Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class 2A Pre-Season Top 10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lots of people forgetting Bardstown is 3A now and lots of people overlooking Owensboro Catholic as well

1. DeSales
2. Mayfield
3. NCC
4. CAL
5. Murray
6. Owensboro Catholic
7. Shelby Valley
8. Monroe County
9. LCA
10. Walton-Verona

Bah, you got me. I totally forgot to notice that.
pjdoug Wrote:the odds are good that you will never him from again after Highlands thrashes The Maroons.

^ hear from him againConfusednicker:
I knew what you were thinking.
Maroon State Champs. I applaud your enthusiasm. I too am proud of their accomplishment. Probably for different reasons. I was there when the program started under Coach Johns. I was there to pick the rocks off the playing field. Our parents, and fans didn't even have bleachers to sit on. They had to sit on blankets on the hill where the bleachers are now. Those were some tough times. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. We knew back then, that we had no shots of ever winning a district or a regional, we were just playing for a winning record. But we did know that we were going to be the foundation of a winning program. I have a lot of respect for the Somerset program. I have had many really great friends play there. Guys from both teams have always been friends with each other. It's a small community, and we all knew each other. Sure we would go back and forth about football, but we always hung out back then at Wendy's after our games. Coach Johns, and Coach Zoeller both taught us how to lose with class, lets show just a little when we win.

Back to the original topic. DeSales looked good in the Spring. Big, and fast. Defense will again be just plain nasty just like last year. I think this team will be better than last year. I just see a showdown looming in Mayfield in Nov. Can't say now how that will go, way to early. But I 100% believe that will be your 2a state championship game.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales looked good in the Spring. Big, and fast. Defense will again be just plain nasty just like last year. I think this team will be better than last year. I just see a showdown looming in Mayfield in Nov. Can't say now how that will go, way to early. But I 100% believe that will be your 2a state championship game.

Colt tell us about CAL, you guys have had wars in recent years. Will they too be a factor in AA or do you think they will be less of a threat this year?
CAL, did lose some offense, if I remember correctly. I think they lost their their qb, rb, and fb. However, they have a great head coach. They will be fundamentally sound. They teach good defense, so I expect them to be solid there as well. We have had some wars with them, thankfully we have beaten them when it counts. Best thing about it though is that our boys, and theirs can really get after it while on the field. It's a physical game when we play them, but win or lose, afterward the boys can come together and pray together.
I can't wait for season to get started. Our bunch is a year older, stronger and faster. They still seem to be a very close knit bunch as well. I think it's gonna be another great year.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm not condoning this Maroons State Champs dude at all as he's a tad off his rocker. However, with that said, you've acted the exact same way toward Williamsburg. Get off your high horse. You're both trolls.

I aint a troll i have been a maroon since day one when we would get our heads kicked in we did not even have a field and somerset and there fans would mock us all the time. Now that we have done what they could not do they come on here with there false humility. So shut your face .
I don't get it. Why does he have such a chip on his shoulder. I don't recall anyone saying anything remotely negative about PC until he started telling everyone they weren't anywhere near as good as PC.
Pulaski has no business in this thread. Keep it that way.
I really don't mind anyone talking about PC if they can be respectful of others. I really can't get how a first time winner can come in and start dogging multiple time champs by telling them they can't hang with the big dogs. Especially after only beating one of those bugs dogs by 7 after us little dogs shut them big dogs out.
I have no doubt Mayfield will be in the mix. Who knows what will happen with good teams like Murray, Owensboro Catholic, CAL, and Desales on the same side of the bracket. Mayfield will get its share of titles, but in the years they don't come out on top there opponent will know they was in a dogfight. You can definitely say the same thing for Desales. I think we see these 2 hook up a couple times in the next 4 years, before Desales heads to 3a. I do have a buddy from Caldwell that keeps doubting Mayfield saying "they won those titles in single A ball, This is double AA ball" I hope the boys in red helmets prove him wrong.
CAL has a strong freshman class coming in as well. Wright kid will be a freshman and is the real deal. Very athletic, fast and great hands.
Killbilly, you can remind your friend of a few things that might quieten that mouth. First remind him that the first 5 state titles came in AA. That was in the old 4 class system. Second remind him to look at who lost the 5A title game last year by one touchdown. Then look at what this little 1A or 2A school did to that team. I suspect people's opinions are going to change in just 5 months.
mysonis55 Wrote:Killbilly, you can remind your friend of a few things that might quieten that mouth. First remind him that the first 5 state titles came in AA. That was in the old 4 class system. Second remind him to look at who lost the 5A title game last year by one touchdown. Then look at what this little 1A or 2A school did to that team. I suspect people's opinions are going to change in just 5 months.

Believe me ive told him about the titles in 2a before. He got his little speal from remember the titans, but changed the words a bit. I do think he believes they wont do as good. His uncle a coach at Caldwell has told him that he thinks Mayfield will win a 2a title fairly soon. He is just a Mayfield hater largely due to his senior year in 06 they where supposed to be good, and Mayfield abused them 35-7 at Marshall County. He especially hates when I tell him 06 was just an average Mayfield team, not a bad team, yet not one of there greatest either.
The learning curve will catch up with him this year.
Maybe you can give him this tidbit. This is the results between Mayfield vs Caldwell the last 3 years, while they had Mr Football at the helm. We are 2-1 and have outscored the Tigers 129-67. That averages out to 43-22 per game. This on a team that made it to one state final and should have made it to at least one more state semi final during that time in 2a. So why would he think we can't compete. Tell him we are waiting for the answer.