Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Perry Central?
You know we couldn't go long without having another 5A district 8 coaching search thread.

Well here it is. :biggrin:
Tom Larkey, anyone else will not be exciting for us next year.
Guy maybe me and you should apply!
I really truly do hope Larkey.
I love nothing more than a little sports drama.
I wouldn't even mention him, but if anything he may do it just because.

Games at HC next year too I think Confusednicker:

Its going to be a fun BGR year.
Keith Woolum will be the new Head Commodore.
Really? Who is that?
^ Keith Woolum may be a good guess
Background?
It probably won't be a big name like Larkey.But someone close for it to be political.
They should really look at Ovie Canady from Harlan County. He is former Harlan County DC under Larkey.
He related to Tuck?
I would like to see my friend Tewayne Willis get the job..
Why would Perry Central go any route but experience and Larkey after this has happened. It would be a win win for both.
Pumpkin needs to go after a coach instead of a political hire, this program is in trouble. There have been several good kids transfer to Hazard and a bunch more wanting to transfer from a program already struggling. A wrong hire and this program could fold!
Ovie Canady would be an excellent choice. Not only has he done a great job at Harlan County but he has prior head coaching experience. He also did a good job at Middlesboro under Kenny Roark when he was young.
I agree with Rock and blitzingback. Keith Woolum will be the new head man in Commodore Land. The Rube Train is on a collision course with a district title, the only variable is time.
Bert Browne is in the hunt for a new job.
If I'm not mistaken...
Larkey put in for the Perry job before he went to Harlan County and Perry hired Bert Browne.

If Larkey is an option - I don't know how you pass him up.

Dudley Hilton has also been rumored to be eyeing a return to the mountains.
Fellas....they were literally 5 plays from being 6-5 with this barely out of college coach. Sounds to me like he did a heck of a job. Hate that it ended this way for him And the Commodores.
Perry just dont have enough kids to compete in 5A. They couldnt do real well playing Class A year in year out. There is something bad wrong at Perry Central in football and basketball both. I looked at pccs bench last night against us and they only had 3 substitutes. What is wrong with PCC folks?
Mike Whitaker would be a good hire. This would get him almost home.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Perry just dont have enough kids to compete in 5A. They couldnt do real well playing Class A year in year out. There is something bad wrong at Perry Central in football and basketball both. I looked at pccs bench last night against us and they only had 3 substitutes. What is wrong with PCC folks?

You are giving class A ball WAY TO MUCH RESPECT!!!!!
Perry could compete in Class A, it's not even a question.

But they aren't in Class A so we don't have to worry about that.
Lets get something straight Zaga. Perry has NEVER competed in football ever and from the way its looking they probably never wil. Ah Boys all you want. Perrys program took another step back. Hiring Chapman there was a god awful mistake to. Should just let Keith Pray coach all along. Dont matter if you get Larkey or Bill Parcels Perry still will struggle. Basketball is king even though you onl have 7 kids on your varsity. Ah Boys.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Lets get something straight Zaga. Perry has NEVER competed in football ever and from the way its looking they probably never wil. Ah Boys all you want. Perrys program took another step back. Hiring Chapman there was a god awful mistake to. Should just let Keith Pray coach all along. Dont matter if you get Larkey or Bill Parcels Perry still will struggle. Basketball is king even though you onl have 7 kids on your varsity. Ah Boys.

Listen you all have more athletes than anyone in the moutians and you can still only win 1 football championship and perry has competed in football. You all play 7 games a year you wouldn't have to practice at all to win
Hiring a man that coached a state title defense as defensive coordinator was definitely a bad decision.

I have the ability to look at things without the bias that geniuses like you do and I know that if Perry played Lynn Camp, Harlan, Jenkins and Hazard every year that they would be competing just fine... let's not pretend that Perry has never beat Hazard or anything.

We beat them more often than not when I was in school.

Sure Perry isn't in a good spot right now... but they aren't in as bad of shape as you would like them to be.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Perry just dont have enough kids to compete in 5A. They couldnt do real well playing Class A year in year out. There is something bad wrong at Perry Central in football and basketball both. I looked at pccs bench last night against us and they only had 3 substitutes. What is wrong with PCC folks?

Thats a joke... Not every one can play pee wee football like Hazard, sorry. But the past four years Perry would have demolished most of class a.
dore20 Wrote:Thats a joke... Not every one can play pee wee football like Hazard, sorry. But the past four years Perry would have demolished most of class a.

Ok out of the class A top 10 who could of PCC beat??