Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 4 Lawrence County 1
Johnson Central gets 2 in the 1st, 1 in the 6th, 1 int 7th. Lawrence County gets one in the 7th. Lc has lead off doubles in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th innings and can not get a run across. LC leaves 13 men on base. JC gets the defensive stop when they needed them. LC pitches Coverdale and Turner and JC pitches Meade and not for sure but I think it was Hitchcock. Both teams hit the ball well making it a fun game to watch. Both teams will be back in action today at LC weather permitting. LC vs. Ravenswood WV. 6pm. JC vs. Greenup County 8pm.
Sounds much closer than what the score indicates. Sounds like JC escaped with one, especially with Lawrence leaving that many runners on-base. However, championship teams always find ways to win regardless of how the other team is playing. Great teams never seem to play by what is on the scoreboard. They always stay process-oriented and are able to control games by executing at the right times. This will always allow them to be in every game they play, and always have the ability to come back from whatever situation gets thrown at them. Congrats to both teams! Sounds like a great game to watch.
Good win for JC. It wasn't their best performance but they did what they had to do to get a road victory.
Tate Meade lit up the radar gun to a tune of 88mph April 9 at Lawrence Co. He hit 88 at least 10-12 times and consistently threw 82-84! Not too shabby for a 2018 Freshman!!!!!!!!!! I have a pic of the gun but it puts up a bunch of gobbly gook when I try to copy and paste. Someone can tell me how to do it, I will post!!!!!