Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Golf Thread
Hey all...Do we have any avid golfers here on BGR? I've been recently growing to love the game of golf. I thought I might open a thread to talk about "all things golf." Just anything really like: rules, pro golf, amateur golf, golf clubs, local and state level golf, golf trips, handicaps, and on and on. Wondering if people here are the same. Maybe we could organize a BGR golf outing in the future.
When I was in 6th grade future PGA pro Robert Damron enrolled in our school. He had no friends. I felt sorry for him and became his friend. That's my only golf story because I don't really follow the sport.
I don't follow it religiously, but I'll watch some of the majors and the Ryder Cup.

I'm a member at StoneCrest, but only play a few times a month. Plan on playing much more this year. I usually shoot in the 90s. Hope I can break into the 80s a few times this year.
^^
I have played stone crest several times myself I really enjoy playing there but it's just a long haul from barbourville though. I was a member at crooked creek for several years, but over the last couple of years I just havent had the time to play that much. Hope to play more this year.

One of the best coarses to play for the money is gibson bay in Richmond.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I've never played at StoneCrest. When I play it's usually at Raven Rock in Letcher. How much are memberships at StoneCrest?
If you organize something, I can be a golf cart driver and drink all day. That would really be my only to uses for a golf course. Im too lazy to caddy and have no interest in playing.
I've been to Stonecrest, that place is beautiful. Golf supplies are very expensive. I went to the range up there and hit some balls. Watching it on TV is nothing like playing it. It's really hard. I like to think of myself as a natural athlete, but golf takes a lot of practice and dedication.
Before marriage I played all the time...now, not so much! LOL

Going to try to get out and enjoy atleast three rounds this summer. Kenton County Willows, Lassing Pointe, and Hickory Sticks are three of my favorite courses in NKY. Played Gibson Bay when it first opened up back in the mid 90s in Richmond.

I usually shoot in the 90s give or take ten contingent on how many beers I drink!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Real Badman Wrote:I've never played at StoneCrest. When I play it's usually at Raven Rock in Letcher. How much are memberships at StoneCrest?

I'm not entirely sure. Thinking like $800 for students and $1500 for adults.

The company I work for pays for our memberships.
After I buy a new set of clubs, I may have to play a round over that way.
^
If you haven't ever played Stone Crest you need to its a really nice place and pretty challenging. You want be disappointed I promise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
One thing is certain for golf.

Its expensive in every way.
Very true but it's worth every penny. So relaxing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:One thing is certain for golf.

Its expensive in every way.

That's no joke. The one time I played it cost me $14.50 for the green free alone. I said never again.
I play all summer long at least once a week. I usually go to Allen or Johns Creek but when I feel like spending a couple extra bucks I head to Stonecrest because that place is absolutely beautiful!! I am quite awful at the sport but I have never had a bad day while golfing, it's way too much fun. Only sport you can suck at and still love. lol

Best I have ever shot was at Stonecrest when I shot an 86 from the blue tees. So that shows you how bad I am. lol