Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Sophs in the 15th
I am wondering about the 15th's Sophomore class. What impact will these talented young players have this coming season?
Daniel Harmon - Pikeville
Dillon Baldwin - Johnson County
Corey Adams - Paintsville
My personal favorite, Jake Cyrus - Paintsville
Michael Conley - Johnson County
Belfry should have some good sophs, I just don't know their names.

I am putting these in no particular order (just getting some names out there). I know there are plenty more outstanding Sophs in the area, I just wanted to get the discussion started. For some schools, who are re-building, Sophs will be vital additions. How exciting is this season going to be? I look forward to hearing about the Class of 2009, and who we can look for on the field!
Magoffin county will have a great group of soph. playin 4 them. As 5 freshman started lat year 4 MC and they all will be reaturning back on the field this spring. They was also about 5 or 6 freshman last year on the bench that will be returning this as a soph.Comes 2009 if all the soph. this year will stick it out then in 09 MC will have about 9 or 10 seniors.
Mike Conley-JC Best Soph. pitcher, outstanding freshmen season on mound.

Corey Adams- Paintsville & Chase Richardson JC are by far the best hitters, both hit above .380 as freshmen.

Josh Prater-Allen Central will be big on the mound and with the bat.
Gator Wrote:Mike Conley-JC Best Soph. pitcher, outstanding freshmen season on mound.

Corey Adams- Paintsville & Chase Richardson JC are by far the best hitters, both hit above .380 as freshmen.

Josh Prater-Allen Central will be big on the mound and with the bat.

Paintsville Tyler Lemaster was 3-0 as a frosh last year with wins over Pikeville and Belfry.
Chase Richardson
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville Tyler Lemaster was 3-0 as a frosh last year with wins over Pikeville and Belfry.

That's right! I knew I was leaving someone out, but couldn't place them! Paintsville has many new faces who have waited their turn, so to speak. I'd say it's like this at several other baseball schools. That's why I love to see sophomores earn their way into a line up!
Daniel Harmon from Pikeville.
SF has a couple of decent Sophomores.
Joel Meade - ER
Brady Horn SC
Mike Conley
Harmon
I think daniel harmon will be good...and Luke Huffman will be a good pitcher as well...:thumpsup: :rockon:
prestonsburg has some pretty good sophomores that started as freshman i know seth setser allen craynon chris schoolcraft and billy robinson pinched hit a couple games and did alright and jon blair could be starting this year billy robinson should be take the short stop position i think pburg are gonna be a good young team this year they will imporve alot
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread free of insults!
Harmon - Pikeville
I have to go with Daniel Harmon from Pikeville on this one.
Note that the thread is about the best soph's(as in plural) Can people come up with more than just one name on their lists?
Mike Conley is definitely up and coming. Hall depended a great deal on him last year as he posted a 7-3 record including an impressive win over Boyd County. I watched him in a basketballgame last night and he seems to have lost about 10-15 pounds while growing about 3-4 inches and his arms have really grown. Richardson will also be one to watch, I saw him and Conley hitting some with one another the other day and both young men can swing a bat. This will be their fourth varsity year with both having been to the final four at Applebee's. Tyler Lemaster may be the most overlooked soph, he has great speed and an abundance of talent.
Josh Prater
3sporteagle Wrote:Mike Conley is definitely up and coming. Hall depended a great deal on him last year as he posted a 7-3 record including an impressive win over Boyd County. I watched him in a basketballgame last night and he seems to have lost about 10-15 pounds while growing about 3-4 inches and his arms have really grown. Richardson will also be one to watch, I saw him and Conley hitting some with one another the other day and both young men can swing a bat. This will be their fourth varsity year with both having been to the final four at Applebee's. Tyler Lemaster may be the most overlooked soph, he has great speed and an abundance of talent.

I will have to agree with you. Conley and Richardson have always been great baseball players and I think they've matured and grown into fine young men. Tyler Lemaster has always stepped up to the plate and proven his abilities. I think he will have a good year as well. I think that Cory Adams has good speed and abilities either behind the plate, in outfield or batting.
The_Pistol Wrote:Harmon - Pikeville
I agree :Thumbs:
MC has has some really solid sophomores.
Joe Minix
Brandon Marshall
Billy Perkins
Wes Hunley

This just a few of our soph, We look forward to a very exciting season
Yes mike conley and richardson both can hit the baseball. I watched a bit of JCs batting practice and Conley hit one out in left center. It was belted so he has gotten alot stronger because we all know it has to be a shot to get it out that field.
maxhornet Wrote:MC has has some really solid sophomores.
Joe Minix
Brandon Marshall
Billy Perkins
Wes Hunley

This just a few of our soph, We look forward to a very exciting season
Also MC has starting cacther wes miller and starting out fielders ryan hall and jamie duty
Robert T. Runyon -- Belfry