Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Report Card
This is not a ranking system, just how I think each team has performed so far on their own scale.

Shelby Valley (5-0) B They are 5-0 but have only played on team. They did destroy Shawnee though, if they had played another quality opponent they would get an A.

Johnson Central (4-1) C- One quality win over East Carter, and a terrible loss to the worst team in the 7th region. Not very good so far.

Magoffin (4-1) B They have beaten the teams they are supposed to and played JBS tough. They would have an A, but having to hit a buzzer beater to get to OT with Betsy Layne is far from impressive.

Belfry (3-0) B Have played one quality opponent, squeaked out the W. Twin Valley was a descent team, but by no means a signature win.

Pike Central (3-1) B They have wins over Phelps, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark. Their lone loss is to Allen Central, they are doing alot with limited talent.

Allen Central (3-1) A Who would have though AC would be 3-1? Not me, great start for the Rebs.

Lawrence County (2-1) B- Good win over Jackson County. B- because they let Paintsville run away with that game at the end.

Paintsville (2-2) C Exactly where they thought they would be. They hung pretty tough with two good teams and beat two pretty descent 15th region teams.

Piarist (2-5) A- How long has it been since Piarist has had 2 wins this early in the season.

Phelps (2-1) C- I think they have more talent than Pike Central so that loss is a strike against them in my book. Had to come back against Besty Layne.

Pikeville (1-1) B Right where they need to be. Beat Portsmouth-CLay soundly and hung tough with Paintsville.

East Ridge (1-2) D Haven't proved anything yet. Coeburn is not good at all, so that win has little merit.

Prestonsburg (0-1) D Only played one game so hard to tell, but they got beat pretty easily by a descent Magoffin team.

South Floyd (0-3) D Things have went straight down hill after playing Johnson Central tough. A downward spiral at Hi Hat.

Betsy Layne (0-4) F Destroyed by Shelby Valley, and only one loss by single digits. I didn't think they would start this ugly.

Sheldon Clark (0-6) F There closest game has been 15 points and thats because Belfry took off the press. They don't have much to work with in Inez.

David School (0-7) C They are doing all that they can, with the limited number of students.
wow i thought betsy layne would be doin better than that
SV is doing great this year at 5-0 but who have they played
They have been a pretty big disapointment, I'm sure they will get somewhat on track.
kyballer Wrote:SV is doing great this year at 5-0 but who have they played
OBI, Craig Va, Betsy Layne,David, and Shawnee. So Shawnee is the only quality opponent.
yeah easy schedule so far. Do they have any tough games coming up
Prestonsburg, Buckhorn, Haysi, and then Corbin.
They play Hazard in the WYMT in early January.
Hazard shold put up a good fight
Corbin is pretty tough too. Atleast traditionally.
I heard Corbin was having a rough year but im not sure
Larry Legend Wrote:This is not a ranking system, just how I think each team has performed so far on their own scale.

Shelby Valley (5-0) B They are 5-0 but have only played on team. They did destroy Shawnee though, if they had played another quality opponent they would get an A.

Johnson Central (4-1) C- One quality win over East Carter, and a terrible loss to the worst team in the 7th region. Not very good so far.

Magoffin (4-1) B They have beaten the teams they are supposed to and played JBS tough. They would have an A, but having to hit a buzzer beater to get to OT with Betsy Layne is far from impressive.

Belfry (3-0) B Have played one quality opponent, squeaked out the W. Twin Valley was a descent team, but by no means a signature win.

Pike Central (3-1) B They have wins over Phelps, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark. Their lone loss is to Allen Central, they are doing alot with limited talent.

Allen Central (3-1) A Who would have though AC would be 3-1? Not me, great start for the Rebs.

Lawrence County (2-1) B- Good win over Jackson County. B- because they let Paintsville run away with that game at the end.

Paintsville (2-2) C Exactly where they thought they would be. They hung pretty tough with two good teams and beat two pretty descent 15th region teams.

Piarist (2-5) A- How long has it been since Piarist has had 2 wins this early in the season.

Phelps (2-1) C- I think they have more talent than Pike Central so that loss is a strike against them in my book. Had to come back against Besty Layne.

Pikeville (1-1) B Right where they need to be. Beat Portsmouth-CLay soundly and hung tough with Paintsville.

East Ridge (1-2) D Haven't proved anything yet. Coeburn is not good at all, so that win has little merit.

Prestonsburg (0-1) D Only played one game so hard to tell, but they got beat pretty easily by a descent Magoffin team.

South Floyd (0-3) D Things have went straight down hill after playing Johnson Central tough. A downward spiral at Hi Hat.

Betsy Layne (0-4) F Destroyed by Shelby Valley, and only one loss by single digits. I didn't think they would start this ugly.

Sheldon Clark (0-6) F There closest game has been 15 points and thats because Belfry took off the press. They don't have much to work with in Inez.

David School (0-7) C They are doing all that they can, with the limited number of students.

Hey man,that looks really good
kyballer Wrote:Hazard shold put up a good fight
:lmao:funnnny
Looks good, I agree.

I agree, Hazard has some athletes.

3 points Wrote::lmao:funnnny

What's so funny. Have you never heard of Micheal Campbell , SV has NOONE that can stop him inside.
larry i agree with ur list
Thats pretty accurate.
yea
hazard is a good all-around team so whats so funny
Redneck Wrote:I agree, Hazard has some athletes.

What's so funny. Have you never heard of Micheal Campbell , SV has NOONE that can stop him inside.
I know or Hicks
Hicks and Campbell are two of the best players in their region and personally i think no one from the 15th can stop them
I agree with list in the most part, everything has gone pretty much the way we expected. The season is early and I think some players and teams will develop and be surprises.

I think the main thing about the 15th so far is that it is balanced and several upsets will happen. I predict the 57th will be wild before the year is out.

I believe this is a 15th region report card. You can start your own 14th region report card thread though if you want.:Thumbs:
dunker30 Wrote:Hicks and Campbell are two of the best players in their region and personally i think no one from the 15th can stop them

Well they don't have to unless they meet in the All A or state tournament.
Can we dish out a grade of Zero to Sheldon Clark?
NYY10 Wrote:Hey man,that looks really good

Yea man I agree with you.
HazzBeen Wrote:Well they don't have to unless they meet in the All A or state tournament.
Actually they could meet in the 2nd round of the WYMT, I am looking forward to the potential matchup.