospital.
You mean the kid from "CALI" I remeber it LOL Seth Harvey was holding up the kid and he was OUT COLD. Seth Had to lay him down........ Massive hit!!!
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm sorry were there any mountain teams that went to Louisville and didn't have to buy a ticket? LOL

I think Fball is right though. These are all great players.

No, actually no mountain teams made it this year. I mean what are you going to do when ur school has less than 400 students total going against teams that are switching to 2 and 3a next season and have plenty of students and great ball players to choose from.(danville-somerset-NCC)??lol But o well, hehe, well see nxt year............but newayz to stay on topic there were a lot of great linebackers last year, and good hits are great. But just because you can hit hard or have a couple good hits in a season, doesnt mean that you are the best lb around. Anyone can do that, it takes more... You have to hit hard, know your reads, fly to the ball, make the tackles....basically be the defense's coach on the field. You cantbe the best LB around with just a couple good hits. IMO Wills, Slusher, Timmy Baker, Sublett, the Honakers, Bart Teague, and Michael Campbell make up the best OVERALL LB's of 06'. I really couldnt narrow it down to just one. So, thats my list, and I think most would agree with me on it.
I believe you're missing a few. Davis, Tackett, Flynn???????
Definetly tackett and Johnson but also davis hes pretty phenominal too
Midee1 Wrote:I remember that as well. Didn't Wills start from about the "R" and met the RB at about the 35 or 40 with a full head of steam. Violent hit right there as well.

This hit was absolutely ridiculous. It would be #1 on the Best Damn Knockouts show on FOX Sports Net.
we stopped playin for about 10 minutes so they could load him onto an ambulance. i had a good view of that hit and it was a mean one
danville's number 25, hes 5'6 125 pounds and had over 200 tackles
Jordan Walters- Southwestern
All these guys are great but where will they be playing their college ball?
was SC's Linbackers any good??
X-TREME Wrote:was SC's Linbackers any good??
They were average. The team this past season was an average team. They lost to a down Prestonsburg team. Not once but twice. The linebackers failed to do their job that game. But they were young. Hopefully this year they can put together some playoff wins.