Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Tri-County Players To Watch On Defense
Corbin Times, had a good article yesterday on stand out Defensive Tri-County Players this season - enjoyed refreshing my memory: Hi-lights were:

Corbin: Harley Lambert - 71 tackles last season
Williamsburg: Austin Huskey - Hard hitter
North Laurel: Jake McWhorter - 138 tackles last season
Whitley County: Tim Canada - 25 tackles last season
South Laurel: Jared Grubb - 29 tackles last season
Knox Central: Jared Hall - 92 tackles last season
Lynn Camp: Tyler Emery - Does well defending passes
:Clap:
Some dont seem to be standouts.expected to improve this season?
Huskey looks like he got it done in the weight room this off season, expect some big plays from him this year...
Could be some of the top defense graduated from a few teams & they had few stats for the younger guys. I have watched Mcwhorter & Lambert in person. Also this winter on some sports clips on line. Those fellows are impressive.
Huskey had been making big plays for three years
If I am not mistaken, most of those players saw a lot of action & a few started as Freshmen.
I can only speak for 1 name on the list. Harley is a load! He was a great player last year. Bigger, stronger, and faster this year...
They had some season predictions today in the paper.

Interesting to say the least.
Had Whitley beating North for district.
I think he predicted records a week or two ago and had both Corbin and Whitley at 7-3.

Truthfully the only game I wouldn't think Corbin would be the favorite in would be Southwestern, and it could be a toss up by the time it rolls around. If Corbin has pretty much the same schedule next year.
Lambert by far is the best defensive lineman in the tri-countries and probably one of the top 6-7 defensive ends in the state.

Hall is a good linebacker but a little under sized to be a big time player, but what he lacks in size he makes up in heart.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They had some season predictions today in the paper.

Interesting to say the least.
Had Whitley beating North for district.
I think he predicted records a week or two ago and had both Corbin and Whitley at 7-3.

Truthfully the only game I wouldn't think Corbin would be the favorite in would be Southwestern, and it could be a toss up by the time it rolls around. If Corbin has pretty much the same schedule next year.

I missed it. Was that in The News Journal?
Tim Canada for Whitley County is a senior defensive lineman. with he and junior Dawson Powers they have a couple pretty good ones.
I didn't see that either - just the one about 'Defending Their Turf', the Defensive side of things. I notice North Laurel doesn't get on here bragging it up about their kids like some other's do. I don't live in London but got interested in that team last year when I got back in the country. I have a buddy who has a son that plays up there I work with. I don't know all the kids but I watched that Mcwhorter kid play a lot last year and he is one of the best at his position as his stats point out. Anxious to see what North brings to the table this year filling in with their undefeated JV team from last season. Should be exciting for fans in Laurel County that's for sure!
It was in the times.
Theres been a different list just about every week day.
Record predictions were one day last week.