Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 86 Ashland 49
FINAL.

(I'm shocked this hadn't been posted yet.)

Kyle Gullett recorded the third triple double in Johnson Central history. Mason Blair reeled in a double double.

Great game to watch. Said it all season -- gonna be JC and SC in the region, given Parsley gets healthy for tournament time.
Shane who.....?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Way to go Johnson Central. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Where are the arrogant Ashland elite in all of this wash of a season? The feeder system on Winslow Road has fallen on hard times. Keep your heads up boys, just have to play one game in the Districts then you can go back to your XBOX and PS3's.
Mr. E. Mann Wrote:Way to go Johnson Central. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Where are the arrogant Ashland elite in all of this wash of a season? The feeder system on Winslow Road has fallen on hard times. Keep your heads up boys, just have to play one game in the Districts then you can go back to your XBOX and PS3's.

Mr. E. Mann may not be a peacemaker but, like it or not, he is knowledgeable and he speaks the truth.
Glad to see Miller back on the court and while his overall game was very rusty, his presence will make Ashland better. He will have to work hard the next two weeks to get his legs back. This will make the first district game interesting, without him I would say Fairview advances, but if he is able to play, this game will be a coin toss.
^ Glad to hear Miller is back on the court.
washed up Wrote:Glad to see Miller back on the court and while his overall game was very rusty, his presence will make Ashland better. He will have to work hard the next two weeks to get his legs back. This will make the first district game interesting, without him I would say Fairview advances, but if he is able to play, this game will be a coin toss.

Pleased that Miller has returned. Hopefully, he still has a chance at 1,000 points and can reach that mark before Ashland is eliminated.

Ashland could well beat the less than average Fairview and advance to the regional tournament. And, since the region is ultra weak, if they draw someone other than Rowan County, they could advance all the was to the finals of the region. This would depend on Rowan County drawing into the same bracket as Boyd County, of course. But, stranger things have happened. While we are "supposing", let's sweeten the pot by bringing Bobby Kouns out of retirement to officiate Ashland's games at Morehead.

Put all that together and Ashland could go to the state tournament. Now that would be something, wouldn't it?:Thumbs:
Truth Wrote:Pleased that Miller has returned. Hopefully, he still has a chance at 1,000 points and can reach that mark before Ashland is eliminated.

Ashland could well beat the less than average Fairview and advance to the regional tournament. And, since the region is ultra weak, if they draw someone other than Rowan County, they could advance all the was to the finals of the region. This would depend on Rowan County drawing into the same bracket as Boyd County, of course. But, stranger things have happened. While we are "supposing", let's sweeten the pot by bringing Bobby Kouns out of retirement to officiate Ashland's games at Morehead.

Put all that together and Ashland could go to the state tournament. Now that would be something, wouldn't it?:Thumbs:

How long has he been retired? I was surprised to see him call baseball games a couple of years ago. Even went to a college baseball game that same year and he was behind the plate in that one..Sheesh, he called basketball games back when I played in the early 70's....We affectionately referred to him as Porter Waggoner because of that blond kinky afro he wore back then..lol
Bob Seger Wrote:How long has he been retired? I was surprised to see him call baseball games a couple of years ago. Even went to a college baseball game that same year and he was behind the plate in that one..Sheesh, he called basketball games back when I played in the early 70's....We affectionately referred to him as Porter Waggoner because of that blond kinky afro he wore back then..lol

I believe this is his second year out of basketball. I think he still calls baseball and football games. I am amused by the theories and excuses posted as to what is wrong with Ashland this year. For anyone who really knows the district and region, the answer is obvious. First, for the first time in years, they are no longer led by "transfers" from Rose Hill and surrounding schools of the tri-state. Second, Bobby retired. If one doesn't think Bobby was important to Ashland, ask some of their former players and coaches of other schools who were "victims" of his whistle.
^ I can't help but find it amusing that you constantly bring up how Ashland got transfers from Rose Hill when in reality the ONLY success Rose Hill has EVER had is due to transfers. Lol
Creeker Wrote:^ I can't help but find it amusing that you constantly bring up how Ashland got transfers from Rose Hill when in reality the ONLY success Rose Hill has EVER had is due to transfers. Lol

Your memory is selective, Creeker. The truth is that all 64th District schools, other than possibly Boyd County which has not known much success lately, have depended on transfers" for what ever success they have enjoyed. Any honest observer of the district must admit that.

The difference lies in who admits it and who hides behind a transparent wall. Did Rose Hill depend on transfers? Of course. But, it is a private school and has no boundaries and, thus, actually "recruits" all its students- including those who can dribble a basketball. Nonetheless, that is not meant as an excuse. Did Rose Hill recruit basketball players? Of course.

Did and does Fairview recruit football players (some of whom play basketball)? The evidence seems rather clear.

Does Ashland recuit from other area schopols- particularly Rose Hill- and from other venues? Look at their limited scccess the last few years and see who led the way.

I'm not chastising Ashland for recruiting. They all do it although Rose Hill seems to be doing a poor job of it now that the movers and shakers are all gone. However, I am chastising Ashland for playing the "holier than thou" card all the time. That card wore out long ago and they should just admit the truth and move on with a degree of honesty.
Keep your heads up Ashland
Truth Wrote:Your memory is selective, Creeker. The truth is that all 64th District schools, other than possibly Boyd County which has not known much success lately, have depended on transfers" for what ever success they have enjoyed. Any honest observer of the district must admit that.

The difference lies in who admits it and who hides behind a transparent wall. Did Rose Hill depend on transfers? Of course. But, it is a private school and has no boundaries and, thus, actually "recruits" all its students- including those who can dribble a basketball. Nonetheless, that is not meant as an excuse. Did Rose Hill recruit basketball players? Of course.

Did and does Fairview recruit football players (some of whom play basketball)? The evidence seems rather clear.

Does Ashland recuit from other area schopols- particularly Rose Hill- and from other venues? Look at their limited scccess the last few years and see who led the way.

I'm not chastising Ashland for recruiting. They all do it although Rose Hill seems to be doing a poor job of it now that the movers and shakers are all gone. However, I am chastising Ashland for playing the "holier than thou" card all the time. That card wore out long ago and they should just admit the truth and move on with a degree of honesty.
Gotcha...