Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co vs Knox Central
Good effort from the bears we just feel a little short. Looking forward to next year. Great game to watch our kids play in. Congrats to knox.
Congratulations to the Knox Central Panthers!!! It took you to overtime, but you got the job done in the end.

I'm so very proud of my Black Bears!!

Good luck Seniors!!!
Great game to watch both teams really fought for it. Adams stepped up with a huge three to send it to Ot. Great for the kid who wasn't sure if he would even get to play again this season due to injury. Knox and Clay should be a battle. I think Williamsburg will be waiting for whoever pulls this one out. Should be a fun finish to the region.
One last thing. As hard as these kids played in the game, I paid particuliar attention to the hand shake line. There were a lot of respect shown from these players...both sides. Classy!!
No 4 for HC is the best player in the region that no one talks about. Love the kids game. Big boy for HC had a heck of game tonight too.
Agree!!!
I was pulling for and upset tonight came close to getting it...Congrats to Harlan County basketball on a great season and very tough schedule this year...And Congratulations to Knox county central on win. :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: :Cheerlead
Great game, In all honesty Knox should be at the house, but they found a way to win. look forward to both semi match ups
BrokenArrow Wrote:Great game, In all honesty Knox should be at the house, but they found a way to win. look forward to both semi match ups

Harlan County had this game WON. Up 3 points with 10 sec. to go and a foul to give. Come on use 2 fouls to run time off clock. Make Knox hit 2 Ft's inbounds ball and Game, Set Match. Never give a team a chance to hit 3 pt. shot a buzzer in that situation. Cong: to Knox on win.:igiveup:
Congrats Knox
Sounds like a dandy
cellking, I agree totallt but I had one of the best high school coaches in ky history tell me in that situation to just play good defense. He actually chewed my ass one time for me doing that but I still think its right move. old school vs new school I guess.
Count Wrote:No 4 for HC is the best player in the region that no one talks about. Love the kids game. Big boy for HC had a heck of game tonight too.

I think that kid may be the grandson of A very good friend of mine Perky Bryant. Perky went to Evarts HS and is A living Ledgen. Great FB player.
ky playmaker Wrote:cellking, I agree totallt but I had one of the best high school coaches in ky history tell me in that situation to just play good defense. He actually chewed my ass one time for me doing that but I still think its right move. old school vs new school I guess.

Had Harlan County done what I said they win the game. Why are Coaches too bull headed to do what makes sense. I guess if Harlan is happy with outcome it is fine by Me. JMO
ky playmaker Wrote:cellking, I agree totallt but I had one of the best high school coaches in ky history tell me in that situation to just play good defense. He actually chewed my ass one time for me doing that but I still think its right move. old school vs new school I guess.
This strategy has been an on-going debate within my group of basketball experts. It's a hard call, but in the situation Harlan County was in I would have fouled. Doesn't make it right, just what I would have done. I had the same conversation with a highly respected old school coach, and got the same answer. Play solid defense and don't put 'em on the line. I agree, it's old vrs new.
walterwhite Wrote:This strategy has been an on-going debate within my group of basketball experts. It's a hard call, but in the situation Harlan County was in I would have fouled. Doesn't make it right, just what I would have done. I had the same conversation with a highly respected old school coach, and got the same answer. Play solid defense and don't put 'em on the line. I agree, it's old vrs new.

When the 3 pt. shot came into existence it created this argument, up until this time there was no reason to foul. I'm just glad I'm old coach with new school thoughts. :eyeroll:
I tell you one thing us bleacher coaches always seem to make the correct call and would be undefeated every season LOL! I am guilty of the old bleacher coaching myself at times. Great game by Harlan Co. players and coaching staff. Little Mike is a very good young coach and has those kids playing hard for him at the Harlan Co. school.
A friend of mine last night told me Harlan County has never won a region game not at Harlan County. Is this true?
Great game nice win for KC... I would have fouled if I was HC
Cellking Wrote:Harlan County had this game WON. Up 3 points with 10 sec. to go and a foul to give. Come on use 2 fouls to run time off clock. Make Knox hit 2 Ft's inbounds ball and Game, Set Match. Never give a team a chance to hit 3 pt. shot a buzzer in that situation. Cong: to Knox on win.:igiveup:
I couldn't agree more, and consider it a huge coaching error.

topnotch Wrote:I think that kid may be the grandson of A very good friend of mine Perky Bryant. Perky went to Evarts HS and is A living Ledgen. Great FB player.
Did you see Perky there last night? He really is a living legend! Wonderful athlete in his own right. He had a massive stroke a few years back, and nobody thought he would live through it. BUT, he did and has even been able to walk a few steps. Everybody should strive for his will and determination.

Cellking Wrote:Had Harlan County done what I said they win the game. Why are Coaches too bull headed to do what makes sense. I guess if Harlan is happy with outcome it is fine by Me. JMO
Nobody from Harlan is happy with the outcome, believe me!! But what can you do other than accept it?

Ky storm Wrote:Great game nice win for KC... I would have fouled if I was HC
I would've fouled once and probably twice!!

All this being said, I don't want to minimize Knox Central's victory in any way. Those kids fought and scrapped last night, and did it with pride and intensity.
Playing hard is only part of what gets it done this time of the year. Teams that advance this time of the year are either very lucky, very talented and/or well coached. Neither one of these teams is very well coached. Bad coaching for HC cost them the game at the end and KC got lucky. Both teams did play hard!!!
Harlan played very well. Knox just dug in and stole a victory. I would have fouled twice but we are all better coaches the day after. Coach Jones will win a lot of ball games before he is done. Congrats to Panthers.