Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg??
Will this job be coming open or is this just a rumor?
I have no idea if its true or not but if I had to guess Id say no..Ive been wrong before though.:Thumbs:
Possible. I've heard John goes into administration...James becomes the HFC and that would leave HBC open. But who really knows.
I heard that Pburg has all kinds of talent roaming the halls.
Why would anyone want this job as long as the current principal and a Derossett are there, cause the new coach still won't have a chance to succeed.
need to make their current baseball coach their round ball coach as he is capable of improving the basketball program as well as he has the baseball program
Real Badman Wrote:Possible. I've heard John goes into administration...James becomes the HFC and that would leave HBC open. But who really knows.

I don't think James will be coaching anything after this season according to a few different people close to the situation.

As for their baseball coach taking over, I don't think he is really interested in doing both and his main sport was baseball. That is what Simpkins played collegiately.
-STAT- Wrote:I don't think James will be coaching anything after this season according to a few different people close to the situation.

As for their baseball coach taking over, I don't think he is really interested in doing both and his main sport was baseball. That is what Simpkins played collegiately.

Then this gives more validity to the Shawn Hager to Pburg rumor.
I have also heard the Shawn hager rumor. I work in Prestonsburg, which is where I get my gossip. The name that is floating around town is Landon Slone. He has floyd county ties and his sister/brother-in-law graduated from Prestonsburg High. Like I said, this is all heresay as of right now. However, it is still fun to speculate.
You know what I never put 2 and 2 together but Hager played College Basketball with the superintendent Webb at Alice Lloyd while I was there. They both are good friends with me in college but never have mentioned this. Interesting
The best thing for Prestonsburg is to just open the job and see who all apply's.
I think Prestonsburg needs to hire a young guy thats not from Prestonsburg. They could have a good program if they hire the right person.

Don't hire someone because they are your buddy or because they know someone, get a young guy that loves basketball and wants to do good.
Don't be surprised if BMR gives it up this year and Landon is at Paintsville.
From talking to people around the state the big issue for coaches now is jobs. It is not like years ago where a board just creates a job and with the economy the way it is jobs may be hard to get.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Why would anyone want this job as long as the current principal and a Derossett are there, cause the new coach still won't have a chance to succeed.

I've heard from a couple people the principle is retiring after this school year and that John was retiring also. From my understanding he has enough time in teaching to retire.
Landon may end up in Paintsville not Prestonsburg.
Glory Days Wrote:I've heard from a couple people the principle is retiring after this school year and that John was retiring also. From my understanding he has enough time in teaching to retire.

Retire instead of fire. Happens all the time.
desperado Wrote:Landon may end up in Paintsville not Prestonsburg.

Maybe. I think it will be the first one that comes along. I don't think BMR will step down anytime soon though.
UK#24 Wrote:Don't hire someone because they are your buddy or because they know someone,

Man, this is Eastern,Ky and Floyd co at that..The buddy system rules all here..From the school board to the county govt..My wife worked for the school board for about 9 years..Ive seen teachers with 15 years exp have to sub because someone in the buddy system(niece,son,daughter,grand-daughter etc) needed the job straight out of school(with no exp) more than they did..
I have not heard the Landon rumor..I know some of his family pretty well..Ill ask if I see them soon.
I would think JR Vanhoose would get a look for the boys job first at Paintsville before Landon would.
Vanhoose may very well end up there but Landon would be a great choice for Painstville too.Prestonsburg...just don't see it but stranger things have happened.
Glory Days Wrote:I would think JR Vanhoose would get a look for the boys job first at Paintsville before Landon would.

If you haven't noticed, JR joined the enemy. He may be next in line if Tommy ever steps down at JC.
Glory Days Wrote:I would think JR Vanhoose would get a look for the boys job first at Paintsville before Landon would.

It's been a while since JR has been at Paintsville. It really comes down to who is the better fit for today, not what they did in the past. I don't necessarily agree with you that he would get the shot before Landon.

Also, I'm sure when J.R. made the move to Central, he knew that would obviously burn a lot of bridges with some of the people from Paintsville. It's just a part of joining the enemy/rival. That would make for an interesting rivalry if they were both hired somewhere.